New York City Housing Authority — no heat
For the past several years (Approx. 5 yrs) , I have had no heat or hot water in my apartment. I have made many complaints to my management office (To no avail). I have also written several letters to my neighborhood politicians. This past february, my hot water and heat were in perfect working order after many complaints. Now the winter has set in again, and I am now going through the same problems, less the hot water problem. The hot water is working quite well (Not perfect) , but better. My issue is with the heat. I stress heat, because when it is below 50 degrees, I get none. When its 45 degrees I still get none. What do I have to do to get someone to fix the problem in my development regarding heat? I pay a lot of rent, whereas, you have people that don't pay at all. I should get proper heat and hot water at all times. I work for a living and I pay my rent, therefore, I need someone to take care of this issue as soon as possible. Why must I complain and complain about the same issues every year? Someone needs to address this. This is a serious issue, for I will continue to put my oven and stove on to keep warm. Living on the last floor (14th) gets very cold and windy. So why must I suffer when every one below me is nice and warm?
More New York City Housing Authority Complaints & Reviews
- New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) - repair problems 
- New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) - rude and unprofessional workers 
- NYCHA - Section 8 - non-answering of phones 
- New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) - broken refrigerator 
- NYCHA Drew Hamilton Houses - excessive garbage 
- NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] - cat has been registered for years.
- NYCHA (NYC Housing Authority) - negligence 
- NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] - maintenance has not been sent to my apartment on a 24 hr ticket
- NYCHA - lack of heat and mold problem
- Dewitt Clinton Housing NYCHA - lack of proper repair and procedure policy