Lowe'sRefrigerator / customer service

C May 06, 2020

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator November 2019 from the Lowe's Store in Loganville. The refrigerator had a roaring noise that was driving me crazy, I also purchased the 3 year warranty at the time I purchased refrigerator. The Samsung repair man came out one time and told me it was because I didn't use enough ice and I needed to empty ice dispenser in door ever couple of days. I am 75 years old, had several refrigerators over the year and never had one that roared or never had to empty ice dispenser ever couple days. To same words, I worked with Victor Calderon, manager at Lowe's store in Loganville and after some discussions he agreed to replace the refrigerator. Prior to his agreeing, I went to you store to talk with a manager, at the customer service desk a manager was paged 2 times, never showed up, I went back to appliance department, no one there, went back to customer service desk to ask them to page someone, no one every showed up. I went back to appliance section and press the button that says "If you need assistance, press this button". I probably press close to 50 times, no one every showed up. I was in your store for over an hour and never got to speak to anyone. OK, now Victor agreed to swap out the refrigerator and told me to go to store, pick out a replacement, make picture and send to him. I did and after a short time the refrigerator was delivered. Victor told me if the refrigerator I picked out cost more than the Samsung I would have to pay the difference. I understand but when the LG was delivered and I saw their paper work, I was never given a copy, it appeared to be less than the Samsung, also it had a dent on the right side of refrigerator. The installer asked me if I wanted to keep it and I said I had to have a refrigerator, the Samsung was already at the truck to return, and to be truthful the dent was not that bad for me. I just wanted to get rid of the noise from the Samsung. I have been working from home and I was working at my table next to kitchen. The noise was driving me crazy.
After a week or maybe more, I called Victor about price and the mark down for the damage. He said he was turning over to a lady to work and she would give me a call. She did call, Thursday, 2 weeks ago, and said she would call back on Friday with results. This Friday will be 2 weeks and no call back.
I just spoke with Victor and he wants me to come in store on Saturday to review this transaction. I asked about the 3 year warranty I purchased with the Samsung, was it transferred over to the replacement and he said "NO". That is not right, that is stealing. I don't trust anything coming from his lips, I realize he works for Lowe's but without customers he would not have a job.
I have been a customer with Lowe's for along time, I have purchased refrigerator, stove, microwave washer, dryer, hot water heater, refrigerator for my son, riding lawn mower for another son, washer/dryer and 2 ceiling fans in Feb or Mar for my granddaughter in Mobile, Ala at the Lowers in Mobile. I have purchased ceiling fans for myself, rugs, lamps, storage cabinets for my garage, glass storm doors, an abundance of products. This is no way to treat a customer.

Cherre Mayhue