Honda City IdsiABSORBER CHANGE UNDER WARRANTY

J

I am driving a Honda City IDSI model and upon changing the tyres, it was found by my mechanic that one of the Absorber ( LH rear side) was malfunction.As my car was warranty for 100, 000km, I manage to get it changed for Free.But not noticing that the Honda service center ( Lee Motors Alor setar Division ) in my hometown Sg Petani, Kedah has only change one of the absorber only.I have consulted a few car specialist outside Honda Service Center that told me that Usually we MUST changed absorber in a pair and not only 1 piece.Please advice if this is true from the Honda's Perspective?
If it is true why was my car not warranty changed for a pair?Is it dangerous or will it affect my tyres if I do not change the absorber in a pair in the long run?

I can be contacted at [protected]

• Da
    Daniel Jun 21, 2008

"Usually" we MUST changed absorber in a pair and not only 1 piece

there is no prosedure to change any components in sets or pair in any workshop manual or engeneering manual.

the damper is to damp the recoil from springs, if its doing its job withen specification/ there is no reson to change in pair. only the defective parts