Menu
Home Hotels Hilton Garden Inn Management
C
Author of the complaint
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Grant, Stiemke, General Manager

Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport

Randy Terry, Guest Services Manager

Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport

4-11-22 Arrived at Hilton Garden Inn, Charleston, SC Airport… for a much-needed break!

• Not a pleasant experience! I checked in before 2 pm and had the rest of the day/night before I catch the shuttle tomorrow at noon. Looking forward to some time alone. Got to my room and settled in. Turned on the TV, but it was a real struggle… didn’t work properly…tried flipping channels, but was unable to do that. Finally called maintenance and the nicest guy, Eric, came to help. He couldn’t get it to work either… he struggled for a while then got a new remote. Then he realized he needed a screwdriver to put in the batteries. He had to go back down again to get the batteries. The new remote wasn’t any better. We both realized together it was the unsmart TV! It was like going back to the ’60s. The only way to get a channel lineup was to press 2, then you had to Wait for it to scroll through 69 channels! Unfreaking-believable. The only way to see what you wanted to watch was to wait for the actual time for that show to start then put in that number on the remote! If you haven’t experienced this, you wouldn’t believe it! The door to my room was so bad I had to body slam it to get it. to close! The poor man who brought my luggage struggled about 4 times to get it to close and lock! It has to be slammed or it won't lock!

Then I was ready for a bite to eat so I walked to Wendy’s next door for dinner… but the door was locked, and the drive-through was open? I walked around the building to find another door that was open, but there weren’t any. so I walked through the drive-up window and they refused to take my order! They said they were “unable to serve walk in’s”. Wow… can this get any worse?

• I returned to the hotel and decided to look at their menu. Several men were at a few tables and there was one gal (I think Ava) waitressing the bar AND the restaurant. She finally came to get my order so I ordered a burger and fries and a diet coke. I waited and waited there patiently because she was doing her best trying to serve every one all by herself... and One Hour and 30 minutes LATER I received an almost warm burger, with unmelted cheese, a few sprinkles of onion, a bit of ketchup, no pickles, but did get fries. I never got my diet coke, so I had to pay for one at the Concierge! OH MY GOSH! I thought I was at a Hilton Garden Inn?

• I will be submitting this to several people including online. This should be an embarrassment to the Board of the Hilton Garden Inns! Are they all like this? Is it just Charleston? The restaurant being understaffed is an understatement… one waitress to take care of the bar, plus the food for the restaurant too? One cook to serve all food in the hotel plus the restaurant? Wow, I can't wait for breakfast! : (: (: (: (

More Hilton Garden Inn complaints & reviews