Kara Gerling, LMHCUnauthorized billing of health insurance

I took my 7 year old son to see Ms. Gerling once during the month of April. After I relocated to north Pinellas in May, I ceased services and began using a counselor in my area. Today, nearly three months later, I received three explanation of benefit letters showing my insurer was billed for three seperate visits during the month of July. Money never came out of my pocket but I suspect submitting a false insurance claim to an insurance company is illegal. Has anyone else had this experience?

• Br
    brfisher Jan 25, 2015

I can tell you from personal experience that the prior reiews on K.Gerling are complete B.S... I have gone to K.G on several occasions and also have brought my 13 yr old daughter and we LOVE her!!! The first time my daughter refused to get outta the car, it took me 15 minutes to get her inside. Kara was wonderful with her. She gave my daughter the option to come back again or not and to my suprise she actually WANTED to go back and see her again... I cant say enough good things about her! I really hope that if anyone is going therw hard times as we all do that you dont pass up a wonderful Therapyst because of B.S reviews!!!
    (Also have NEVER had ANY issues with wait times, availability, billing, or professionalism.)