Premier Dead Sea ProductsRip Off

A Review updated:

I was approached by a sales rep at a stand at the mall the saleswoman name Ronny from Israel, was likeable and funny... and also a liar but I only learned that later. asking if I had a few minutes for a demonstration. She told me all about all their "wonderful products" and how great they were for your skin, this Christmas season, stay away from the Dead Sea Cosmetics stand at your mall!! she had me put my hands out and then she proceeded to put some salt on my hands and rub it, and latter applied a type of lotion to them. Being stupid and unassuming I went ahead and bought 167 dollars worth of eye serum, salt, and pearl white cream.
The company and all theirs reps scam their customers and won't stand behind the products. I will do everything I can to stop them from ripping off other people. I have learned a hard lesson.
I got ripped off it really does not work wont do it again .I also looked at the prices on the internet and they are half price of what I paid. It bothered me that there was no literature for the products. Also, the receipt does not show prices for an itemize item but the total.The receipt also had in tiny tiny print "No Returns" but I didn't even get my receipt until after I had purchased
Not even one start for this company, zero start,

BUYERS I BEG YOU PLEASE TO BE AWARE OF THESE ISRAELIS!!!

• Fl
    flyswithangels Jan 09, 2010

I couldn't disagree more - I too had the "salt" treatment on my hands but because I was buying gifts for others at Christmas I didn't buy for myself. My husband, however, was at the mall some time later and bought a basket of the Premier products for me. I have used the noir mud mask a couple of times and am amazed at the improvement in my skin. It looked better as soon as I removed the mask. You don't say what the problem with the product you bought is and why you wanted to return it. Also, you may want to check into the consumer protection laws applicable to your area to find out whether they are required to refund your purchase price. I don't agree that the products are a scam but any company should be willing to work work with their customers to satisfactorily resolve complaints.

• Li
    Lizababes Feb 09, 2010

I was also a victim of this last week in Paramus Park Mall in Paramus, NJ. I have no intention of buying anything that day, but the salesman begged me to hear him for a few minutes and i let him and the rest was history. I bought a Deja Vu eye serum for $120 (they have a premier dead sea product as well but he used this cream at me as a demo). I checked the price online when i got home and i couldn't believe it, i can get the serum for as low as $17.50. I really feel bad, these people shouldn't be doing this to us. They shouldn't be selling this product here in the U.S. I came back to return it but they said 'no return accepted'. I asked the help of the mall management office, and I was surprised they were aware of the problem. They knew how this company conduct their business in the mall. The management office told me that they'll try to talk to the company and give them a call back in a few days. I hope and pray that the management office can really help me out. They need to do something about this and don't allow companies like this to do business in their premises. I am calling all the victims of this scam... please also inform the management office of your experience, maybe they can help us.

Jane Baldo Feb 22, 2010

Premier Deadsea Products have not only changed my life but now I have recruited all my 7 sisters, aunties, and my mothers life has been transformed too. Her skin looks smooth, fresh and young and she is 68 years old. The wrinkles actually diminished and its her 3rd buy. The breast firming cream is unbelievable, when I finished my first bottle my husband surprised me by buying another one for me for valentine, he says my body feels like when we got married 15 years ago and 2 kids later.
    Lady, If you used the cream when you got home and returned it same day, how was it supposed to have backfired on you...in hours? You had either used something else in the morning and mixed it thus diluting its power or you simply didnt give the product time to work. No matter what they say, and its true you do notice a difference after first application - but total change? c'mon, unless through surgery nothing in this world can give you instant results, nothing...not even surgery actually!!!
    you of little faith!

• Pr
    Premier Dead Sea scammers Aug 03, 2010

For me, the below two comments look false (possibly made up). What Azrana said is completely true, as can be testified by hundreds of other people. Premier Dead sea products are sold via lies and scams at ridiculously high prices.

• Ba
    Bahbrajonz Aug 30, 2010

I too believe these Dead Sea scams should be stopped. First off the product looked and smelled just like standard Kosher Salt. She put my hands over the basin in the same fashion and sprayed water from a misting bottle for me to rinse with. Then she assured me the grey in the white bowl had come from my hands. I believe the mister has dirty water to lead you to believe that you're hands hold that much sludge. I'm borderline OCD with my hand-washing and had just thoroughly washed my hands when this woman approached me.
    She was really brazen, given the fact that I assured her that I had been to Israel and the AHAVA outlet where I bought many Dead Sea items. The whole concept of this region having some special minerals and unique effect on the skin is bogus in my opinion. These people are oh so nice when they think they have you in their clutches, but as soon as you say, "No thanks", they turn very nasty. They believe we're a bunch of gullible Americans with a lot of cash to blow. And they believe their 5 minute shpil should reap them a $100.00 salt sale.

• Ev
    eve4321 Oct 08, 2010

i think that the products amazing, and many of my friends use it too, i even stop to do bottox, and stop spending money on spa facials, i use to use la peri before so im actually saving a lot of money, and by the way i love israel and have a lot of israeli friends, they are charming peoples
    thanks sara from malibu, california.

• Ho
    hollyhollyc Nov 03, 2010

I was lucky enough to not fall into the category of "victim" on this one. But I can well relate to what you all have gone through. I went to the mall today and passed by the kiosk. The pretty, cheerful lady got me and my brother hyped up about trying her products. She did the same demo with me--rubbed salt on my hand and then sprayed it off with a water bottle. She tried and tried extremely well to get me to purchase something. ANYTHING. She was willing to "negotiate." After failed attempts, she became extremely rude. She made me feel very uncomfortable towards the end. I wasn't convinced--there wasn't any "information" on the products, and the fact that she couldn't give me a straight answer the first time on the price was really troublesome. That was my first red flag.

• Tk
    tkaapke Dec 04, 2010

i have had great results with all the premier products i bought at the mall...and wouldnt even want to return any of them. i got all the results i was told i would get and more...I am a very happy customer and will buy again!

• Gy
    gynky Dec 12, 2010

I fell for it all, too! I DO like the products, , , , , , , , , but why don't I see the results here at home as dramatically as at the kiosk? What else might have been in the water mister to make my hands softer? I knew a lot of it was "bunk" but was enjoying the pampering and the great effects of the products. What's really bad is that they were telling me the cost of the heat mask was $600, but they were going to sell it to me for $300. They did that with everything. Everything I bought that was supposedly "a deal", was far more expensive than their online prices. All I can say is "I'm a sucker and an idiot!" I'll have to try and enjoy the products but I'm gonna have to find extra work to pay for this very foolish mistake.

• St
    Stefanie001 Dec 29, 2010

I was appoched by Rachel a repesinative of the Dead Sea Nail Kit Treatment in University Park Mall in Mishawaka IN she was freindly but hard to understand she was cashing me out so I had my money out ready to pay then she said $49.99 I was like wow nevermind as I was about to put my money away she grabed it and put it in her register and I looked at her and Said I told you I changed my mind and why in the hell did you grab my money from me as I was puting it back in my wallet I wont my money back now!! She smiled at me and pointed at the sighn that said no cash refunds. I told her I dint buy this from you you snached the cash out of my hands as I was putting it back in my wallet I demanded to talk to a manager and he told me no cash refunds and there was nothing he could do about it . SO WHAT YOUR WALLETS GIRLS THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY FROM YOU .

• Ge
    Gelmusic Mar 04, 2011

Hi:
    I have read several complaints about the kiosks in malls that sell these products. I went through this scam in Vegas while going through the PH Mall and got ripped to the tune of $625.00. What a fool I was. They sure are good at talking fast and getting you out. I hardly knew what I had when I left. At any rate, the products are good, and I do find that they work. I wanted to let others know that I found them and the same things plus more that I was scammed for in Vegas on amazon.com. I got the whole bag of same products for under $100.00! I just wanted to help someone who might have liked the products like me, but were scammed at a mall kiosk. Now I find that the products are fine and also actually reasonable at the right place. Hope this helps someone that might have been as stupid as I was, but liked the products. I just can't believe I fell for such a scam. I am also disabled and my caretaker had left me in my chair near there while they went to the restroom. As naive as this all makes me sound, I assure you that I have never been scammed like this in my life. It was all so fast. I wasn't aware that I had been charged over $600 until I returned to my hotel room. I was already just sick from thinking it was the $400 that they told. A really bad experience. I took the time to write this in hope that I may save even 1 person from having a neagtive experience like this.

• Su
    suckedinbybeauty Mar 29, 2011

Yes, folks. Please be very wary of any of those mall kiosks. Before you buy anything, look for the refund-exchange policy. I too fell for the hard sell from a young woman who I approached a week ago while she was outdoors on break. She claimed she was a tourist then. So it shocked me to see she worked there. OK, so the familiarity was there. But I had no idea she was a shark, and a manager shark at that! She presented two $69.99 products for me, and told me today they were on promotion, down from $149.99. She then said she would do me a favor and give me the toner free to go with the face cream. As much as I protested, she was relentless. I gave in thinking I could get my money back as I left the mall. Wrong!!! Other people told me the same thing, the kiosk sellers don't refund anything!!! So please, everyone, look before you leap. Find out the refund-exchange policy before you make any sudden moves. I hope this stuff works because I don't buy cosmetics of any sort for myself.

• Wa
    WashingtonState Jun 05, 2011

I was also scammed in a mall kiosk about a year ago and spent way too much when he threw in more items, but have been trying to use up the products anyway. They really won't let you get away easily without a big purchase. The man said he was just working there that day as a favor - said he had his own specialty skin store in Seattle and was some kind of expert/specialist. When I asked him where in Seattle he couldn't tell me. That should have been my first red flag... When I've gone back to that mall I've seen him there several times and steer clear. I went to use the mineral face "mask" (Instant stretching & revilizing mask) today and it's all oily and is now acting like putting oil on my skin instead of a mask; so that product is certainly defective.

• La
    Lanora West Oct 26, 2020

@WashingtonState I am sorry you were scammed but I must say that Premiere Dead Sea products are fantastic.. I am 69 years old and regularly use the Instant Stretching and Revitalizing Mask with excellent results. It does indeed deliver as promised. Apply a dab of the product with the spatula to each cheek; chin; forehead; and neck. Distribute product evenly (I use a flat foundation brush) avoiding the eye area.
    Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes then rinse off face thoroughly with warm water and follow with a soft damp wash cloth in a gentle upward motion. The wash cloth eliminates the "greasy" feeling. I usually apply this mask before showering and find the mask rinses off completely without the use of a wash cloth. My skin is lifted and my wrinkles are noticeably reduced. I purchase this product on Amazon for $49.90 not including tax and shipping (no shipping cost as a Prime member) Give this mask another try, i'm confident you will be pleased! Lanora W. California

• Sh
    Shsp Sep 28, 2011

The premier dead sea products are a huge scam, even in Europe! My parents and I were approached by them at a kiosk in La Canada mall in Marbella, Spain. The saleswoman seemed nice enough to try on different products and spent nearly an hour with us. We were told that it was a French company that manufactures dead sea products. At the time, the products seemed to have an instantaneous effect. And happy as we were she charged my mom the first batch for 500 euros (two creams and a serum). But when my dad seemed unconvinced, she offered a second batch of products (also two creams and a serum) for 250 euros. She kept on sweet talking us and claiming that she doesn't work on commission.That probably persuaded us to pay the full amount in cash and we were promised a full refund if anything went wrong. However, later in the day my parents started to have serious allergy reactions, including rashes, hot flushes and swelling. To my concern, we looked it up online and learned that the products were actually worth less than the half the amount we paid and that it was manufactured by an Israeli company. The receipt was also not itemized and printed in faded ink. When we went back to the kiosk the next day to ask for a refund, we were told that they don't offer refunds and that we can only exchange the items! When we were referred to a supervisor, he dealt with us in a very rude and aggressive manner. He claimed that he cannot do anything until he would speak to the saleswomen who sold us the products. Nevertheless, we insisted to wait and told him that he was accountable for misrepresenting the products and lies told by his staff. Thankfully, he asked us to come back after two hours and we got our money back. The saleswoman showed up after all and she even tried to sell us more stuff! When I started to retrace the events of that day, I realized that they target tourists and usually older people. They also try to profile their potential customers, ie victims by asking unnecessary personal questions. Unfortunately, there are people out there trained to scam people and they are good at it.

CherrySparkle Sep 28, 2011

Most, if not all, of them ARE here on a tourist visa. That means that they are not allowed to work while they are here, but that is WHY they are here. Every once in a while INS comes around and rounds them up and sends them back home. The problem is that they are in so many small towns it is difficult to get to all of them, and I'm sure that when one group of them gets sent home, more come in to take their places. :/
    You would think that by now whoever is in charge of leasing space at malls would know that these "operations" are largely illegal and would bar them from setting up shop. But maybe they don't care who pays for space as long as they are profiting from it. At the very least, you would think the number of complaints against them would make them get rid of them.

• Di
    ditny Nov 25, 2011

I was in Las Vegas over Labor Day weekend and went to Caesars Palace and was approached by one of these reps at a kiosk. She got me in the chair & put on this lotion on my face and wouldn't 'take it off. I couldn't get away from her. I told her I was not purchasing the product and she became crazy. I started getting louder to get this stuff off of me and she became outraged. Finally after dropping the, "F" bomb a few times as I got louder, I finally was able to break away from her chair. This person was absolutely crazy and very unprofessional. BEWARE OF THE REPRESENTATIVES AT THIS COMPANY!

• Pa
    Pat Tiede Feb 03, 2012

In January 2012, I was approached by a rep from Israel - Inbar - at a kiosk at Montgomery Mall in Maryland. She tried several products on me and said she would pay for some of them if I would buy the whole line for a mere amount of $5, 000. I challenged her but she always had an answer. First, I'd have no room in my bathroom -- she said throw out all your other skin care items. They use tricks like putting product on right side of face. Everyone knows the left side has more wrinkles because of sun damage from driving in the car. They approach well dressed and well groomed females and really get into your face. She was leaving the next day for Paris and she gave me her card and said to call her anytime. I was lucky to get away with spending $125 for facelift in a jar--I have not used it yet. Buyer beware--these people are predatory and very sweet talking. You have to be rude and just walk by. Kiosk owners should be aware of these zealots. She also said a woman plastic surgeon had just bought $2, 000 worth of products, that was why she could give me a $695 jar for $125.

• De
    Debbiesutton Mar 08, 2012

I have no idea about the people at the kiosks but I can assure you the mask is awesome. I refuse to spend money on facial product. I generally think it is a waste. But someone gave me the mask as a gift and very time I remember to use it, I am shocked over and over about how amazing my skin looks. I had no idea if it cost $20 or $200 but was running out so decided to pop on the Internet and order more. Despite the prices, which I am not accustomed to spending, I will for this!!!

• Bo
    Boogsgma May 28, 2012

I hear all of u on this issue, they need to b shut DOWN. Need to protest them outside the malls. I wasn't a victim this time except that the same people sell the gerstyle hair care products flat irons and all. I brought a flat iron two years ago with a 5 year warranty. When i took one back the other day the dude told us we could upgrade our flat iron for 49 bucks and he would throw in the hair serum.. Well needless to sat we weng for it and he thru my original receipt away. Came home n found out online that the upgrade was really a down grade RIP OFF WE Need TO SHUT THESE PEOPLE DOWN and send them bk to where they came from. I'm nut sure but they sound more like Russian's n e way. How dare they represent GOD CHOSEN PEOPLE IN THE MANNER

• Re
    Real Deal #1 Sep 11, 2012

I personally think the dead sea products work great, i have stopped by every kiosk and i used the salt and the body lotion as well as the skin lotion, some people like it and others don't but be honest why would you spent over a hundred dollars on products without thinking. Most people on here are talking about they were scammed how? No one scammed you, you purchased something that you couldn't affort it and tried to return it. They told you like they told me before you purchased it, "its not refunds! I don't sell dead sea products but i do realize how people spend money on impulse and without thinking, so thats a personal problem, don't blame the products or the sellers.

• Me
    medical professional Nov 20, 2012

I do agree that the sales tactics are very questionable...very aggressive and quite smug. They do not take no for an answer. As skeptical as I am (I'm a medical professional) everything he did tell me about the vitamins, minerals and sea salts are actually true information.
    It has been 1 week since I purchased the eye cream and eye serum and my goodness it has decreased fine lines by 50% and created a more firmer appearance to my skin. Incredible, my daughter has also noticed the difference. I have used many professional products for my skin, this one is the best thus far. Yes, very costly, but a safe alternative to some medical treatments that can often fail as well...and cost you 10x more. I am definitely not advertising this business, as I am opposed fundamentally to their aggressive sales approach. I was very irritated in fact, and the company should rethink their sales staff!!!

But ladies, this produce really does work - just be very aware of which products you really need and don't fall for half of the unnecessary products they try to sell you.

• Wi
    willeyradloff Feb 22, 2013

I got caught at the Luxor Casino in Vegas on my way to a Carrot Top show. After her schpeel I was impressed but hesitated at the price. She was a well trained professional... she was ready for my concerns. "These products will last you a year" (if you call 90 days a year...um ok) "That's just pennies a day" she said..."You only have one face" she said (unlike these sales people who have 2!) I still balked at the price and started to walk away so she threw in a couple other products and I bought it just to be rid of her. I spent about $150 for 3 items so I didn't do THAT bad... I don't think. I love the products and love the results (the Eye Serum and Face Serum are THE BOMB!) However, 3 months I mean "one year" later when I needed more I googled them and found I could get the products on Amazon.com for a fraction of the price. I am still using them, but now I purchase them from Amazon.com. A lesson learned.

• Da
    Datakin Jul 05, 2013

I didn't just walk away. I know I am partly to blame. Two nights ago my daughter and I went to the mall and as we walked by the Premier kiosk, we were approached by a salesman that asked to see my hands. He looked and then grabbed both my hands and asked me if I wanted to dance. This guy was relentless. He rubbed the sea salt exfoliant on our hands and then put cream on them. He showed pictures and claimed all ingredients came from the Dead Sea. He said they were all part of the Israeli military and this is part of their "tour". He said that due to the fourth of July holiday he had "points' that he could use in order to give a "free" (149$ value) face peel with the purchase of the salt exfoliant. He also said if I worked at the mall, he could give a great price. (wink, wink) He asked if we wanted to see magic and proceeded to put this wrinkle cream under my eye. I never thought that I had any sort of problems with eye wrinkles. He showed me these tiny grooves under my eye and my daughter watched as he put layer upon layer of this stuff on me. He even admitted that he didn't see a difference. I asked if I could return it and he said, "yes, but you won't want to because you're gonna love it." He stood back and was looking to see if the eye/wrinkle cream worked when he made a comment about a tiny spot on my forehead and how it really bothered him. I finally said, "Just ring it up, this is ridiculous..." I gave him my credit card and he pulls out a handful of receipts to show me his most recent sales. One for almost 600$, 200$, 150$, 424$, etc, etc. "People love this product." He said to close the pores, be sure to use a good moisturizer. We asked if Mary Kay was o.k. and he said "yes, Mary Kay is a great product" but then grabbed one of his and said I will just give you this for 29$ and put it in my bag. This was after he had my card. At first I thought he was giving it for no charge. I realized he was charging me, (it was 30$, not 29$ - not much of a difference, but it was the principal of the thing.) I told him he better be careful by just adding products because one of these days someone is going to get seriously pissed. My total was 98$ for the salt exfoliant, moisturizer and face peel. Before we left, he asked if he could marry my daughter and I told him that maybe he should wait until she turns 18. (She is 15 years old!) He told her how beautiful she was and then told me how his mother calls him twice a day from the middle east to check on him and how he is his mother's favorite because he was the first born... When I walked away I felt terrible. Violated. Really taken advantage of. I told my husband and today he went back to the mall to return it. They told him that we could not get our money back. He pointed to the small print at the bottom of the receipt where it said exchanges only. He pulled a small sign from behind the computer monitor. It said the same thing. This sign was hidden where no customers could see it. My husband was furious. He told us to call his manager, Alejandro and gave us a number with a Minnesota area code. (We are in the Phoenix area) The voice mail said, "You have reached Alejandro, leave a message and maybe... maybe I will call you back." My husband spoke to the main desk at the mall and they told us to fill out a comment card and they'd see what they could do. He just got off the phone with American Express and they are going to dispute the charge. They said it will be removed and they will let us know where to send the products back. Bottom line is this: whether the product is wonderful or whether it is garbage is not the point. Don't push until someone is fed up. Get out of the customer's face. Keep your hand out of my pocket. Don't add more to the total without permission. Stay away from my teenage daughter. No means no. Be honest about your return policy. If I wanted to deal with a used car salesman, I'd go to Used Cars are Us.

• Gu
    Guylaine and Gary May 28, 2014

good evening: My boyfriend bought Premium products at the Calgary airport just because he wanted to give me a nice gift. I was happy to see the intention and I didn't think anything bad about it until he started explaining they told him it contained gold!! then I started to wonder. The worse was when I saw the credit card statement $1 240 something OMG!!! I couldn't believe it. I was sure there was a mistake so I asked him and he confirmed that this was the price he paid...What a bunch of opportunists...they are catching all the guys at the airport in Calgary that are flying home wanting to bring a gift to their sweet one!! Premium is just ripping people off with their scam creams...I have been using/buying beauty products for years, good quality products and I NEVER paid that much, EVER!!! I intend to report them to authorities...

• Ha
    hansza Oct 16, 2014

yep, I just found that I spent 3x's what I would have spent for the product on Amazon...what a scam! He even pulled up a site on his phone which showed what a great deal I was supposedly getting...live and learn!

• Me
    Mendana May 16, 2015

The same kiosk in the mall routine with me too. Nice but very pushy little girl started rubbing stuff on my arm and removing it with a magnet wrapped in a paper towel and then this and that on my face. I always try my best to be polite to people but it was a bad idea that night. Then a guy who calls himself a doctor sold me more saying, "If you want what she sold you to work properly then you need this and that" and so on. The problem I have is that they misrepresented the products and themselves. It's fraud!! Out of fourteen products, one actually said made in Isreal. Also he gave me his business card and when I could get my glasses on at home( the mall was closing and I was being rushed out) it read Or Jacob. Not Dr. Jacob as they both referred to him while I was there. All the products are here unopened and all I want is a refund.I called multiple times and was hung up on. The customer service people at the bank knew exactly who I was talking about and had no problem opening a dispute for me. So, FYI talk to your card bank and maybe they can help. And if anyone starts a class action suit, I would love to know. Major scam artists! BUYER BEWARE!!!

Anna Hamton Jul 02, 2015

According to Wikipedia, the salespeople for Premier have been in trouble in New Zealand for bullying elderly people with dementia into buying $5000 worth of their stuff! It's despicable to prey on the elderly, and I wouldn't buy from a company that uses such tactics.
    I got dragged into a kiosk at my local mall in Sydney, Australia, and was shocked by the aggressive salesmanship. When I was told the price, I said that I like to research products before buying, especially if they cost a substantial amount of money. I said I would research their products on line. They said, you don't need to do that, we are all the research you need. That made me very suspicious. Then they wanted to grab my phone to show me a website on it (probably their own).

• Wa
    waltzinblack1 May 02, 2016

i agreee with all the complaints. first off i want to say that I actually worked for a little while with these scammers, because i needed the money for a surgery. I found them on an ad on craigslist and called them and got hired. I can confirm everything these complaints say is true..first off the two people who hired me a couple. who did not speak english at all. woman was hispanic and the guy was isreali and they would talk in hebrew in front of us employees. I already came prepared for whatever was to come. I already knew these were scammy products but I had to see it to believe it myself. so first off they didnt even train us properly.. two of us did not speak spanish or hebrew..hello this is is america. speak english. the woman was kind of rude to us. especially us that did not speak spanish.. she would only communicate and "train" those who spoke spanish, .. They dont train you for s*it dont teel you what ingredients are in the products she just kept telling us to BS it basicaaly and then of coarse the scamming began with the prices. i didn't have the patience to deal with ruse people in the mall to begin with.. but i cant blame them all for walking away or ignoring me. i myself knowing all this is a fraud. I think most of these people are illegals too. no shock.they all flock from one place to another trying to make as much money as possible then flee to their next target. i quit within two weeks. they tell you they'll pay you in cash and give you a percent of the sells you make which is BS. DIDNT HAPPEN. pay minimum wage having to stand 10-12 hours a day.. f*ck that. i hope these people keep getting exposed for the frauds they are. when you see them just keep walking.