Jasper Engines / Everett's AutoWarranty replacement of engine

T

On 12/04/04 we purchased a engine from Jasper Engine for a Eagle Talon TSi. It came with a 36 month or 50, 000 mile Parts & Labor warranty. No problem with the motor until 09/07/05 and it started to blow blue smoke and sputter. We took it back to the garage, Everett's Auto and they told me the turbo was bad and needed replaced. That bill was $665 because Everett's said it would be okay for me to buy a used turbo and they would install it. On 5/18/06 the engine started to knock and smoke again. We took it back to the garage and they informed me that the piston walls had scratches and needed to replace the whole motor again. Jasper honored that warranty and it cost $76 dollars for plugs, wires etc. On 06/05/06 this 2nd new motor started to smoke, and use oil. Everett's told me that the turbo that was installed in 05 was bad and he could get a new rebuilt one and install it for $1400. This was my son's car and he went out of town during this time so between 09/05 and 04/08 the car had only 2000 miles on it. In 04/08 the car started to leak oil from the front seal an it had started to knock. Now they are telling me the 2nd motor is bad and the turbo that was put on 06/05/06 is what caused it. They would provided a new motor but refused to pay the garage for labor and I would also have to buy a brand new turbo worth $800 before they would authorize it being installed. Even while this 2nd motor is under warranty they refuse to back up their product. All total I have spent $9000 and still have no working motor.

• Ro
    Ron Glidden Feb 09, 2011

The turbo is not part of a motor when the motor is replaced. I believe your problem is not with Jasper rather self inflicted. You tried to save money by purchasing a used turbo and it bit you. If Everett does not provide a warranty on used parts and informed you of this than that was your roll of the dice and you lost. Man up and quit blaming others for your bad decisions.