Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Unauthorized Charges Electronic Arts (EA) Unauthorized charges after nonrenewal

Electronic Arts (EA) review: Unauthorized charges after nonrenewal

J
Author of the complaint
6:07 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I subscribed to this company for one year to play games. Knowing it was coming up for renewal, I tried to contact them. I cannot finds a phone number, but I did send an e-mail on their website (I don't have a record, as it did not go through my personal email account) in February to let them know that I did not want to renew. I just found the charge on my credit card for 4/11
This was their reply
Hi,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of our service, we do not offer refunds for the subscription fees for any of our online games. In the event of a cancellation, Electronic Arts will not be able to provide any type of pro-rated refund or extension of unused access time. In order to avoid any charges, customers will need to cancel the billing of their account before the subscription fee has been deducted.

In any case, in order to cancel your account, please do the following:

1) Go to www.pogo.com, Click "Sign In" on the top right of the page.
2) Enter your Screen Name and Password.
3) Click on "My Stuff" option and choose "MY Account" from the drop down menu.
4.) Click on “View Your Subscription Info.”
5) Enter your password and click OK. After this you will be at a page where you will be able to view your subscription status.
6) Click on cancel subscription link next to the game subscription you'd like to cancel.
7) On the next page you will get two options:

1) Cancel immediately.
2) Cancel at the end of the billing plan.

Chose the second option to play the remaining game time and to cancel the automatic renewal of your Club Pogo subscription.

If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Amit
EA Online Support

Customer04/21/2008 03:39 PM
JoJoEdg
12/22/1955
[protected]
I emailed this info in February, stating I did not want to renew my subscription... please credit my account $39.99 and cancel me out...

More Electronic Arts (EA) complaints & reviews

3 comments
S
Sep 24, 2008 3:58 pm EDT

If I can't play, give my money back!

S
Sep 24, 2008 3:56 pm EDT

I too pd. for a yr.'s subscription at $39.00 on 6/11/08. But when I attempt to log-in, it say's password invalid. Has been approx. a wk. since i've been able to play. If I can't play, give my money back! Plus the number and address that is listed is INVALID!

E
Jun 24, 2008 8:07 pm EDT

I was getting club pogo for $5.99 a month with my Visa card .On april 26 2008, I paid for club pogo with my master card.$39.99 for the whole year. you still kept taking the money from my visa card . I got that straighten, out but you put my account under 2 names Bettybabes_ and Bettybabes . When they canseled Bettybabes_ I lost all my Points I had with Bettybabes_.Why! I'm still the same account

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

180 complaints