Key Town From Ashley's Furniturekey town bedroom suite

This was my 2nd purchase from Ashley's Furniture. My hindsight makes me wish it was not! On 8/28/12 I purchased a $6000 bedroom suite from Ashley's in Conroe. I have to admit Kevin the salesman and the staff there were very nice and professional and went above and beyond to help during the sale. I received my furniture as scheduled. The contractors that delivered my furniture that day were less than professional. They forgot the mattress cover and said they would go back and get it and return it immediately, we got that 2 hours later and in the mean time we missed another appointment while waiting for them to bring it to us, when my husband called them and asked them where they were they said they had to do another job and would bring it when they were done with that! REALLY!??? He was not happy and nor was I. When he did bring it he just shoved it in my husband’s hands and walked away! But on with the story... When someone asks me to sign a blank evaluation form I am always leery. They didn't do this once but twice and got upset when I started filling it out and insisted I just sign the form and took it away from me. The furniture I received was inferior to say the least. The mattress had been torn and then restitched, the footboard had flaws in it, the finish on the nightstand was flawed and the mirror was scratched. My husband and I had to even put the lamp’s together we had ordered...not an easy task. I asked myself and them who QC'd this product??? So instead of just returning it all to the store-I accepted it against my better judgment. Remembering the problems I had had with Ashley several years earlier. I should have known better. So I contacted Ashley's CS. They sent out a very nice tech that evaluated the problems. I had found several more issues after I had made the initial call. He documented them and said he would suggest the mirror, footboard and mattress be replaced, he was able to repair the finish on the nightstand. When I called them I told them to use my phone number and not my husbands, who was out of town on business at the time. They continued to call him many times after this. He would tell them to contact me and so it was phone tag from there on out. CS was unable to find my order or understand that it was on 2 separate invoices. It was very confusing. My husband was told that the mattress wasn't going to be replaced since it was not turned in on the original phone call I had made to CS. He was furious, and called me very upset. I called Ashley's CS and did speak to a very nice CS person, I believe his name was Steven and he was able to go to his supervisor and call me back with a solution to my problems. We scheduled a delivery time and I thought we were set, but unfortunately we had a family emergency and had to fly out of town and was not sure when we would return. So I rescheduled the delivery, even after that CS kept calling and trying to schedule deliveries and confirm deliveries that had been cancelled and rescheduled. They continued to call my husband however who was sitting in a hospital with his dying mother and when he got short with them and told them to contact me once again they got ugly to him. He was under and extreme amount of stress and all the CS people were told on several times to contact me and they just kept calling him. So finally the day came when the replacement furniture arrived. I was very glad until they unpacked the furniture. They had a footboard, mirror, mattress and headboard. I told them I didn't request a headboard, but was glad when I looked at it the headboard that they were going to replace mine with looked like it had come from a dump. The holes where it would have connected to the posts were ripped out, it looked like it had water damage and the finish on it was horrible, it was scratched and I was shocked that they would have thought anyone would pay $6000 for this junk. So very carefully I looked at the other 3 pieces and accepted them. When they were putting the footboard on they were tugging and pulling on my frame to the point I thought it was going to break it, they failed to take down the canopy and so in their attempt to replace the footboards the canopy rails fell down striking my nightstand, TV remote and humidor. I just hope they did not warp the rails! So finally they are ready to leave and you guessed it they asked me to sign my paperwork, including a BLANK evaluation/rating form!!! Not once but twice, AFTER I had told them about the first delivery crew asking me to do the same thing and how it was not very professional. (By the way they said they worked directly for Ashley's so this must be company policy???) I was appalled, signed the stupid thing and told them to leave...I was so mad I couldn't see straight. I tried my best to be kind and understanding, but this took the cake! If you would like to hear my first experience with Ashley's I would be glad to tell you that horrible tale as well!!