Hope Medical InstitutePoor run Institution

M Review updated:

I am a former student. This program is nothing but a waste of money. The schools they are afilliated with are good schools, but they can be accessed via direct admission.

What this program has done is become the middle man, and has forced the school abroad to only accept US students from their program.

They had affiliations in Hungary, but they were not interested in just making this company money and abide by their rules; which were simply make sure the students pay their HMI fee's.

My experience in the new country was great. My experience in dealing with HMI was horrible.

Indian parents, please understand, if you kid is not smart enough to make it to the US schools, and has to or wants to go to medical school might as well send him/her back to India, it's cheaper, and they will learn better.

There are other programs out there as well, they all have their problems.

But the best thing is to avoid HMI for now, there are not short cuts. AS a student you end up studying everything by yourself. You end up paying for the kaplan review course or the pass program.

So why should you pay any fee's for HMI.

Paying the tuition for school is fair, because they will be paying the instructors to teach you. But HMI did nothing and wanted fee's for it.

For Indian Parents: Know that if you send junior from high school they have not matured enough to handle the freedom a place like poland offers. US money is gold there i don't know now that poland is transitioning to euro's

For Indian Students in US: try medical schools here in the states' first, then try St. Georges or even ROss then you can apply for other carribean schools. Then there are other programs other then HMI. and if then you are turned down by other programs you can consider HMI.

But remember "I told you so!!!"

Mr. Patel, you've started a good company, but not good leadership. You have taken my money and simply put it into your pocket.

• Ob
    Objective customer Sep 05, 2020

Totally agree with the negative reviews. Check out the State Attorney of Virginia's web site to get an impression of how bad the company's reputation really is:

• Kr
    Krienberg Productions Mar 22, 2019

I read some lawsuits... Im a little worried I just saw this reviews, Im giving up what I have in America just to go to Medical school, any good things though about them?

• Kr
    Krienberg Productions Mar 22, 2019

Omg I just applied and used HMI, they are by far nice to me and had accommodated me, Im really more concerned of the school in Lublin, Im an American, but please can anybody give me more feed back?

• Th
    Therealdoc Mar 14, 2019

I heard they rig licensure exams in the US against students who refused to pay them. Essentially HMI deliberately sabotages their chance for residency. They pay proctors to change scores or they get these exam companies to scale students to receive lower scores than they deserve. Also they raise scores of the students who pay them but not necessarily earn the scores. Likely this is all through bribery. This was their plan when the international University implemented the NBME exam. HMI decided to use it to their advantage and ruin the futures of students who refused to pay their unnecessary fees after receiving their diploma. They chose to punish you by holding back your career despite your work ethics.

You will notice NBME recently changed their whole website. It hasn't been changed since before I registered back in 2011. Why now am I unable to view all those old exams? What are they hiding? The fact that those scores were unfairly scaled so US exam takers could benefit? To satisfy a corrupt companies need for retaliation? I have been preparing for particular exams I sacrificed years of my life for and thousands in pursuit where US students seem to effortlessly ace after a mere 13 months of study? Why did I get 90s in every practice Uworld exam and then get miserably low scores on their proctored exams almost every time? Strangely, unless their was something super dramatic going on in my life; in which case I actually scored high enough to "pass" it was like I wasn't studying at all based on my "proctored progress." The scores just never improved. Not after 2 months. Not after 6 months. Not even after years of savage and focused studies. Are you kidding me?? These newbie American med students/graduates stutter when discussing clinical knowledge in my presence so what's the deal? It is not supposed to take years to pass a generalized exam when you put in the work. I have never had trouble on a standardized test before medical school. Something is just not right here. And I believe HMI is 100% behind it.

• Hm
    Hmi!! May 25, 2018

Totally agree with the negative reviews. Paying 7500 USD per year for NOTHING is a lot when you are a student. Also agree with the statement about the school being unsafe especially for women. Severe sexual harassment is a part of daily life as well as having other male students actively sabotaging your studies to make sure you don't graduate just because you are not interested in one of them. Groping in overcrowded labs are a part of student life and dare you if you complain about it!!! Then both staff and students will make your life hell...so yes, not the best environment if you take your future, your health and your wellbeing into consideration.

maya moore Apr 05, 2018

I have aids and I am racist against all people of all skin colors

• Hm
    HMIwaste Aug 09, 2014

This was the worst decision I could have ever made regarding my studies and future as a Medical Doctor.
    From Day 1 on campus dealing with the secretaries for the American Program was a hassle.
    NOBODY is there to help you with paperwork or guide you along if you have any questions regarding a road map or guide to preparing for the step, PASSING THE SCHOOLS EXAMS, or preparing for the semester.

It is an extremely UNSAFE school. Every month there are DRUG RAIDS with dogs and undercover police. Students are not expelled nor are they thrown our of the dormitories. Students attend classes drunk, high and unclean. They do not want to take any blood work because they are afraid of their diseases and sicknesses getting out.

The professors are shockingly horrible people, not only as teachers but as human beings.

I would never ever reccomend this school or organization to anybody. The carribean offers much better EVERYTHING (I speak from siblings that are attending Carribean) I atteneded Europe because I thought I would like Europe BEtter vs. Carribean.

Classmates are racsit, and the Indian, Irainian boys are racist against girls, which I hear and see. Teachers do not offer protection and the Dean does nothing to get involved with any theft, rape or sabatouge.

There is no education here. Professors take money, cancel CLASSES after teaching for 2 weeks and students do not complain.

Anybody coming here to study is coming to Party and Travel Europe.

• Ex
    Expose Them! Nov 05, 2012

Total waste of money. Scam in the name of education. Be aware!!! They do not publish the results. Ask one question to HMI before you spend a single penny -"How many student were in final year, a year ago, and how many have passed step one by now with score of 200 and higher?" I am sure that HMI won't give you the answer in writing.

• Ho
    Honest experience opinion Jul 13, 2012

I strongly agree to whatever this person has written about HMI. They truly are frauds, do nothing when the student needs help but always ready with an invoice for you. The men who work there are also not genuine, poor character especially those who visit Poland very often. This company was even in news last year for putting a camera in the ladies toilet. This was done by one of their own employee. There are other foreign schools that one can consider and there is no agency such as this one that would be in between only for their own profit of money. In spite of charging so much money they do not even allow rotations in US without step one. Whereas there are some other schools that allow you to do rotations in US without even taking step 1 exam. This HMI is a scam, does nothing for the students only extract money. If you have no problems spending the money and wish to attend only one of their affiliated schools, only then choose this agency, or else totally skip..skip..skip... Good luck!

anonymous357 Mar 04, 2010

I am a student at a Caribbean school and I am looking into HMI for rotations because they have new york and I am from New york. I was wondering about what you think about their rotations?