PartsTrainrefund for damaged part

Son ordered 5 parts for his car. when shipment arrived, header panel ($123.21) was damaged and unusable. Called cust. serv. immediately. told me to take pix and send via email which i did immediately. was told to wait 45 days for a response they would contact me. 45 days came and went with no response. called back to inquire on status of issue. no record of pictures was asked to retake and resend to different address = which i did. i told them i would call back in 30 min to verify their receipt of emailed pix. called back, couldn't verify receipt asked to email again to different address. i refused. told them they are taking me on a merry go round ride which i refuse to go on. after much haggling with customer service rep he finally found pix and verified they were sent to shipping to review. could not tell me how long until the issue was resolved. put me on to another person (brenda) who found pix, told me i would hear something in 1-8 business days, they would contact me. here i am 10 business days after speaking w/ brenda and NO ONE has contacted me. called brenda, left message with background info and my ph. # to call me back on voicemail she has yet to return my call. I will contact state agencies if I have to, consumer affairs departments, better business bureau etc. until someone from the company responds to my issue and resolves it to my liking a refund to me for the cost of the part plus shipping and handling.

• Gl
    GlenPaul Oct 14, 2009

I should have read this before ordering from Partstrain. After ordering, a week went by with no tracking number. I called and they told me it takes two weeks to send out these kind of parts (distributor). I told them that two weeks is ridiculous and I wanted to cancel my order. They said they'd try, no guarantee, I'd recieve an e-mail. Within ten minutes I received this:

"Within 24 hours of receiving this email you may track the delivery status of your order.

***Please note that we've assigned the tracking number BEFORE giving the package to the carrier. If your tracking information does not appear immediately or you receive an "UNABLE TO TRACK SHIPMENT" message, the carrier may still be processing this information. You may need to check the carrier's site periodically for the updated information."

I was told that a tracking number is given when shipment begins, but I get one while my order is (supposedly) in the warehouse. They told me earlier that more time is required for distributors because they must be assembled.

• Me
    Melissa Jan 29, 2009

Ordered 2 replacement parts, a body and a bumper and was shipped 2 parts that were the incorrect size. Called the company and they assured me that someone would call me back within 24-48 hours, of course no call. Call back and was given the same line of BS!
    It has been 3 weeks since this has happened and I went to my bank today and filed a dispute on my MC. Hopefully everyone with a bad experience does this that way a red flag is raised from these companies. My quest is not ending here, I am bound and determined to put an end to this insanity no matter how much money it costs me. This is a complete ripoff and consumers have rights too.