Mni*creditreport.comChecking account being charged without authorization

E

On 3/11/2007 I ordered 3 different credit reports. I assumed that this was a respectable company and ordered them off of MMI*CreditReport.com Apparently I was mistaken. On 4/12/2007 I received 3 different charges to my checking account for additional charges of $29.85 (3X $9.95) which I did not approve. (I only approved one time charges) (I did not approve a monthly charge attached to my checking account)

I would appreciate if these charges and any future charges were taken of my checking account immediately before this letter is sent to The Better Business Bureau, The Consumer Protection Agency, Google, & MSN. If a person is signing up for a long term commitment these terms should be stated on the front page not in fine print.

EDWARD A MATAVA
661 Colony Drive
York, Pa 17404

Mary T. Earl Aug 22, 2016

My bank account shows a charge of $29.95 for a credit report. I did order what was to be a FREE credit report. When I called the company they said I ordered 2 reports and that was what the charge was for and they absolutely could not refund the charge. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the girl asked me "what do you want to speak to a supervisor for? She finally said she would transfer me but, of course, I was cut off. I will talk to my bank about this unauthorized charge to my account. I feel their practice is totally dishonest !!

• My
    Myrtis Collinson Aug 22, 2016

I did not know anything about this until I got my credit card statement and there was a charge for $14.95 I have never heard of this before and I don't know how they got my credit card number. I told them that I wanted this cancelled they said that they would send an e-mail to confirm my cancellation in a very short time that was 2 days ago I am still waiting. I also think that I should get that $14.95 back. I really think this is a scam and I will be reporting this to my credit card co. I would like to have you tell me how they got my credit card number so this does not happen again. Please see that this is cancelled and send me a verification that it has been done. Thank You.

• Ka
    KateC Aug 22, 2016

Caught by MNI "free" report offer and found ourselves with monthly billing. Read all the complaints on the web. Called the company [protected] and after a long wait a nice young man came on the line who started to inform me that I had signed up; it was in the page where we submitted our info.
    I pointed out to him that a quick google search shows that many people feel their procedures are fraudulent and that I wanted it cancelled NOW. He said he'd cancel effective today but I have not gotten the promised confirmatory e-mail so we'll see.

• Do
    DONNYWAGS Mar 08, 2011

I HAVE BEEN RECEIVING UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE FOR MNI*CREDITREPORT.Com I WANT IT TO STOP.

• Sp
    spaceherrier Jan 29, 2011

I got scammed by these bloodsuckers too. It has been several months since I signed up for their free trial, then I called the number they provided to cancel it. They claimed that I wasn't even on their list of customers to begin with! Now they are charging me for services they didn't even provide? What scalawags! After all the complaints on this board, there is something going on that is more than just human error (e.g. failing to read the fine print). Hopefully the FTC will investigate this and put the [censor] in jail.

• Ji
    jim griffen Jan 28, 2011

what a scam, got first scrpt of information ok, after that could not access complete info on report .called today inquired on cost increase and was told it was sent to my e-mail, no it wasnt, i argued, they said it may be spammed no it was not. called back and cancelled subscription, so end result 1 look at my report for 10 mins, cost me 60.00, why do we have to pay for something that is controlled by another company that is not helpfull

• Ro
    Robin K. Williams Jan 25, 2011

This is differly a scamming unscrupulous company. How does one warn people to beware of CreditReport.com. They will rip you and take your money for services never requested from them. They need to be investigated by the FTC. File complaints with the FTC against everyone who has had money stolen from their bank accounts

• Jm
    jmeier72 Jan 04, 2011

I have called them each month to cancel and they say that everything is taken care of then the next month I receive another charge on my account from MINI credit report.

• Fr
    frustrated5 Dec 17, 2010

I was charged 14.95 on THREE OCCASIONS/the same day - I do not know HOW they got my credit card as I NEVER requested a credit report...my credit card had to be cancelled...I didn't sign up for anything...

• Cl
    Cliff F Rockefeller Dec 09, 2010

My credit card was charged $14.95 for no reason. I would like my money back.

• Ar
    Arthur L. Davis Nov 25, 2010

I went on credit report.com and started to ask for my credit rating. When I was requested to give my credit card info and accept the terms of the agreement I immediately canceled all requests for any and all credit reports. I did not receive any reports, at all, so I considered everything cancelled. Surprise, in my credit card bill there is an unacceptable charge of 14.95 dollars that was not approved by me. Do whatever it takes to remove the charge and I am notifying my credit card company to refuse any and all payments to you. Please take care of this illegal charge right away. Arthur Davis @ [email protected] Reply requested

Anita Montoya-Diaz Nov 22, 2010

They scammed me too!!! What can we do about it?

Anita Montoya-Diaz Nov 22, 2010

This is a scam!!!

• Be
    belgia Nov 04, 2010

Notice the Ads by Google on this site for Lexington Law and CreditReport.com. Ohhhhh how the wheels keep on turning.

Repost:
    I GOT a full refund.
    DO TELL...just got an email from CreditReport.com <[email protected]> the [protected] # after my phone call aliases credit.com, billed under mni*creditreport.com. Says no further charges will occur but did not state like they did on the phone that I was refunded and I never CHOSE them. Never asked for the service or reports. We will see if I get an actual refund to my acct. in 3-7 days. Guess u have to threaten to sue first. ISP address went to state AG.

Email from then says and I quote:

"We're sorry to lose you!

This email serves as confirmation that we have canceled your CreditWatch™ credit monitoring service with CreditReport.com.
    Your cancellation confirmation number is: 7079891
    The cancellation is effective immediately and no further credit monitoring fees will be charged to your credit card.
    Should you change your mind and wish to reinstate your CreditWatch™ credit monitoring service at any time, simply log in to the member's area with your user name and password and choose the Activate Credit Monitoring option.
    Alternatively, call us toll-free at [protected] or email us at [email protected]
    Thank you for choosing CreditReport.com for your credit protection and management needs."

• Be
    belgia Nov 04, 2010

Anyone else notice that the ADs by Google on THIS site have a Lexington Law and CreditReport.com (mni and so on) AD? YIKES!

john sumner Oct 17, 2010

(I did not approve a monthly charge attached to my checking account)

• To
    Todd mitcham Oct 14, 2010

Never said anything about a charge it was free as far as I was told

• Dr
    Dr. E Oct 13, 2010

I too have received MULTIPLE charges for this Credit reporting service which I NEVER had any contact with. Now there is no way to stop the charges except by canceling the charge at the bank for a $25 stop payment fee.
    This company is a TOTAL scam and the proprietors should be jailed and fees returned to their victims.

• St
    Stanleeaye Oct 09, 2010

Hey all, this just happened to me, charged $14.95 after a free 7 day trial period. I did not even have a desire to see my credit report. I was referenced their address for some job that was sent to my inbox. They said in order for me to work with them they need a credit check, so they linked this credit report web address. I went there and filled out the forms and completed the process to get my credit score. A few days later I get charged $14.95. I just spoke with customer service at [protected] and told them to refund the money and cancel my service. They said they can't do that, I told them I was forwarded their address for some job. They refunded the money & canceled the service. Thank God. I do not like deceptive practices...

• Cc
    ccrystalimages Oct 07, 2010

I was charged an illegal charge of $14.95 to my credit card. This was supposed to be a FREE credit report and I never did get the report. I didn't finish and just exited. I am notifying my credit card.Lisa Keeney

• Le
    leviyid Oct 05, 2010

i signed up a year ago and took me three times to cancel when they charged me for three months finally i cancelled and a year later which is now they charged me again

• Ms
    Ms. Angy Sep 28, 2010

I HAD NEVER CONTACTED "MNI*CreditReport.com" AND THEIR NAME STARTED TO APPEAR ON MY ACCOUNT STATEMENT OUT OF BLUE.

To solve this problem, I contacted my bank, and got my credit back - but they did the same thing again the very next day. I CHANGED MY CARD# and got the credit back.

Then, about a month later, I saw "REVERSE CREDIT FOR DEBIT CARD DISPUTE" on my account. THEY PURSUE THE MONEY THEY ARE NOT ENTITLED TO!!! So I called my bank and requested 3-way call. Eventually, my bank associate assisted me well and solved the issue, so it's worth my 15 minutes, though it was stressful. When you call your bank and this bull-sxxt-comapny, please remember:

1)Never give your new contact information or SS# - they try to get them from you "to locate your account information".

2)The first "customer service" person will pretend that they don't have your account information - clearly state your name and city of residence and ask for his/her "supervisor". Also, tell them the fact your account is charged by them, and if you have changed your cc# (which I recommend), give them your old card #. It is helpful to talk about the situation and their notorious fraudulent practice with your bank associate before the 3-way call .

Never give up, or they'll charge your account forever while you don't know.

• Ps
    pseyeko9 Sep 25, 2010

Yes, a similar thing just happened to me as well. Sad thing is, I've been down this road before, and found out the hard way that if it says "Free Report" it's actually a code phrase for "scam the public as much as possible." In response to Marcie's comment, posted on 7/31/08, I did indeed thouroughly read the terms that it was supposed to be a ONE TIME PAYMENT ONLY, ( for a supposedly "free 30 day trial, which makes no sense to me) yet I was charged a total of THREE times last month, and twice so far this month. And no, their "customer service" was definitely NOT helpful, especially when I informed them that I never actually GOT a credit report, just a bunch of e-mails leading me into a maze of webpages where I could recieve my "free report" for more additional fees. Along with everyone else, I am disputing the charges on my credit card, and reporting ALL of these "Free credit reports" as SCAMS to anyone who will listen. A friendly warning to all- DO NOT get sucked into these scams. Your credit may not be bad now, but it will soon get that way if you allow these thieves access to your credit card numbers!
    -Amanda 9/25/2010

mark ian Sep 24, 2010

if it happends ill sign it and jopin

• Br
    brittney90 Sep 24, 2010

Hi my name is Brittney Matthews and as you guessed it this company took money out of my account too. I never subscribed to anything, I don't even remember going to this site to check my credit score, ESPECIALLY SINCE I'M ONLY 20YRS OLD AND HAS NO CREDIT YET! This site is a scam and I hope that a class action suit happens against this company.

mark ian Sep 17, 2010

they wont give the money back, at least not for me just cal them [protected]

• Su
    Suzanne Downing-Jones Sep 16, 2010

I was credited for $14.95 on my checking account on September 16, 2010 and did not authorize the creditreport.com to take the money. They also credit my account after I got online with them for $1.00. I need my money back. I am unemployed and cannot have a company taking money from my account when they said nothing will be credited for the transaction.

mark ian Sep 15, 2010

this is for everyone, i have contacted them and they are charging you for maintaining your card or account transactions and up dating your dredit report, here is the phone [protected] tell them you done want or ill also put the link to their site

• Ab
    abirch Sep 10, 2010

Like the rest of the people here I made the mistake and got a free credit report from (MNI*CREDITREPORT.COM). They charged me 14.95$. This was BS but that besides the point. So after chking on several diff websites about this I did find a number to call [protected] A Lady answered the phone I explained what happened she told me that I ok the transaction by chking the box under terms and agreements. Long story short I said this was BS and to remove me from the list. She then took my info looked up my account and said, "when you signed up for this agreement it was for a trial period and once the trial was up thats when they start charging you." I said cancel and they DID!!! This was a hassel but atleast they stopped the payments. This whole deal works for them within the relm of deception. If anything they get 15$ bucks from anyone who signs up for this service. SCAM SCAM SCAM. People wonder why our country is so messed up. These people pray on people that dont understand (me included) how this all works. DONT let it happen to you.

ANDY B

Sandra King Sep 07, 2010

Please stop making charges to my account.
    Sandra King

• Va
    Valpic Sep 04, 2010

how do i get my money back

• Va
    Valpic Sep 04, 2010

i too got an unatherized charge to my checking account how do i get my money back

• Jw
    jwillis149 Aug 23, 2010

Well,
    Sign me up for the club! This company is also ripping me off for a monthly charge on what I thought was a free credit report. IF the bleeding of my charge account can be stopped now, I will accept that the money I have paid is for the report I got. But if it keeps on, it will be another instance of someone getting duped by the ultra fine print.

• Fr
    fraudpreventor Aug 02, 2010

I too, just received my checking account statement and was charged 7.95 from creditreport.com. This is the third time in three years they have done this. I did not sign up for the free trial! They said I placed an order earlier this year and I DID NOT! This company is a scam. Never use creditreport.com-this government needs to do something about this company. They only credited my account for one month. These people are the [censor] of the earth!

• Kr
    Krystal2384 Jul 25, 2010

They charged [censor] on my card that i didnt approve!!! Someone needs to do something about them!!! They wouldnt take it off!! I ordered my report thats it! And they charged me 12.95 for somthing i didnt order!! DOO NOT GO THROUGH THEM!!! THEY WILL CHARGE U OTHER THINGS!!! AND NO REFUNDS!

• 41
    411802 Feb 24, 2010

where is tha mother###en phone number @ ### took my damn money this ### said it was free

Jerome Nawrocki Jan 11, 2010

What is it about cancel that you don't understand?

Jerome Nawrocki Jan 11, 2010

Don't need this service and don't want it.

Jerome Nawrocki Jan 11, 2010

How do I cancel this service?

• Ae
    aebcd Jan 06, 2010

This same crap just happened to me. Luckily I check my bank online everyday. Apparently there ARE several places where it warns you of this charge. (in very very small writing, far away from the huge FREE button) It says you have 7 days to cancel. I figured this since all credit report websites take your credit card info and charge you after THIRTY days, so I went to my account and looked up and down left and right for a place to cancel and did not find one. I was billed on the 7th day and called immediately. The charge was removed after she went over this huge spiel. I was like "ma'am there are websites with HUNDREDS of complaints on this company for this exact thing, it is not like I was just lazy and didn't read what I was supposed to, you have purposely hidden this information to dupe your customers" she says "oh my! I have never heard of these complaints" all you have to do is google the name! Anyway she refunded me my money, and I think it was only so easy because I called within the 7 days.