This review was posted by
a verified customer
Verified customer

I am driving a Honda City IDSI model and upon changing the tyres, it was found by my mechanic that one of the Absorber ( LH rear side) was malfunction.As my car was warranty for 100, 000km, I manage to get it changed for Free.But not noticing that the Honda service center ( Lee Motors Alor setar Division ) in my hometown Sg Petani, Kedah has only change one of the absorber only.I have consulted a few car specialist outside Honda Service Center that told me that Usually we MUST changed absorber in a pair and not only 1 piece.Please advice if this is true from the Honda's Perspective?
If it is true why was my car not warranty changed for a pair?Is it dangerous or will it affect my tyres if I do not change the absorber in a pair in the long run?

I can be contacted at [protected]


  • Da
    Daniel Jun 21, 2008
    This comment was posted by
    a verified customer
    Verified customer

    "Usually" we MUST changed absorber in a pair and not only 1 piece

    there is no prosedure to change any components in sets or pair in any workshop manual or engeneering manual.

    the damper is to damp the recoil from springs, if its doing its job withen specification/ there is no reson to change in pair. only the defective parts

    0 Votes

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions


    Unhappy consumers gather online at and have already logged thousands of complaints.
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues.
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices.
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people.
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem.
    Do a little research on the seller. Visit consumer complaint websites like ComplaintsBoard.