NetQuoteNetQuote has resold my information quarterly for two years

Around two years ago, I completed a NetQuote quote-request form via Facebook. Shortly thereafter, I received the expected tidal wave of calls, e-mails, and physical mailings from agents at various insurance companies. I quickly found the rates I was looking for and signed up with the agencies that made the most sense for me.

Unfortunately, that was just the beginning of what has become a quarterly cycle in which I am repeatedly contacted by agents from various companies.

Every three months since I submitted my quote request, I am again contacted numerous times by numerous agents from numerous insurance companies. The first couple of times this happened, I just shrugged it off and assumed that my contact information would "age out" of your database after another cycle or two. But since it has happened approximately ten times now, it's clear that unless specific and decisive action is taken, I will continue to be harassed every three months for the rest of my life.

Without exception, every agent whose call I have answered tells me that NetQuote sold them my contact information. Thus, it is readily apparent that NetQuote is recycling and reselling that information on a quarterly basis, thereby wasting not only my time but NetQuote's insurance agency clients' money.

With that in mind, I have demanded several times that NetQuote you remove my contact information (name, e-mail address, telephone number, and physical mailing address) from their database immediately and take whatever measures are necessary to prevent my information from being returned to that database moving forward.

Every time I've actually spoken with someone at NetQuote, they've told me that someone resubmitted a new quote request online within the preceding week, but they are unable to tell me the specific source of that alleged new request (i.e., the website from which it was submitted). This is utter nonsense.

If this quarterly cycle of NetQuote reselling my contact information continues, I'm going to have to spend money to enlist the assistance of my attorney, as well as the state and federal agencies responsible for regulating their business. What a horrible, capricious scam.