Lucky MojoCatherine Yronwode mean and racist

P

Hello everyone, I was a customer of lucky mojo whom spent lots of money. I also was a member of the forum. On the forum I was notified months ago from Catherine Yronwode saying that my signature was "Hoodish" and to me thats a racist statement. I had a word in my signature that I censored. She mention that kids come on the forum, but theres topics that talks about penis, vaginal, and semen fluids etc. I had the word "b****es in my signature censored "I got the hoohoo for you b****" She said that was hoodish, I'm not from the hood and I look at that as a racist comment. She could have handled that situation alot better than throwing racist words at me. What is hoodish? She saying i'm from the hood and talk hood I guess, lol. My signature was up for months before I got notified that it was bad and "hoodish". I have purchased alot from this website, ordered readings from people, and promoted their products to lots of people. I posted a few threads on the forum in seeking help in my situations and recently asked if they could be deleted for privacy reasons, the mods told me NO, even though their threads I posted, they said it was property of Lucky Mojo, I'm going to talk to a lawyer about this matter. They even removed me from the forum with no notice and I have sent emails, but no replys. I was made fun of in one of the threads on the forum just for having a question I had no knowledge of and needed to know an answer. The customer service is bad, when you call for information on products, they tell you to go on the forum. I have spent hundreds of dollars on this website and this is the thanks I get in return???

• Br
    Brandy Martin Feb 05, 2013

I agree.
    Although I witness this happened to a friend of mine, she does not speak badly about Lucky Mojo. or Airr, at all. This is what I witness. My friend has been a loyal customer for years and I know she has order thousands of dollars in products, I always went over and help her unpack, five to six oils of the same kind, etc.. She never complained about the long wait, has ordered candle vigils from their little Church. She called into their show a few months ago and was treated very poorly. She has graves disease and it does not always permit her to do what she needs to do, such as work, or walk and her husband is also ill with MS. Her Mother passed she was depress for over a year, Miss Cat went after her because she didn't finish her coursework and she was unable to complete something for her ancestors, of course she didn't, her Mother and Mother in Law had passed, she was getting treatment for depression, she couldn't afford her medication for graves diseases.. In fact, she barely got out of bed for over a year, then her husband became very ill, her animals died, I am surprise that she is still standing.
    I was so disgusted by how they treated her, telling her she doesn't finish anything, she suffers from depression, who does that, what she has endure, please, I have the utmost respect for her, she made it through. There is no way, after hearing on Air how they spoke to her, that I would ever order from them, after that, no way.. I shouldn't say they, it was Miss Cat that spoke that way.. I couldn't believe how she talked to her, she should have told them that she has several medical conditions but I think she was shocked, I don't blame her, for people that consult you would think that they can sense during their reading, for the record, I have had readings where my reader was able to sense my medical issues, in fact, one reader inform me of my medical issue one year before I even had them, I should have stop drinkiing as was recommended. Lucky Mojo was so busy promoting their products and thier services they forgot it was a person calling them, it's just shocking.

My friend promoted their site and sent her friends to members of Airr and sought help from them. In the end, she found herself, which is even better. She doesn't speak ill of them, but, she hasn't bought anything else from them.
    Now she consults with her ancestors so kuddoo's for her and them.
    I am sorry that you felt that you were put down, but in the end you spoke your mind and that counts for something.
    Just like in the end, my friend found herself, which better then anything they could ever sell or offer.

• Br
    Brandy Martin Feb 05, 2013

I have witnessed LM mistreat a friend of mine. She never speaks badly of them, or discusses her experience concerning this incident but it shocked me. I know the amount of money she spent and her friends and family, she sent over to LM. She was a loyal customer, she would order six of the same oils and would give it to her friends so we could sample LM products. I know this for a fact, I would go to her house and help her unpack. She even order the candle service from them. She fell on hard times and sought help from them. She call into their show maybe two months ago.. I was shocked on how they spoke to her, Miss Cat got on her about not finishing her course work and not being able to do a mass for her ancestors. She has graves disease, which means some days, she can't walk and suffers from extreme depression, her Mom passed on, her Nanny passed on, her animals had died, her husband has MS, she had a series of bad luck, my friend, in all honesty didn't get out of her bed for over a year. I was shocked when Miss Cat told her she doesn't complete anything. I have the utmost respect for my friend, I know what she has endure and what she has come through. For "great readers" I was just amaze how they spoke to someone who was putting their life back together after a series of unfortunate loses and heartbreaking situations. That killed me and to speak to someone who has severe depression like that, what's wrong with that picture, who does that?
    I was so disgusted that I was going to order some supplies from them, I decided not to. I won't give my money to people that say they are there to help but rip someone apart.
    When a person calls in asking for help, help them, don't tear them apart, especially if you aren't the type of reader that can sense the larger picture. God knows how many people have been hurt with such harsh comments and little to no tact.
    So, I will say, I witness this for myself. I am so happy that in the end, my friend found herself, which is so much more important than what LM offers or sells.
    I think it's great that you voice your experience. I know LM has been in business for over 15 years, but really, customers have the right to express their experience and being called "hoodish" is unprofessional and lacking tact, at best. I think it's great you voice your experience.

• Pr
    Princess803 Feb 05, 2013

Thank you Brandy Martin so much for replying and sharing your friend's story as well, sorry that happen to your friend. I WILL NEVER EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR SPEND ANOTHER DIME AT LUCKY MOJO AGAIN. Theres lots of other botanical stores online to shop on and very great customer service. They will probly get on here and reply bashing us, lol. But you have to be very mindful of how you treat your customers thats how you lose business. That was very unprofessional and racist how that woman referred to a comment of mines as "HOODISH" . She need to google the word hoodish if theres such a word. I'm going to leave this in my higher powers hands, because ounce I give it to him all is good and karma is always a ###. I was a loyal customer and active on the forum, how dare cat and her team treat me this way.

Chelsey98 Mar 18, 2013

I also went on the LM FB page asking questions only to be told this is my personal page (Cat) and you need to post to the LM page, only this clearly was the LM page and not hers. I told her so only for her to shut her mouth and not respond back. Every damn time I order a candle vigil I literally have to hound them for a report every time, they never get back to me on their own free will. I have spoken to some very nice people at the missionary church they run but I am definitely going to take my business elsewhere from now on. In this day of the internet there are many competent places to do business with.

• Pr
    Princess803 Mar 19, 2013

Hey Chelsey, Sorry you went through that kind of treatment at LM too. That's not good business for Cat to treat customers this way at LM whom purchase lots of products and services from LM. I've learn in any kind of business customers are always right, you should be good to customers, and customers come first, without customers YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS, so cater to your customers. Small or Big orders customers are customers, and when cat treat customers in bad manners, it's not a good look for LM.

• Kemps Apr 13, 2013

If your happy and you know it clap your hands
    If your happy and yo know it clap your hands
    If your happy and you know it and you really want to show it
    If your happy and you know it touch your self

Angel Light Apr 28, 2013

I wanted to post my story about the LM Store. In spring 2012, I went through a very bad breakup with a man whom I believed that I was truly in love with. It's a long story, but it didn't work out and I was quite depressed, so I ordered a 'Cut and Clear' spell kit from LM. I kept waiting and it took over three months for me to receive my order! In the mean time, I called the LM Store a couple of times and as usual, their help was very difficult and rude. A clerk named, Dan, could not talk on the phone and gave the phone to Alicia in the store. She thought that the phone was on 'hold' but I could hear them talking and making rude comments.
    BTW: The LM Store will NOT take paypal for online orders ever---something to do with the CA state tax on tobacco--a traditional Hoodoo product. If you do not have a credit card--(like me)---you will have to use a reloadable card from Walmart Store, etc. to order!

Another time, I had a phone reading with Miss Cat and it was a complete disaster. An LM staff member handed her computer printout sheets listing the products and setting up lights that I had ordered from them. Miss Cat did not care about the volume of purchases made by me, but only commented on one candle burning at MISC. I ordered a crossing candle set on the altar for a very bad and dangerous family member, after trying most every other kind of protection spell. The owner spent fifteen minutes of my half hour phone reading ranting about how 'evil' I was, without me being able to explain anything about this dangerous person! However, the LM Store did take my money for the candle burning without any issues!

I personally have found Miss Cat to be very vain and proud and jealous of other Hoodoo stores and rootworkers. The LM Store has the monopoly on Hoodoo rootwork, including the correspondence course, and they know it too! I sincerely hope there is a big, rival store in the near future for customers to shop online.

• El
    Elle Wood Sep 06, 2013

I agree with everyone on this thread regarding Catherine Yronwode. My experiences with LM have been abysmal without exception. The one order I made from them took MONTHS to arrive, with no communication from their end nor even a apology for the excessive amount of time it took for the order to be delivered. I then joined the forum hoping for some advice and guidance on some things, and while others on the forum were very helpful and kind, Mrs Yronwode was very rude and condescending. Reading through several of her articles on LM, I have always been struck by her superior and self-righteous attitude. She is definitely someone who WAAAAY too full of herself and really needs to be taken down several pegs. Hopefully her come-uppance will come soon, and that we and everyone else she has stepped on and screwed over will be around to enjoy it.

• Li
    little Owl Jun 09, 2014

I long to study Hoodoo and rootwork, and when I applied to do Cat's course she told me that because I am white and British that I would need to have at least one black friend to help me. Apparantly I can't really get through the course without it. :( I told her I didn't know any african people but she insisted I could not do the course without. I cannot find any other course so far, and am really annoyed because it is my calling.

• Di
    Diva Akili Austin May 18, 2018

@little Owl if you share your books I am willing to help

• Do
    Donezo Jun 21, 2014

I have to agree and I must say that I was verbally attacked on more than one occasion by Cat. She would swoop in and just go off on me when I would just ask a question and one day I went off BAD. I could not believe someone of her statue could be so ### and RUDE. I also recall emailing the company years prior to that asking about products for obsession, explained my situation with this guy and the email I got back was "Honestly we have nothing for that and what's worse is that you want to make this guy obsessed because that's what you feel". Could you believe this was the reply to my email and what's so funny is they have a full thread about OBSESSION WORK! Cat seemed to have calmed her mouth down some but I still feel she should be put in her place. It makes no sense how nasty she used to get, and her war with Christos Kioni was just INSANE!

• Da
    dany2002 Jul 29, 2014

• Da
    dan002 Aug 04, 2014

can someone or an American like her tell her, go do some researches about voodoo(vodou) before she gives brief explanation about it? I see that she mainly focus on hoodoo, but when ask about vodou, she gave a brief explanation, which is false information about vodou. She stated that vodou is a haitian religion and one can't practice vodou. if you don't practice vodou, then how you do the rituals and serve ezulie and Baron?. haitian people laughing of her. she looks idiot online when she does that. I think she is financially stable, she can make some trip in africa and haiti to learn about vodou. Haitian like myself would love to teach her, we love those white like her who have the nerve to make profit of other incapable people culture, like back in the day white folk like her take advantage of black people.

• Me
    Melissa Dyer Aug 30, 2015

They put so much effort into organising the forum and website and giving useful information. Then when you order the products take weeks to come, they don't state on the site when items are out of stock, they like money if you say you will have the parcels in two deliverys they will try to charge a second time for postage even though you may have paid $20 dollars for delivery already, they delivered 5 oils and 1 root for $20 dollars really it should be 10, once they get you're money never they will answer emails it's just overall b.s. in the end never will I order from this site I will order from Lavinia on etsy. If i knew that this website belonged to a white woman no way would I order my hoodoo merchandise from there. Hoodoo is black culture what the hell a white woman doinh with it making money money from black culture and then they don't have respect.

• Ve
    Veronica Hunter Mar 10, 2016

OK. So... I'm quite surprised at your reviews. I have learned a fair bit from LM and cat. Yes she is rather direct and straight to the point and not everyone appreciates it. I find her practice as well as that of rootworkers associated with her rather useful and I never had problems with the customer service or shipments from LM. I will agree that cat does not provide much information about Haitian voudon and her information is not exactly the best, however her information about practice of hoodoo is rather spot on. It is worth pointing out that as any folk magic there are many ways to practice and do certain things and different rootworkers could argue till cows come home on the matter. As for the original post... Grow up. You got told on someone's board that they're not happy with your screen name so you stoop to calling them racist? You're bothered about technical posts that involve bodily fluids but you want to learn about hoodoo? I can understand the point of some of complaints posted here but if you step back and try to take a non-biased view you might realise that you're missing a few spots.

• Ve
    Veronica Hunter Mar 10, 2016

Also I love the fact that people who rage about supposed racism sit here and blatantly claim that a specific magic and practice is reserved for black people only and refuse to buy products on the grounds that the business is owned by a white woman. If you look at history of hoodoo you might find yourself very surprised. You might also discover that while it is form of magic strongly influenced by African and Afro-American culture there's an immense amount of influences that come from Europe, Native American culture as well as Latin America.

• Ho
    Horror Stye Apr 12, 2016

But you completely ignored all the stuff about the shipping and the rude behavior towards the woman with Graves Disease. Why?

• To
    Todd McNugget Mar 21, 2018

"hoodish" you ignorant, slandering [censor], can also pertain to all colors - but in your ridiculously stupid, racist eyes, you believe it only pertains to black people. she was basically saying you are ignorant and uneducated.

You made it racist by insisting that the word is meant only for black people.
    If I were the owners of mojo, i'd sue you for slander... and i'd win.

You'd be wise to stop spreading your own racist hatred on your blog and here towards a particular party.

And no, i'm not related to nor have I ever spent a dime on their site - i'm smarter than that and make my own [censor] to protect and conjure. feel free to bring upon your silly dark spell to attempt to harm me for my statement... i'm really into reflective spells and dark conjure myself. I know, very well, how to protect myself and my family and am not afraid of all of our ultimate doom we call death.

Get the [censor] over your stupid [censor] and go help someone, i.e. children with cancer, volunteer for the mentally challenged, etc... your blog, slandering this woman over the word "hoodish" is ridiculous and an open invitation to sue you and again... she'll win because the evidence is right online and screenshots by people like me who wish to help out someone who is being unfairly treated because of your own ridiculously stupid, back-handed racism.

Hoodish is not a racist word - by definition it means uneducated poor person - has zero to do with color.

Have a wonderful day and kindly get a life.

• Ic
    Icy Winter Jul 07, 2020

@Todd McNugget How do we reach you privately Todd

• Ca
    catherine yronwode Apr 12, 2018

Hello, This is catherine yronwode. I hope that anyone who has a complaint against me or my company will take the time to contact us. I would also like to take a moment to get you to think about this site. Not about me -- i am just another small business owner trying to get by in the world -- but about sites like this, and what they offer the viewer.

Everything said here about me (and worse) has also been said at this site about my friends, my associates, my rivals, and even my enemies in the metaphysical industry. We, the makers, suppliers, shop-keepers, and service providers -- are under constant attack here. We are held up to ridicule, defamation, false charges, and humiliation, And the attacks are anonymous.

Furthermore, because this site encourages anonymity, you, the reader, may never know which complaining person is relating a true failure of customer service or human kindness, which complaining person is a vengeful competitor posting anonymous falsehoods in an attempt to ruin the reputation of a rival's business, and which complaining person is obsessed with posting to these complaint sites out of a delusional sense of being victimized.

You may never know if the person who complained about a shop "forgot" to tell you that their credit cards had declined on four purchases in a row and the shop refused to take any further orders from them.

You may never know if the person who complained about a shop had previously made numerous false claims to the shop asking for replacement of "broken items" but would never send a cell phone picture of what was claimed to be broken.

There is no place for shops to complain about criminal customers who charge goods or services to dozens of shops, receive them, and file false credit card chargebacks, claiming that their credit cards were stolen.

There is no place for shops to complain about customers who take a hammer to goods that they received in good shape, claim the goods were broken in transit, and ask for their money back.

This anonymous site certainly does contain legitimate complaints, but in my experience, any company such as mine, in business for 20-plus years, with more than 50, 000 customers in its database, and more than a dozen employees, cannot please everyone on every day. However, given our limitations of time and resources, shop owners such as us do try make things right for those who have legitimate complaints, and i think that we, the small shop owners of America, deserve better than this sort of anonymous trash talk. Please call us and try to work things out. We are not as bad as these sites make us out to be.

Thanks.

Comments

• He
    Herbal Helper May 31, 2018

I have bought some of Cat Yronwode’s books, supplies from Mojo and readings from the site. Both of the readings were from black rootworkers.

One was better than the other, but she wanted $875 to help me keep my job. I had an issue with a coworker and told this lady no thanks. For $875, I could have someone fix her car’s brakes. I just waited it out and prayed, and in the end, I kept my job and caught the troublesome coworker stealing.

The other was rude and crazy. There was a lot of confusion about making the appointment. Then the reader asked me about my marriage, and I opened up about our difficulty conceiving a child. The person told me it would cost money to remove curses: $100 for abortions, $50 for miscarriages and another $100 on top of that for a fertility spell. So, $350 upfront to elevate the lost souls preventing me from conceiving and $100 to hurry that along. I asked if the payments could be broken up, because I was not in a hurry to do the fertility work. But this person got angry that I wouldn’t completely trust them and let them invoice me their full amount.

After much arguing, I got my money back. But this person seemed immature to me. I don’t see how their supposed cultural heritage gives them some kind of spiritual authority to extort money from women who feel guilt over past decisions. This person even mentioned Cat in their anger. “Tell her to get a reading from (Kathy) (sic).” I hope these aren’t the random blacks you’re supposed to befriend to gain accreditation in her hoodoo school.

• Ca
    catherine yronwode Jul 10, 2018

Hi, this is cat again.

Herbal Helper claims that he or she got "readings from the site" and that "both of the readings were from black rootworkers."

Trouble is, our shop doe NOT offer readings. In 25 years, it NEVER has, .

We offer a link to me as a reader (I am Jewish, not Black.)

We offer links to two online directories of readers of whom i am a member -- along with 30-plus other people. Neither of those sites is owned or operated by my shop and i get no cut from the readings or rootwork purchased through those sites. I list those directories because i am a member, for the convenience of my shop customers, that is all.

Nobody i know calls me "Kathy" -- for the simple reason that my name is catherine (with a C) and my nickname is cat (with a C). I have never gone under the name "Kathy" in my life, and the last time anyone called me "Cathy" was around 1960 -- almost 60 years ago. I stopped responding to that name in 1959 and by 1960, everyone i knew had stopped calling me by that name.

Again, i would like to point out that we have no idea if the above complaint was posted by the owner of a rival supply company, a very confused person, or someone who hates me personally. Whoever they are, they are not making much sense.

I would love an apology -- but i know by now that i will not get one. This site just exists to build up bad will against hard-working and well-intentioned small business owners.

If you have trouble with my company, please do phone. We put a lot of effort into hand-crafting products and we have thousands of satisfied clients and customers. We operate a 24/7 forum site, too, where you can reach out and connect with us. It is called the Lucky Mojo Forum and it is free to join and post to. You can create an anonymous account and get in touch with me any time you want.

Best of luck to you all.

• Th
    thatswhatyougetB Nov 14, 2019

Catherine, your a right out scammer! How dare you call Emily Halifax a fake. You and your so called AIRR are the scammers. Karma's a B. Watch and see! LMAO!