Nationwide FinancingFRAUD

J

The Original [redacted] Title:
Nationwide Financing FRAUD ! DO NOT BUY "LEADS" FROM THESE PEOPLE !!! Canoga Park California

The Original [redacted] Text:
Kurt O'brien sent a fax out to us. It had the name "amanda hilton" and something to do with leads. I talked to Kurt all the while thinking this is not going to work, this is not going to work. Kurt assured me that buying leads for 8 dollars is a great deal and ONLY gets charged to my card if I issue a policy. The initial 400 dollars they would only need to pre authorize. I asked 3 times or more about this. I was assured each time that it was not a charge. IT WAS A CHARGE. I found out a few days later and filed a dispute. This company is crap and their tactics should be illegal. I was told they do not record calls so all those assurances are meaningless and I will probably not get my money back. To the one that said "you just have to work those leads, people". B.S. Out of the 12 "leads" I have received so far, NONE have responded to phone calls nor emails. The ONE person that I caught on the phone told me that he sold this property in question OVER 2 YEARS AGO. He laughed about it. I said "thanks for the info" and moved on. THE NEXT TIME I AM IN THE AREA OF CANOGA PARK, CA, I WILL GLADLY VISIT THIS OFFICE AND LET THEM KNOW MY THOUGHTS. I know the area as I used to live there. Thanks for ZERO N.F. James Basalt, Colorado
U.S.A.

• Mi
    Michelle S. Nov 19, 2008

Thanks a lot for the warning... I also got a e-fax from this Nationalwide Financing and your blog was all I needed to assure myself of the cheap scammers they are.
    I am also leaving my feedback here hoping to help others too!
    THANKS again for the warning.

• Mi
    Michelle S. Nov 19, 2008

Thanks a lot for the warning... I got an e-fax from this Nationalwide Financing, your blog was all I needed to assure myself of the cheap scammers they are.
    I am leaving my feedback here hoping to help others too!
    THANKS again for the warning.

• Dg
    Dgilbert Nov 20, 2008

I am a Broker here in the Vail Valley and I received an email and they listed my former office phone number on the email. I called them. One rep sent me to another that was sly but too me came off as cheesy. I asked what it was all about. He said that they have pre-approved applicants looking for homes in our area. They send the application, pre-approval letter and a credit report for each applicant. I asked if these people find them online or come into their office. He said they are clients, but he hesitated with his answer, ...they don't need to come to our office they are past clients. (WHAT does that mean if they have current applications? Sounds even more funky). He said they cost $45 each lead and then expect 10% from the sale. "There are seven applicants that we can send you now, with a credit card". I asked if they would sell one a a time, he said no." Ok, well, I will not give my credit card without more information. He said ok thank you for calling and promptly hung up. My gut feels it was bogus, but it is does strike a hope for business in the belly. I am curious if they have truly had any success and is this an ethical business move? Who and how do we warn others to beware. If someone gets something good out of them, then good for you and let me know. My business ethics and working hard for my clients is important to me, IT BUGS me when someone is working to take advantage of it. If this was more legit, wouldn't they want to send more information, stats, testimonials, etc? Thanks for posting a warning. Agent be Careful and do your diligence.

• Pa
    Pat O'Day Nov 20, 2008

Had Nationwide contact us and want to have $ 500 deposit to get leads. Sounds very close to same situation. Working out of same office in Canoga Park, Ca. Confronted a Richard Pierce and he said that he can't do any thing about someone posting coments about hsi company on line. I would be wary.

• Tr
    Trish Corvelli Nov 24, 2008

UNBELIEVABLE COMPANY! They actually STEAL your money. I signed their agreement for one month and cancelled within a few days because the Sales Rep that promised to work with me every step of the way NEVER returned my calls once I signed the agreement. I never ACTIVATED my account, and CANCELLED it, via email, fax, and telephone. Nationwide Finance or Financial or Financing (they change their name) said that they would never refund any money once a contract is signed, whether or not they followed through with their promises or not. They say a contract is a contract. They say to dispute it with your credit card company, who, they say, will abide by the contract. I will dispute it. One of their customer service people said that "as long as I received the leads, nothing can be done." When I told them that I never activated BECAUSE my Sale Rep had never contacted me nor would return my calls to activate and I had never received any leads, they said ... the leads are in your account, you just need to activate. We went round and round, but they refuse to give back money, even if you don't activate. DO NOT GIVE THEM ONE SECOND OF YOUR TIME! THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY! I've heard their leads are bogus, too, but I don't know that myself because they failed to perform WAY BEFORE I even accepted any leads. RUN FOR THE HILLS IF THEY CALL YOU!

• Bu
    Bud Blate Nov 24, 2008

My experience mirrored what James reported. Fax from "Amanda Hilton" with followup calls from "Kurt O'Brien". I had the same doubts and asked for the same reassurances. I looked at their website and was impressed so I (foolishly) signed up.

Fortunately, the fraud department of my credit card company called me to confirm the charge. I told them what happened and that I did not want a charge ever going through from that company. Chase changed my credit card account so it looks like I escaped this fraud intact.

I guess there were two important lessons for me here:

1. Don't be impressed by a professional looking website.
    2. Google for negative news before being taken instead of after the fact.

I hope this helps protect someone in the future.

• Da
    david wunderlich Nov 25, 2008

nationwide finance is a fraud, once they get you to sign the contract you don't get anything, i was to get 5 home leads to try the company, didn't get them, faxed them a copy of the check ( my fault),
    they were to hold, if i was satified, i was to send them the check, they cashed the faxed copy.
    now they won't return calls.

• Wa
    Wanda Nov 28, 2008

I received a fax today from Ms Amanda Hilton: I called thinking it might be a good idea, I was unable to speak to her so I spoke to Mr Earl and he seemed very eager to do business with my company, i was hesitant and he called me back twice. then he told me to sign the contract and put a check over the fax. He promised me 27 to 35 HO referrals weekly. I found it kind of funny d to the fact that most of these people probably have their own Brokers. So i told him I would called him back. I when to Google Fraud and in seconds Nationwide Financing in Canoga Park, California POP UP! Thank God for computers. Be wise, check new desperate business thoroughly before you jump in. This is the way they steal from hard working people. Good Luck.

• Sc
    Scott Hunt Dec 04, 2008

I am a Realtor in Colorado and just got an e-fax that said they had 3 pre-approved leads for me and that just needed a Realtor to help them. The cost was $45 per lead plus a 10% referal fee. I was promised a credit report, 1003 and pre-approval letter on each lead. When asked about RESPA my rep, "Arman" said he was a licened agent in CA and therefore allowed to receive the fee. They faxed me a contract asking for checking account info and $315 for 7 leads. When I asked why I could not use a credit card "for fraud protection " I was told they just did not take them...

Now I know why...

Scott Hunt

Chris Dec 11, 2008

WOW! I cant believe it and Thank God for the internet. I just got off the phone with "Charde" from Nationwide Finances. My first impression was good because they really try to build report quickly with compliments and feel good speek. Which as a sales person I totally understand but understand this they are Very good at it, actually too good.
    We went through the whole phone conversation and it seemed lagit to me almost the whole way through until we started to negotiate a-little on the price of leads. It seemed too easy to talk them down and then the kicker was that they wanted me to write a check to Nationwide and fax them a copy of it. Nobody does checks anymore especially over fax. These scam artist are going directly to your check info because they know that the credit card companies are on to them and are blocking and calling the card holder with the warning. I immediately went to the internet to see if these guys were lagit. Looks like I had about the same type of experience as these others.
    No matter how good this sounds STOP! DON'T buy from these guys. There are plenty of good lead companies out there to buy from.

• Ac
    ACisneros Dec 16, 2008

I was wooed by a woman named Jennifer. Everything sounded great! So I signed up and quickly found out that I had been screwed! I paid for 100 "leads" up front at $6.70 per lead. In about 2 weeks the leads finally stopped so I thought I had finally got rid of them. Only that within a few weeks I was charged again $670! I immediately sent out a few e-mails and got on the phone. It was a nightmare getting someone on the line. No one was ever there. No one ever returned phone calls. Finally I get on the line with someone and they told me that I had to give at least a week notice that I wished to cancel and since I didn't I was out of luck.

I sent an e-mail to a few fellow agents and it turns out that another agent in my area was screwed too. He was taken for $1, 500 and I was taken for $1, 340. These guys should really be put in jail for the crazy frauds they've got going on.

My agent buddy and I are going to file a small claims suit against these guys. Any advice? Anyone know of anyone else that was screwed by these jerks and want to join in with us? There is power in numbers.

James Jan 17, 2009

I am so glad I posted the initial warning about these jerkoffs at nationwide financing. I am happy I could help anyone out. I have been contacted multiple times from people that both got scammed and some that did not only due to the initial post. I thought I was in the clear because Discover investigated the scam. Well... Nationwide Financing sent Discover that damn signed document (if you got scammed you know what I'm talking about). CRAP ! I am re-pissed !! PLEASE, if you got scammed or not, PLEASE call the FBI about this and report it. This way it will go to a class action lawsuit (hopefully) and these guys will PAY and be shut down !

• Re
    Realtor Shirley Jan 23, 2009

Do not even think about entering into a contract with this corrupt, dishonest and dreadful company that goes by many names, first as Nationwide Finances on their website: www.nationwidefinancing.net, or Nationwide Financing and Nationwide Financial, both of these names are on the contract I wish I had never signed with them.

For starters I was tricked into believing they were part of Nationwide Financial Services Inc. The leads for Real Estate buyers were in its majority old, people that had already purchased their home months before, and some were even names of other real estate agents. They charged me for an extra month after I sent them the request to stop these charges, I was forced to leave countless messages trying to resolve the situation, they never returned any calls, and when I finally reached the customer service department, their manager (who did not want to identify herself) was rude and said they would not reverse the charges, her childish excuse being that I sent it to the wrong fax number, never mind that it was sent to the fax number shown on the original contract for those purposes.

I have organized all my paperwork to prove my case and, unless I get this charges reversed, I intend to take them to court.
    If there is other aggravated party please contact me through this website.

• Wa
    Walter Mar 08, 2009

Richard Pierce, if he even exists at Nationwide is ###. If I ever have the pleasure of meeting him or his co-workers face to face it will not be a pleasant meeting. They asked me to call two successful clients, which I did before getting ripped off. I have recently called both of these people back and the phone numbers are not theirs...hmmmmmm are they part of the rip off.

• Fr
    Frank Mar 19, 2009

Ditto to what every one wrote here. They took $1, 000 from my checking account. They sent an amendment to an agreement I'd signed, saying they would not do an ETF, but only I signed it--they never di. And now "Jennifer, " their customer service perons, says that because an officer didn't sign it as well, it wasn't valid. I faxed them a cancellation form on the seventh business day before they would get another hit, but they went ahead anyway. And the leadds they send are crap. Most of them are well over 3 hours freom me. That a**hole Kurt had assured me that the leads would only be within my county. Jennifer said they can't isolate counties, only ZIP codes. So I sent them a list of ZIP codes and cities, but they still send crap. Out of 57 leads they've sent, only 10 are in my area and have working numbers. Don't know if they're legit because they don't answer their phones. Frankly, I wouldn't mind spendin $1, 000 if they would produce what they say they will, but they don't, and now I'm screwed. I started up a Facebook called Nationwide Financing Rip Off, and will do whatever I can to sink this racket.