PC ProtectAntivirus Fraud

I am writing as a transaction recently went through my account WWW.WITABET.COM for £32.25, I was tricked into making this transaction and as soon as I realised this was the case I cancelled my card on the 05/09/09 straight afterward, although I did put my details into a webpage the page looked to be legal, there was a 'pc protect' program that installed itself on my computer and disabled my 2 other antivirus programs, AVG and Super Anti Spyware program and it also got by my ZoneAlarm, it worked by adding itself to my system and installing 5 Trojan Horse virus, it said it had quarantined them and it then gave continuous pop ups.

It linked to a web page that insisted I give my card details to buy the antivirus software, at this point it gave me a registration number but the computer continually restarted itself and the viruses would stay and the internet stopped working, luckily the Super Anti Spyware started in Safe Mode and found that the PC Protect software was spying on files and that is when I realised that it was a set-up to buy the software and I had concerns over my card.

I then cancelled the card within 2 hours to try and stop the transaction the software has dissapeared off my computer so I am just left with a serial number and no record of anything else, my email is [protected]@hotmail.com. I have informed my bank and the fraud department are looking at this.

Please let me know the situation,
Karin Thain

More PC Protect Complaints & Reviews

• Bo
    bobtheman Sep 11, 2009

When is it ever a good idea to put your credit card number into a site you don't know?