motorcraft oil filterhole rusted thru , causing a leak and lost oil possible engine damage

D

My 6 week old motorcraft oil filter was defective. a hole rusted from inside out. while driving it started leaking. i lost my engine oil possibly damaging my engine. my engine compartment was oil covered. a pinhole has rusted thru the case of the filter. i am totally in shock, and it cost me plenty for the lesson. i think the company should offer a reimbursement and should evaluate the quality of the oil filter . enclosed is a photo of the faulty motorcraft oil filter. dennis bailey, lester, wv 25865. [protected]

hole rusted thru , causing a leak and lost oil possible engine damage

• Da
    Daniel H A Dec 21, 2016

I had two motorcraft oil filter go bad in 6 week time same thing pinhole

Jason Flynn Oct 25, 2020

I noticed oil under my truck and after some looking around I noticed my Motorcraft oil filter had some rust and a big bubble under the paint with oil seeping out of it. Looked like it was about to blow out.

Comments