misty farm eventsexperience

A

We had our wedding at Misty Farm. The experience is one that I have to pass along. Although the venue is beautiful, the owner is crazy. She was extremely unprofessional, rude, and clearly in over her head. Word is spreading quickly in the wedding world of how difficult she is to work with. While meeting with her, she also had several racist comments. Hopefully the Ann Arbor area will get another rustic wedding venue that is much better run. Beware! She was nice at first, but it was a disaster at every turn.

More misty farm events Complaints & Reviews

• Al
    allareequal Feb 02, 2012

My fiance and I went out for a looksee and while I agree the barns are nice, it is far too close to the road. We too had read the reviews here and elsewhere before going out to see for ourselves and I did not get a good vibe from the owner right away. We also had some racist remarks and when I pointed out that we live in a culturally diverse area, and its kind of expected that we are to be accepting, it was all fake smiles then.
    No thank you.

• Qu
    queenofhearts Dec 19, 2011

I have to say that I did due diligence and this is our experience. We are looking for a unique venue at market price. I read the reviews, ( all of them), here and elsewhere and chose to go out to Misty Farms and judge for myself.
    I agree with the other the reviewers, the operators of the facility are off-putting and there are far too many rules and conditions that must be met for the ala carte fee schedule.
    We chose to pass.
    "When people tell you who they are, Listen".

• Prof. Queensly Dec 06, 2011

My experience with the owners were quite the opposite; very accommodating and flexible on a variety of requests. We were a little bummed that we had to stop the music at 11:00pm but considering the event spaces, the hosts attitude the music cut-off time was not an issue.

nomoneytoburn Nov 25, 2011

Misty Farms was on our short list and we went out and looked at the venue. Our brief experience with the owner wasn't pleasant. She is controlling and pushy. The pricing is really outrageous and they nickel and dime you. I can't agree more...Beware!

johnnysgirl2012 Nov 10, 2011

I was going to have my wedding there but because the owner wasn't timely on returning the phone calls, we found something else. The rates they charge are unbelievable!!

• Mr
    mrandmrssmith Nov 07, 2011

We too were married at Misty Farms this past summer and agree the farm is beautiful, but the owner is a psycho!
    The owners are really money hungry. The charges were unclear and seemed to keep going up and up. Make sure you have a clear bottom line and stick to it.

• Bi
    bikemantom Nov 06, 2011

Scio Road is one of my favorite roads to bike on. With the inreased traffic and no signs, its dangerous. People don't pay attention to bikers!