Opticode ExcavatingStay away from OPTICODE!

Y

Opticode Excavating
184 Sterling road (Rt.196)
Mount Pocono, PA 18344

STAY AWAY!!!

I made a basement into a 1-bedroom apartment. After I finished the renovations, there was a huge rain and everything got flooded. So I found this company in Tobyhanna, PA. This company charged me for waterproofing the house. The deal was great, about a grand less then everyone else. When the job was finished, they left a mess, but that didn't worry me much. They swore up and down to me that the basement will not have the water damage anymore. The owners are twin brothers with last name of Hoffman (Michael and John). I dealt with Michael. His words were "If you get the damage, I will personally come and fix it".

Guess what? After the renovations were done, and more money spent, the house flooded AGAIN. After I called Michael, he said that it is not his doing, must be something else and tried to sell me other stuff, wanting to charge me more. When I went to speak with him, he basically cursed me out and threw me out of his office and told me to sue him if I wanted to. I tried.

Unfortunately, he could not be summoned by the court clerk because he was avoiding him as a plague. After the incident, I started hearing stories about these guys. Apparently, they are well known for that stuff in the area. They charge you less but screw you over at the end.

If you live in the Poconos and looking for a contractor, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THEM or you will end up with my headache. They advertise all over the place, but don't buy into their promises. If you need more details on what happened with me, please feel free to email me. I found a great contractor who does honest work and doesn't charge a lot.

I HOPE THIS HELPS PEOPLE AND THEY STAY AWAY FROM OPTICODE.