Office Depot — have you ever heard of credit card?
First off, I'm not blaming this particular store location, but I am saying that their service is ###ed. So we begin.
I make a purchase online and have it as pick-up in store to save on shipping costs.
In my confirmation e-mail, it states this:
"This confirms the order you placed for pick-up at your local Office Depot Store. You will receive a separate email notification when the order is ready for pickup."
I never received that separate e-mail, which is supposed to confirm that my order is ready to be picked up. I end up calling them and they finally tell me it is ready to pick up. Why must I, the customer, go out of my way to check if my order is ready to pick up? Are you not selling me your product and services?
When checking out online, I wanted to pay with credit card at the store itself. However, I am only allowed an option of cash and check (who still uses check?). I choose cash, thinking that they'll also allow credit card since it's no big deal.
When I get there, I am told that I HAVE TO pay with cash. Because I chose cash as the method of payment, I have to use cash to pay. That I completely understand. However, I wasn't allowed to choose "credit card" as a method of payment online. Why is that? At the register, I see a credit card machine right in front me and yet you tell me I can't use credit card as a method of payment? Ridiculous. They tell me the only way to get my product at that price is if I come again with cash. I mean I don't mind paying with cash, but I didn't have enough cash on me at the moment. There was nothing I could do unless there was an ATM of my bank outside of OD.
I just wasted my time and effort. Right now, I'm contemplating whether or not I should even go back and get the item. And even if I don't get my item, I bet they're not even gonna call me and ask if I'm still coming to get the item. I mean, they didn't even tell me that the item was ready to pick up.
More Office Depot Complaints & Reviews
- Office Depot - this is regarding our return policy (i'm an od employee)
- Office Depot - scam tech services
- Office Depot Recycle Scam - ink cartridge recycle scam
- Office Depot/ Protection Plan - failure to honor the plan on a timely basis
- Office Max - Max Assurance Service Contract - worst service ever: no assurance at officemax's max assurance
- Office Depot - warranty service is awful
- Office Depot Store in Huntington Beach - CA - office depot services
- Office Depot - charged for order that we didn’t ask for
- Office Depot - laptop and service
- Office Depot - the worst experience with retail ever!