Old El Paso Dinner KitBroken Hard Shell Taco Shells

J Review updated:

I live 25 miles from our local wal-mart. This is the 2nd time I have gotten home with the El Paso Dinner Kit and the only 6 taco shells in the box was broken..I do not live close enough to town to run back to wal-mart.. Can you please check the packaging before shipping. Thanks..

• Po
    pobarjenkins Oct 26, 2010

It might not be their fault. Imagine this...

A person is shopping at Wal-Mart. They accidentally knock over a box of the shells, and it falls down to the floor and the shells smash inside. The person puts the box back on the shelf. You buy the shells.

It happens.

• Kr
    Kristina18 Nov 14, 2010

This is also my second time purchasing the El Paso Hard Taco Kit from No Frills and the shells have been broken. Yesterday was the worst I have ever seen, every single shell was broken

• Kr
    Kristina18 Nov 14, 2010

Please see picture attached

Comments

• Po
    pobarjenkins Nov 14, 2010

@Kristina: Return it to the store you bought it from.

• Dc
    D.Castillo Apr 04, 2012

broken shells, , slate shells, , sucky experience. does Old elpaso have thier own complaint dept? I want justice! baught from Walmat in Clanton, Alabama

D.Castillo

• We
    westsidecarrie Aug 19, 2016

Just got home to make tacos. Bought a 12 pack of Old El Paso hard taco shells. Half of them are broken in the plastic wrap. Clearly they need better packaging bc this obviously appears to be a problem with this brand. I will have to look for a different brand next time.
    would also like a coupon for a replacement.

• Je
    jettjoy Jun 04, 2017

I bought the "bold" taco shells at Walmart for dinner last night. When opening, there were actually three of the 10 shells that were in one piece (but one of the three had a large hole in it). All the rest were in PIECES! No time to run back to store to replace - it was our dinner! We have many times gotten them where one, two or three were broken - but this was absolutely the worst!

• Tk
    TK421 Mar 07, 2018

Just bought Old Elpaso Tostada shells and EVERY SINGLE ONE was smashed! Better packaging please!

Joann Warford Jan 09, 2019

I live 25 miles from the Walmart where I bought the Taco kit. Out of 12 shells, 10 of them were smashed to pieces. To late to take them back because it was what we were having for dinner. Every time I buy this kit, there is a least 2 broken shells. I think its time to switch to Ortega taco kits because the shells are packaged better.

• Ki
    Kimbobeach Sep 22, 2019

Bought a enchilada kit from morrisons in Middlesborough in England when I opened the tortillas they were black with fur growing on them and they also smelled bad so looked at the date which said February 2020 had to get my daughter and her partner go get me some tortillas

• Br
    Brooke Hatfield Oct 23, 2020

I bought oldelpaso soft taco kit and the tortillas were moldy use by date 14 march 2021 from woolworths yeppoon QLD australia 4703

Comments