Homeawaythe treatment after leaving

S Jul 08, 2019

I was at this property from 6/29-7/6. While the house was a pleasure to stay in, the owner, Sylvie, tried to accuse of things after we left and refuses to give me my refund. We did not use the washing machine and she is saying it was broken by us and that her staff used it the day of to prepare for us. We never even used it. Also, she complained that things weren't put back in its "original" place. We did not know that we had to roll a television back into the bedroom it was in. She complained about the garbage. Unfortunately, most of our entertaining was on the 4th of July, therefore we missed the first date (nothing to put in it anyways) and there was NO collection on the fourth! We had no choice but to leave it. She complained that the house was messy. We put dishes in the dishwasher to clean, and left the rest for the cleaning crew. We did leave dirty towels on the floor, as we would do for collection in a hotel. I believe a cleaning fee is included in the original amount. Why would we pay for a cleaning crew if I was going to clean the house spotless before I left? What kind of vacation would that be???? She will provide you photos, that I believe were even doctored and exaggerated in order for not to give me my refund. I am extremely disappointed in this treatment and will never, ever use HOME AWAY again if this is not rectified and my refund is not given back. I am very weary now of how I will be treated after I leave a property. Also, I left her a nice review and she did not leave a nice review for me, which may affect my future abilities anyways. At best, I want my review removed immediately. I am so disappointed! Please respond.