OO.com & BordersRewardsPerks.comBorders Rewards Perks Program

J

Borders Rewards Perks.com partnered with OO.com (nextjump.com is the parent company of OO.com). Upon Borders filing for bankruptcy earlier in the summer, I received an email that my BordersRewardsPerks.com was migrating to OO.com. I would not lose any points that I had earned and that the transition would be seamless. I used the OO.com to make purchases and earn points... and I had accumulated more points. ALL WENT WELL UNTIL this past weekend, when I tried to sign into my OO.com account and I couldn't. I couldn't even get the website to email me my password. So I googled OO.com and found out the Borders Rewards Perk.com and OO.com are involved in some type of lawsuit. OO.com had to disable all the accounts that had migrated over from Borders Rewards Perks.com.

I emailed OO.com and the response I received was to call Borders. Which I did. The person I spoke with at Borders couldn't tell me anything. MY #1 question is, what will happen to ALL the points that I earned on BordersRewardsPerks.com and/or OO.com? Are well all screwed? I'm sure I'm not the only person who has made purchases knowing that we would earn points on those purchases and that the points earned could be used toward future purchases. I sure hope that when a Judge hears this case, that he awards all of us who have earned points, that we actually get them in the form of cash.

• Do
    Domina500 Dec 21, 2011

I purchased restaurant certificates from three different restaurants. When I went to use one the manager told me they are no longer valid and they weren't valid when I purchased them! I've contacted the corporate office at OO.com to see if I can get my money back, but it doestn't look good. I'm reporting them to the BB.

• Zh
    zhengbinx Nov 04, 2011

I am in the same boat but does anyone know a solution? is it possible to get our money back?

• Ji
    jilbil Oct 11, 2011

I also have the same problem with unused oo purchases that I cannot access or use. I've emailed both companies and have been unsuccessful in getting any answers. I had a $25 charge for a $50 Sephora purchase and the transaction is now nonexistent.

• Te
    TexMike79 Oct 07, 2011

I too had ~$250 in built up rewards along with 10 or so anytime offers. The number on OO.com's site: [protected] will take you to NextJump who no longer "owns" BordersRewardsPerks or OO because of a dispute. They will give you: [protected] which does go to Borders support but when you ask them about BRP or OO, they give you [protected]. See the vicious circle? Nobody knows what is going on!!! I have talked to a supervisor at the Borders number on a few occasions and they have all told me that they are working to resolve the problems between BRP and OO, but if they are the same company, what is there to resolve??? About the only thing that can be done at this point (it seems) is to wait it out and hope for the best, but since Borders is done for, I feel that it is unlikely that there will be a resolution to this and that my money is gone. -Michael

• Al
    alvl Oct 03, 2011

I've emailed them and am waiting for a response. To make it worse, I had several 'anytime OOs' purchased that didn't expire until December, so I've paid for them but can't use them. (Like I was charged $25 for a $25 off $50 at Target, which would get refunded when I made the purchase through the link, which is now non-existent.)