Pointe Pest ControlDo Not sign their Contract

J

I signed up with Pointe Pest control with the promise that they would be servicing my house for 1 year every other month. They came out the first few times and were nice enough. However, today I was home and they had scheduled, without my consent, to come over today.

I received a bill for the full price, even though I know for a fact thtat 50% of my house was not done. When I called to complain that I stood in the driveway yelling for the tech to come back, and they drove off, I was told that one would be sent back. BUT, the manager insisted that they did all they could do. That they had rung the bell, which I doubt and that they had knocked, which again, I doubt. Instead, I paid full price for a 50% job.

I wanted to cancel my service with them and was told that I would have to pay an outrageous termination fee. If I did not pay, I would be sent to collections.

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY!

• Ba
    BadDeals Mar 09, 2012

There contracts are bogus! Obviously you have an investment in the company. They use high pressure tactics to sell the service, and are NOT CLEAR that you can not cancel it without paying an outrageous cancellation fee. Buyers beware, this is no deal!!!

noonewillknow Dec 09, 2009

Dude, the contract CLEARLY states that it's an outdoor service. They call in advance, whether you choose to answer or not. Make them come back out, I'm sure they would, instead of bashing them. And you signed a one year contract. It's a contract, that YOU signed. Can't argue with it if you signed it. ###.