Mercedes Benz of Calabasashorrible service

The service at Mercedes Benz Calabasas is absolutely horrid. I had a problem with a gas smell coming from the car when it was parked in the garage and it took me 4 different trips for them to finally fix the problem. In general, every time I got the car back, something else didn't work and it was all related to that one repair . It took 2 trips to fix the front seat head rest. This last trip, they fixed one thing, and gave the car back to me with the CD Player non-functioning. I never had any problems with the CD Player in the 5+ years that I've owned the car. When I brought it back to them, they told me the CD Player is not related to what they had fixed last. Then, all of a sudden, they see that there was an oil leak. Why didn't they notice that when the car was there 2 days ago? They also told me that it would be $900.00 for a new CD Player. I told them to fix the oil leak and forget the CD repair. Wouldn't you know, the CD Player was miraculously working when I got the car back from fixing the oil leak.
Bottom line, the service people are impossible to get a hold of, they are terrible about calling you to update you on the status of repairs nor do they let you know that a part has come in. The mechanics are sloppy, stupid and/or lie about repairs that are needed or mess up something else in your car so you need to come back again for new repairs. For the simplest of repairs, my car is there for 2 to 3 days, for more complicated repairs it's there more than a week.
AVOID CALABASAS MERCEDES FOR SERVICE AND SALES(they lie too).

• Er
    Eric Feb 27, 2009

I am a four time Mercedes Benz owner and have recently had the worst, most unprofessional experience I have ever had with a Service Department. The handling of my service needs, poor communication and follow-up has convinced me that I do not want to be a repeat service or sales customer of the dealership unless I was assured it would do the dealership some form of harm.

As a customer expecting a higher level of service, and education, from its service providers, I was willing to pay the inflated service rates (ie: $150. for a smog cert verses $49.) because I believed I would be getting value in return. I was sadly surprised and thought it might be informative as to why customers are talking. It�s now been three days of scheduling and rescheduling aggravation, and I know I plan on talking to as many other customers as possible.