Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Business Services Office Depot have you ever heard of credit card?

Office Depot review: have you ever heard of credit card?

F
Author of the complaint
2:50 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

First off, I'm not blaming this particular store location, but I am saying that their service is ###ed. So we begin.

COMPLAINT #1
I make a purchase online and have it as pick-up in store to save on shipping costs.
In my confirmation e-mail, it states this:
"This confirms the order you placed for pick-up at your local Office Depot Store. You will receive a separate email notification when the order is ready for pickup."

I never received that separate e-mail, which is supposed to confirm that my order is ready to be picked up. I end up calling them and they finally tell me it is ready to pick up. Why must I, the customer, go out of my way to check if my order is ready to pick up? Are you not selling me your product and services?

COMPLAINT #2
When checking out online, I wanted to pay with credit card at the store itself. However, I am only allowed an option of cash and check (who still uses check?). I choose cash, thinking that they'll also allow credit card since it's no big deal.

When I get there, I am told that I HAVE TO pay with cash. Because I chose cash as the method of payment, I have to use cash to pay. That I completely understand. However, I wasn't allowed to choose "credit card" as a method of payment online. Why is that? At the register, I see a credit card machine right in front me and yet you tell me I can't use credit card as a method of payment? Ridiculous. They tell me the only way to get my product at that price is if I come again with cash. I mean I don't mind paying with cash, but I didn't have enough cash on me at the moment. There was nothing I could do unless there was an ATM of my bank outside of OD.

CONCLUSION
I just wasted my time and effort. Right now, I'm contemplating whether or not I should even go back and get the item. And even if I don't get my item, I bet they're not even gonna call me and ask if I'm still coming to get the item. I mean, they didn't even tell me that the item was ready to pick up.

Update by felguard
Apr 01, 2011 10:17 am EDT

YOU "assumed" that the second email went to my spam folder and that I didn't check. Well, I did check and it didn't get sent to my spam folder.

Well then if that's my responsibility, then I guess it's time for me to move on to another business that has better service.

"CONCLUSION: How often do you waste your time and efforts on frivolous gripes." - Couldn't I say the same about you? Actually, yours is worse because at least I have something to be angry about (wasting me time going there to pick up the item).

More Office Depot complaints & reviews

Office Depot - this is regarding our return policy (i'm an od employee)
Office Depot - ink cartridge recycle scam
Office Depot - worst service ever: no assurance at officemax's max assurance
Office Depot - Item #9476773
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Office Depot - office depot services
Office Depot - charged for order that we didn’t ask for
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
11 comments
B
Jun 08, 2010 6:17 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

For my daughters 17th Bday I bought a Desk from office depot, paid for it being put together and delivered.
I received the desk today (June 08 2010), The desk arrived in a box, not put together!

Thanks Office Depot, You lack professionalism and you do not have my trust!
You have lost a customer!

-Bill of Clovis, Ca.

Jan 13, 2010 7:17 pm EST

Office Depot sold me two HP printers within the last 4 months and won't give me a replacement or any help with dealing with HP.
HP is impossible to deal with and I feel that Office Depot should take better care of its customers and help with warranty problems.

D
Jul 14, 2009 4:19 pm EDT

It was raining very hard as I entered the store. I let my umbrella down and was proceeding to get a shopping cart. I was approached by a man who proceeded to to point to my left and say you are getting the floor wet, hurry and put it in the basket. I was shocked and said it is raining outside. I felt that he was very rude to me so what if the floor gets wet! MOP IT UP! Manager was Jairman(sp) at Store #45. I spent $90 also.

M
Aug 02, 2012 6:30 am EDT

I purchased on line a printer cartridge from office depot. the cartridge has never arrived (30+ days). I have made several requests for a credit, but the credit never gets posted to my credit card. I will never purchase from office depot again.

S

This is wrong. There is always an option to pay using a credit card. I think you're just too stupid to know how to navigate their website. Or maybe you don't know how to order at all. I pity you on that.

J
Feb 21, 2012 5:34 pm EST

Office Depot contracts all work to a third party assembly company - they should have showed up the next day and assembled it... not the most convienent but it is more efficient, ive found that the furniture normally arrives and is assembled faster than home furniture i get at robb and stucky or another furniture store

Apr 15, 2011 5:32 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On Feb 27th I went to your store in Hono to look for a laptop computer. I was directed to a Lenvoue. Not being able to check on this online I bought one for a friend who used this to keep in touch with his family. He has been undergoing cancer treatment and this was his only way.
On April the 9th the computer failed. He took it back on their advice only to have them say they can't fix it and to send it back to the company. My quest is, not to push a bad product. I don't know why they didn't offer a new computer. It is like you purchased it now it's your problem. This store is Hono, Hi.

O
Apr 10, 2011 9:28 pm EDT

the OD system Gmillenia doesn't have a cash/check option. it has a pay at register option.

there is an option to pay by credit card directly, and not through the cashier.

don't assume anything.

P
Mar 31, 2011 6:37 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

If credit card wasn't an option then you shouldn't have picked anything, and contacted customer service.

D
Jan 22, 2010 11:36 pm EST

I work for Office Depot. Our return policy for technology is 14 days. We offer a PPP which if purchased, you can get a gift card back in the amount you paid for the printer. Office Depot is not responsible for other companies warranties (in your case HP). And FYI, I get paid minimum wage and I hate my job, so don't think I'm a manager or other big wig, because I'm as low as you can get in the company.

J
Jul 14, 2009 10:09 pm EDT

Have you ever been asked to take you shoes off at someones home?

Were you offended? I suspect not! Think long and hard.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

299 complaints