Paris Las Vegas Hotelwallets stolen from our room

N Jul 01, 2019 Review updated:

This past weekend, we encountered the worst experience at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel.
On June 29, 2019, my husband, brother and I returned to our hotel room on the 18th floor between 1:00am-1:30am from dinner. We immediately fell asleep after returning to our hotel. Around 8:00am on June 20, 2019, we got a knock on our door from housekeeping who informed us that our door was still open, my husband got up to push the door close. Between 9:00am-10:00am, we got a call from the front desk to tell us that someone turned in my husband's wallet into the front desk. 10 minutes after that call, front desk called again to ask if "name" (my brother) was a guest with us in the same room because someone also turned in his wallet. My husband and brother picked up their wallets and of course, all of their cash was gone and their credit cards were shuffled around.
We all talked to the concierge who had the wallets and he reported that housekeeping found the wallets on the 18th floor and turned it into him. The three of us were in shock because now we were thinking someone came into our room while we were sleeping and stole their wallets. My brother remembered specifically still seeing the wallet on the nightstand, between the two beds, before he fell asleep.
We requested to inquire the situation further and concierge directed us to the security office. We filed a report with the security office and then requested to file a police report. I asked the security officer if this was a common issue in the Paris Las Vegas Hotel and he said, for as long as he has been there, this has NEVER happened. We asked about security cameras and he said the hotel does not have security cameras in the hallway due to privacy reasons. The security officer took down their statements and went with us back to our room to take pictures of the door and nightstand where the wallets were placed. Unlike most hotel rooms, the door to our room didn't automatically close and needed an extra push to completely shut. While he was in our room, he requested that someone come fix our door so that it will shut automatically. The security officer called the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department- non-emergency line from our hotel phone and explained out situation. Within 30 minutes, an officer from the police department was in our room and we explained our situation. The officer explained that there are individuals called "door pushers" who go around preying on hotel doors who might have been left open. Our situation was very unfortunate and the officer explained there was really nothing they could do. So bottom line, someone came into our room while we were sleeping and stole the wallets from the nightstand that was between the beds. How scary is that? For someone to come into your room WHILE YOU'RE SLEEPING to steal your belongings?
This traumatic situation made us feel unsafe in our hotel room and luckily, only our wallets were stolen. I recommend that the security in the Paris Las Vegas hotel improve to ensure the safety of the other guests. I've stayed in hotels all over Las Vegas and Paris did not have a security guard checking for guests' hotel keys before going to their rooms and their elevators did not have a key scan before selecting the guests' floor. Due to our experience this past weekend, I will never recommend this hotel to anyone and suggest to book elsewhere.

• Updated by Nancy_T0105 · Jul 01, 2019

I understand we didn’t take the extra precaution to double check that our door was completely locked. How dumb of me to assume that a door that is to automatically close did not in fact, automatically close. Yes, let’s welcome people to rob us because we didn’t.

• Um is not an answer! Jul 01, 2019

You are blaming the hotel because you left your door open/unlocked???

Really??? Fools and money are soon parted.

• Um is not an answer! Jul 01, 2019

They have those slide locks for a reason.

• Na
    Nancy_T0105 Jul 01, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Thanks for the tip! :)

• Um is not an answer! Jul 01, 2019

@Nancy_T0105 But you have stayed in many hotels. You haven't noticed them or know what they do?

• SubSquirrel Jul 01, 2019

I’d write and claim that the theft occurred because of a faulty lock on the door. You’ll need to prove your cash loss somehow. The hotel has insurance for theft. They say it’s never happened before but if it had, they’d not admit it. Bad publicity can really hurt them.

My parents travelled and they had an inside lock with alarm to use on every trip. I borrowed it when traveling with my boyfriend at the time. I felt safer and they are worth the price of about one hundred dollars now.