Norwalk FurnitureDamaged products

B Review updated:

I have recently purchased $20, 000 worth of furniture from Norwalk Furniture and it was delivered to my home in substandard condition and damaged. At the time of delivery I was not home to inspect the furniture and I told Norwalk delivery that I would inspect the furniture with my sales rep the following day. Upon inspection, we (my sales rep and me) found that every piece was poorly constructed and/or damaged. My sales rep acknowledged the issues but said it was no longer her issue and that it was up to the corporate office as to whether they will return the furniture.

The corporate office claims that their substandard craftsmanship falls under product warranty even though I have rejected the delivery. This business practice has made their poor quality product my problem.

My concern is that Norwalk Furniture claims that they manufacture quality furniture. The furniture that was delivered was of poor craftsmanship and the legs on most of the pieces are falling off. I no longer have any confidence in the company and I feel that other consumers need to be made aware of Norwalk Furniture's deceptive policies and practices before others are mislead.

My expectation from a supposedly quality furniture manufacture is that my furniture would be delivered in perfect condition; not every piece broken, damaged and needing to be completed reupholstered and repaired.

The issue in a nutshell: Norwalk Furniture sells you on their quality furniture but manufactures a substandard and damaged product. Because of their business practices, their failure to meet their own quality standards then becomes a major problem for the consumer.

• Ce
    cervux Jul 02, 2011

I totally agree with the previous comment, the same situation happened to us and the owner of Norwalk would not stand behind his product, advised the customer to follow up with manufacturer, he obviously puts his profit margin before customer loyality.

• Un
    UnhappyCustomer_01 Aug 21, 2013

I too have run into problems with Norwalk Furniture. We bought our custom made sofa expecting far better. The cushions were too soft and began hurting my back and my wife's hip, so we asked if they could replace the foam with firmer foam. They could, but wanted more money to do so. Why should I have to pay more money just to have the custom piece of furniture not cause me and my wife pain! This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced and will be sure to warn everyone I know not to buy from Norwalk, we certainly won't ever again!!

• Je
    Jeanine_B Aug 31, 2013

As an owner of a Norwalk Store, the I disagree with the prior 2 statements. I have sold Norwalk Furniture since 1996 and have only had 2 factory issues. The welting on one sofa started unraveling, I followed the procedures & called customer service, sent a few pictures & not only did they respond immediately but they suggested replacing the entire sofa because they were concerned the fabric on the welt may not match the cushion fabric any longer. It was determined that the fabric was defective from the manufacturer. The second complaint above is interesting, it was the customers choice to buy the cushion they bought as there are many different seating preferences to choose from, that said, it was not a manufacturer issue it was a customers seating preference. If I was the store owner, I probably would have offered to switch the cushion core and hope that the customer service I offered would create customer loyalty. Sometimes, the old saying "you can gather more bees with honey" is good and I say that it is all in the approach. I can't honestly believe that Norwalk has ever delivered 20, 000 worth of furniture that was all defective, I would be suspect that the first comment was written by a competitor of another brand or store. All manufactures, if honest would agree that once in while a defective piece may slip through, but if the Norwalk had that many pieces out there with issues, they would no longer be in business. I will continue to carry Norwalk as my core upholstery line until I am to old to work because I love this business and the satisfied customers/ friends I make.
    Jeanine
    Norwalk Store Owner Since 1996

• Sy
    sylviajoe Oct 26, 2018

Norwalk furniture...sub par quality...NO customer appreciation or help...I will never purchase another product from this company!!!