Menu
NRG Clean Power Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

NRG Clean Power
reviews & complaints

www.nrgcleanpower.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.1 18 Reviews

NRG Clean Power Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
11 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with NRG Clean Power at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for NRG Clean Power has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of NRG Clean Power. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

NRG Clean Power reviews & complaints 18

Filter reviews by rating
5 reviews
2 reviews
Sort by:

Newest NRG Clean Power reviews & complaints

NRG Clean Power I really recommend this solar company

I really recommend this solar company. They got the process down. I was well-informed about the whole process, especially about the expenses. They answered all my questions quickly - just a great team!

B

NRG Clean Power We always wanted to have a renewable free source of energy

We always wanted to have a renewable free source of energy. That's why when they presented their proposal, we were thrilled because we can finally experience what we wanted for a long time. And these people do not disappoint, they always ask us first before doing something major. They made the installation a walk in the park. Thank you, I appreciate the effort and the good affordable service.

NRG Clean Power NRG Clean Power, Inc

NRG Clean Power, Inc. is absolutely terrible. The sales team is alright, but the installation crew couldn't possibly be any worse. They spend their entire time on the phone, literally 100% of the time, chatting about how to find and pick up girls. They damaged my personal belongings and left the work area in a complete mess with trash scattered everywhere. To make matters worse, they broke both sides of my wall, leaving open nails and missing screws. They even installed parts in the wrong direction. When I asked them to fix these issues, they brushed me off, claiming to be too busy on the phone. I strongly advise everyone to stay away from them at all costs. You'll only end up wasting more time and money trying to fix the problems they caused.

Hide full review

Is NRG Clean Power legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals NRG Clean Power as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, NRG Clean Power stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering NRG Clean Power should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

NRG Clean Power earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: NRG Clean Power achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for NRG Clean Power. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

NRG Clean Power has received 5 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

A long registered date for nrgcleanpower.com can be seen as a positive aspect for NRG Clean Power as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of NRG Clean Power's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Nrgcleanpower.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows NRG Clean Power website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Nrgcleanpower.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While NRG Clean Power has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 11 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Nrgcleanpower.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The nrgcleanpower.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • NRG Clean Power protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.

NRG Clean Power We got 5 quotes on here

We got 5 quotes on here... many of them were good but NRG clean power seemed to be the most honest with their pricing and the stuff they used. Many of the other companies weren't clear about the panels they were using and the little things like wireless monitoring. NRG gave us everything without having to pick and choose. We didn't know all the stuff we needed until we did our research and I found that with NRG everything was included which we liked. The installation was fast and now we're just waiting for the utility to turn us on but it seems like it'll happen soon.

V
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NRG Clean Power We picked NRG Clean Power in Fall 2019 after a careful selection process

We picked NRG Clean Power in Fall 2019 after a careful selection process. NRG prices were good, they use good parts with good warranties, and most importantly, they were Diamond Certified for good service. Eight months later when the system stopped making power, we got frustrated by a two week delay in scheduling repairs. When I told upper management about my concerns, they explained the reason (not enough staff due to COVID), fixed our system in a few days, and promised to hire more maintenance staff. We saw for ourselves how dedicated NRG Clean Power is to giving the service their customers want.

Y
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NRG Clean Power We used NRG this year to install 24 solar panels on our home in Whittier

We used NRG this year to install 24 solar panels on our home in Whittier. We met with over 10 companies over the years and finally decided to go for it when we had A proposal from *** who was helpful in our decision making process. There was never any pressure and he was always there to answer our questions over almost 2 months of us thinking about it.

From the day we signed, it took about 3 weeks for the panels to be up on our roof. The installation guys were professional and polite and most importantly respected the property. At that point, we still couldn't turn on the system because we needed permission from the power company but that came 2 weeks later.

This was overall a great experience with a company and I would highly recommend them. Thank you guys.

NRG Clean Power I found out about NRG Clean Power, Inc

I found out about NRG Clean Power, Inc. through Energy Sage when I was searching for solar options for our condo complex as the HOA VP. I had a conversation with Herald, who tried to force a standard solar proposal on me, instead of the virtual net metering setup that I know we need and that our city and utility provider supports. He not only refused to answer my questions, but he also insisted that I provide actual utility bills, rather than just energy consumption figures, so that he could demonstrate our potential savings. When I informed him that I could calculate that myself and only needed cost estimates, he insulted me and claimed that I couldn't handle basic accounting. I was shocked by his unprofessional behavior during our call, especially considering that I was a promising customer with a significant solar project. I strongly recommend avoiding their terrible sales service.

K

NRG Clean Power I've been working with NRG Clean Power, Inc

I've been working with NRG Clean Power, Inc. since Aug 2020. The project was supposed to be completed by 10/14/2022, as requested by the installer. I've been trying to reach out to NRG since late July 2022, but I haven't received any updates despite sending them emails and making calls. It would be great if NRG could resolve the issue promptly.

NRG Clean Power I got this solar system from NRG Clean Power, Inc

I got this solar system from NRG Clean Power, Inc. It's not even two years old, but it stopped working completely. I've called them like 15 times, almost every day for a month. My friend tried to reset it, but nothing happened. It's still not working, and they haven't called me to schedule a fix. They say there's no supervisor available! This is not acceptable. How can they have an A+ rating? It's a joke!

B

NRG Clean Power So, I signed a contract with NRG Clean Power, Inc

So, I signed a contract with NRG Clean Power, Inc. and forked over $*** to kickstart the solar installation. We had agreed on a plan and everything seemed hunky-dory. But then, they hit me with the bombshell that they can't actually complete the installation as planned. So, they backed out of the contract, leaving me high and dry. And to top it off, they're not giving me back the $*** I paid! Can you believe it? I even have an email from 4/7/2022 where they promised to refund the money. But since then, I've sent them three emails asking for the refund, and guess what? No response! I'm at my wit's end here. I don't know what else to do to get my hard-earned cash back. Can someone please lend a hand?

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NRG Clean Power Me and my wife been tryin' to get in touch with someone at NRG Clean Power, Inc

Me and my wife been tryin' to get in touch with someone at NRG Clean Power, Inc. to get our solar panels put back on our roof. They ain't been gettin' back to us. Ain't nobody called us back. Meanwhile, we keep payin' for them panels but we ain't got 'em. My wife been reachin' out to folks on social media, and I been callin' and leavin' voicemails, but they ain't responded to let us know when they gonna come and install them panels. Our contractor and electrician need 'em hooked up, but we need NRG to tell us when they comin' out to do it.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NRG Clean Power They didn't replace the broken tiles on my roof, and the paint they used didn't match at all

They didn't replace the broken tiles on my roof, and the paint they used didn't match at all. To make matters worse, they left nails in my pool, which caused rust spots. They didn't even use the right paint during the installation, and now nothing matches. I told them about a piece of metal that fell into the pool before they left, but I didn't think it was a big deal. However, two weeks later, I discovered nails in my pool that have now left rust stains. I reached out to NRG, and they said they're trying to find companies to fix the issues. Unfortunately, no one has called me back yet. My pool is a year old and has pebble tec salt water. I really need help in holding this company accountable for their actions.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NRG Clean Power I hired this contractor to install a solar system with 18 panels

I hired this contractor to install a solar system with 18 panels. The contract was signed on 10/01. They started work on 12/08 and final approval from city received on 01/17/2022. Soon after inspection and upon receiving the Permission to operate, I informed the contractor via email that only 17 panels are operational and one panel ain't working right. The contractor sent a technician on 02/04/2022 for inspection and later opened a case with *** to replace the faulty micro inverter. On 02/27/2022, I got a replacement micro inverter from *** and reached out to NRG to schedule the installation. Since then, I've made lots of phone calls and sent many emails asking to schedule the repair but no fix yet. It's been over 6 months since first reporting the issue and the contractor still hasn't replaced the faulty equipment.

K
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NRG Clean Power We got the permit from the city to put up solar panels and a battery on 5/25

We got the permit from the city to put up solar panels and a battery on 5/25. The contract said the panels would be installed within two weeks of getting the permit, but they said I had to wait for the battery to be in stock. I said okay. Then on 7/14, they said the battery wouldn't be available until October. So I asked them to just install the panels by themselves. By that time, I had already paid for the panels and half of the battery. They said it was fine to install them and they would schedule a date. But they haven't answered my emails or voicemails for two weeks now. NRG has had my $34k payment for two months and they haven't done any work. They haven't called or emailed me back. I want them to finish the work I paid for as soon as possible and I would like a discount on the rest of the bill.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NRG Clean Power I signed a solar panel installation contract with NRG on 06/22/2022

I signed a solar panel installation contract with NRG on 06/22/2022. They put the panels on the roof, but the installation has some issues with poor workmanship and not following basic solar panel installation procedures. Here are some specific problems I noticed:

1. Many of the panel mount lug bolts aren't secured properly to the roof rafters. The nuts have caused the roof rafters to splinter in many cases. This is a big problem because the panels aren't secured according to code. I've attached some pictures to show you.

2. The conduits and conduit roof penetrations aren't secured with proper flashing, which could lead to leaks. I've attached some pictures to show you.

3. The top half of the conduit on the side of the house isn't secured with clips.

4. The cables for the solar panels and inverters aren't secured with proper cable clips. They used zip ties that aren't meant for UV exposure, so they'll deteriorate quickly and the cables could touch the hot roof.

5. The clip that closes one of the consumption transformers is broken.

The company is really slow to respond to emails and it's really hard to get ahold of them by phone.

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NRG Clean Power We bought the system from NRG cuz we wanted a strong battery backup system, ya know, for medical reasons

We bought the system from NRG cuz we wanted a strong battery backup system, ya know, for medical reasons. They told us their LG batteries were top-notch and would last a long time, so we paid extra for 2 battery packs. But guess what? Both of 'em failed a while back and we've been waitin' for parts 'cause they're recalled. It's not NRG's fault, I get it, but dang, they're so unresponsive when we ask 'em when the replacements are comin'. I asked 'em to swap out the LG batteries with somethin' that actually works, but they won't do it. And they still can't give us a date for the replacements. I gotta say, it feels like they sold me somethin' that's useless and they ain't fixin' it in a reasonable amount of time. I gotta get all assertive just to get a response from 'em. I ain't the type to complain, but their service is just plain awful, and so is their communication. The salesperson who sold us the system never delivered on their promises and now they're hardly available to address our concerns.

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NRG Clean Power We signed a contract for solar panels with NRG Clean Power in February

We signed a contract for solar panels with NRG Clean Power in February. After months of delays and ignoring phone calls and emails, we finally got an installation date scheduled for August. They promised the installation would take 2-3 days. That was on August 4th. It is now August 17th. The install team shows up randomly and leaves without notice. We never know when they are coming back. Our yard is a mess with their plastic wrappers flying off the roof and clogging our gutters. The panels are installed, but they ran a metal pipe across our roof, drilling into the shingles, even though we specifically asked them not to. The team said they would fix it last week on Wednesday, but they never showed up. They showed up on Monday thinking they had the materials to fix it, but nothing was here. They installed one box, left trash everywhere again, and then left. NRG Clean Power won't respond to my emails or phone calls. The project manager, ***, never calls or updates me. When I do get him on the phone, he has no idea what's going on. The last delay was because they didn't have a part required by CPS Energy here in San Antonio, which *** admitted they failed to order with the panels six months ago. Now I'm stuck with a barely half-complete solar project and over $40,000 invested into something that doesn't work. I asked their customer service rep DeAnna for help, and she said to give her 1-2 days. I reached out to her today (3 days later), but she ignored my calls before passing my email to a manager (supposedly). I still haven't heard anything back from NRG Clean Power.

O
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NRG Clean Power My solar system hasn't been producing energy for more than a month now

My solar system hasn't been producing energy for more than a month now. I found out about it through our monitoring system from ***. The exact date when my system stopped producing was December 14th. I contacted NRG about the issue almost 2 weeks later through the chat function on their website because it was a weekend and holiday (the 25th) and nobody was available. They said they would open a case for me and I would be contacted within 72 hours. A week later, with no response, I called on the 5th of the new year and tried multiple times to solve the issue. We even attempted a "soft reset" of our system, but it didn't work. They said they would order a "cell kit" and send a technician to fix it, and I would have someone assigned within a maximum of 2 weeks. This was on January 12th, almost a month after my system went down. I got disconnected from NRG's phone system multiple times because of an issue with their phone infrastructure, or so they said. Although, I suspect that I was intentionally disconnected on some occasions because I heard the staff laughing as I tried to explain my situation before being disconnected. They told me that only one person was handling technical support and there were multiple issues with other clients' systems, so things were taking longer than usual. I called again on the 27th and spoke to ***, who supposedly handles technical support alone. She told me she had an emergency and would call me back in 10 minutes. It's been over an hour, and I still can't reach anyone, and now it's been almost 2 months since my system went down. I received the cell kit a while ago, but there's still no technician scheduled, and they informed me that if that wasn't the issue, it could take even longer to fix. This is completely unacceptable performance from a large and reputable service provider.

NRG Clean Power Customer Reviews Overview

NRG Clean Power is a reputable solar energy company that has garnered positive reviews from satisfied customers. With a strong focus on customer satisfaction, NRG Clean Power has established itself as a trusted provider of clean energy solutions.

Customers have praised NRG Clean Power for their professionalism and expertise in the solar industry. Their team of knowledgeable and experienced professionals ensures that every installation is completed to the highest standards. Many customers have expressed their satisfaction with the quality of workmanship and attention to detail provided by NRG Clean Power.

Another positive aspect highlighted in reviews is the company's commitment to using top-of-the-line solar products. NRG Clean Power partners with leading manufacturers to offer customers the most efficient and durable solar panels available. This dedication to quality ensures that customers receive a reliable and long-lasting solar energy system.

Furthermore, NRG Clean Power's excellent customer service has been commended by many reviewers. Customers appreciate the company's responsiveness and willingness to address any concerns or questions promptly. The company's friendly and helpful staff has been praised for their professionalism and ability to guide customers through the entire solar installation process.

In addition to their exceptional service, NRG Clean Power offers competitive pricing options. Customers have noted that the company provides transparent and fair pricing, making solar energy more accessible to a wider range of homeowners.

Overall, NRG Clean Power has received overwhelmingly positive reviews for their expertise, professionalism, quality products, excellent customer service, and competitive pricing. With their commitment to customer satisfaction and clean energy solutions, NRG Clean Power is a trusted choice for those seeking to switch to solar power.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

NRG Clean Power contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with NRG Clean Power?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with NRG Clean Power Customer Service. Initial NRG Clean Power complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for NRG Clean Power above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about NRG Clean Power. Discuss the issues you have had with NRG Clean Power and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.