Office Depotmanager named hope - unprofessional service

Today 10/2/2019, I went to the copy/fax service area and the Manager Hope was observed speaking to another employee. I stood at the service desk, 3 feet from this manager, waiting for assistance; however, she continued speaking with the other employee, never addressing my presence as a customer. The other employee did interrupt her after awhile, & said she'd be with me shortly. The Manager; however, continued on and on, training or coaching her on something. When yet another customer had to interrupt this Manager named Hope, and said she as well needed assistance, the Manager, appeared frustrated and said ok, ok, and then attempted to contact another employee via her work walkie talkie type advice, to assist that customer.
During that split second, the other employee quickly tried to assist me, as I was the only one at that time still standing in front of the copy/fax section seeking assistance. That employee was very pleasant and provided me with the help needed in faxing. However, the Manager Hope, once off her walkie-talkie, immediately went right back to the employee assisting me, not addressing me at all, and began training/ coaching her while the employee was attempting to assist me.
While I do understand multi-tasking and that businesses should be running as efficiently as possible, I do not think it is professional to dismiss clients or customers in order to achieve that process. The store was not "busy" and the type of teaching/ coaching that I observed taking place was not critical in nature. It is something that could have easily been addressed AFTER the customer was attended to and at the very least addressed as present.
If this Manager named Hope is going to represent the leadership at Office Depot OfficeMax and actually training/ coaching other employees, it is CRUCIAL that she learns the etiquette of professionalism with customers, how and when to train, and at the very least welcoming customers through a greeting.

If any further questions are needed, feel free to contact me.

Cristina G.
[protected]

• Office Depot Customer Care's Response, Oct 05, 2019

Dear Christina,

My name is Paula Giraldo and I am part of Executive Customer Relations. First and foremost, thank you so much for taking the time to bring this to our attention! At Office Depot we take great pride in the level of service that we provide and any time we fail to meet that level is cause for great concern. Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor customer service experience you had at one of our locations.

Please rest assure your concern will be handled within a timely manner and to your satisfaction. In order to do so, please be so kind to send me an e-mail (to the e-mail address below) with the store's location?

I hope to hear from you soon!

Paula Giraldo