Pizza Hutmanagement

J Jan 19, 2020 Review updated:

i am a driver at the pizza hut in Miami on 1/17/20 i was given a order outside our delivery area, the manager became rude and insisted i take it, when i refused to take it i was sent home and suspended the next day by the area coach who already had the suspension papers written up BEFORE talking to me. i want to talk to HIS BOSS!. i have worked at pizza hut for 5 years and am making LESS now then when i started, we used to get half of the delivery charge now they ONLY pay mileage. the delivery charge when i started in 2014 was $2.50 it is $4.25 that's a $1.75 raise pizza hut gets on MY LABOR. MY CAR, MY INSURANCE, AND MY EXPENSE FOR ANY CAR REPAIR. i just got my first raise and it was 10 cents an hour after 5 YEARS of service, this is NOT raise, it is an insult!

• Um is not an answer! Jan 19, 2020

listen. I know. but if the company and the store didn't tell the customer that it was out of the store's range then how is the customer to know that you refused the order. that looks unprofessional on your part.

you should have said: I will now since the order is already approved, made and waiting but just so that you know, its out of our range. it happens again I call main office about it because this is costing me gas money.

[you could have also delivered it and said on a side note: I realize no one told you but this is out of our range, I did you a favor [yes, you favors exist even in a 'this is your job' world].

• Ji
    jimmy hammer Jan 20, 2020

@Um is not an answer! the manager should have known that address was out of our area and called the customer to let them know which store to call. fyi i have taken orders out of our areas before including going to a broward store because we were out of boxes and no store near us had them and i was told by that stores manager i was to go back to my store BEFORE I got in trouble. if the manager was'nt so rude and nasty i WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE ORDER as i have done before. also fyi the area coach had my suspension written up BEFORE even talking to me guilty until proven innocent that suspension paper would NOT stand up in a court of law.
    '

• Um is not an answer! Jan 20, 2020

@jimmy hammer DUDE, calm down. im on your side. if someone is MAKING you deliver out of range [I always thought the online ordering services DENIED THAT -- that's what happens where I live with Domino's and now Pizza Hut [the nearest little kiosk kitchen closed]. the app denies your order to be delivered and makes you physically come to get it. so how come your online service is NOT doing that is questionable.

im having trouble understanding your fyi because how can you drive pizzas to customers WITHOUT BOXES. you mean you were at another pizza hut picking up extra boxes that you ran out of and that manager wanted you to deliver pizza to one of THEIR customers? that's weird.

but in any event... the last bit is what happens in many if not most professional places, its rampant in teaching. lies all over the place, even blatant lies meant to hurt someone are blindly believed by admins.

• Ji
    jimmy hammer Jan 20, 2020

@Um is not an answer! my store and all stores in OUR area had NO med. or large boxes, the store in broward said THEY WERE NOT ALLOWED to give us any and sent me on my way, if they had proper management NO store should ever run out. we had sodas from the superbowl week in august! so going out of our area ALWAYS WORKS AGAINST THE DRIVER

• Um is not an answer! Jan 20, 2020

@jimmy hammer why are you yelling at me as if I know what in hell broward is? you really should contact corporate if your management insists on sending you to other PH's for boxes which they are not allowed to give to you. YOU NOT telling corporate about your idiot management looks terrible on your part because you are now complaining about it without doing anything about it.

• Um is not an answer! Jan 20, 2020

well, it is bad management to make him go to another PH for boxes when they are not allowed to give boxes to another branch. but in any event, the whole thing of him not telling corporate of the numerous bs things this management is making him do is questionable to say the least.

normanbates2 Jan 22, 2020

@Um is not an answer! Oh no, your other account names are dropping. Another one got the boot

• Um is not an answer! Jan 22, 2020

@normanbates2 What other account names would those be? I've always used this one since I created it. You're thinking of benchboy.