Malen & AssociatesThey mailed me a summons and i don't know if it is legit?

J

I received a summons in the mail and i do not know if they are a legit company or what to do? I keep reading about them and it does not look good. They are known for illegal practices. What should I do?

• Je
    Jenni Oct 08, 2008

• Rh
    Rhees Oct 15, 2008

Ignore letter and throw away it's a scam
    Rhees

• Iv
    Ivebeenthere Nov 13, 2008

DO NOT IGNORE!
    THEY WILL TAKE YOU TO COURT.
    I never received anything in the mail and they still were able to freeze my bank account last year and I had to go to court to fix everything.
    Call them.
    If the debt is not yours be prepared to prove it with documentation and you will not be liable. If the debt IS yours don't promise to anything you cannot keep up with, but see what you can work out though because if you ignore things like this it can get really bad, I know I've been there the past few years.

• Sh
    SHAWNA S May 18, 2013

IS MALEN & ASSOCIATES RELATED TO BUTLER & ASSOCIATES IN SAYVILLE NY?

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices