HARP LOan ModificationsLoan modification

J

I am very untrusting and fearful of this process and have called
to initiate the HARP process on our own severe condition however
the intial phone calls are crazy. I'm talking to the wrong people
who don't want to work the process and respond with information
which doesn't have anything to do with what I'm wanting to do
which is commence a HARP modification. I want to ask "What am
I doing wrong here" and the solutions appears to be calling Wells
Fargo in the first place. I've contacted my DC senators and representatives. What next? They also haven't responded.

Christina DM Dec 15, 2011

Ditto here. I started applying for HARP in August 2011 through Bank of America. Our experience mirrors almost exactly like Renee's (posted 3/29/2010), I was finally denied help through the program in November 2011 because B of A claimed to have lost my phone number so they couldn't inform me of a certain document being missing from my file.

• Je
    Jereener Jun 11, 2011

I got another phone call from Paul Burns our "mortgage protector" and left it in recording. Then I got another Fedex home delivery with a request for more information which has already been acknowledged by Mr. Burns and Michael Schlueter the Written Customer Contact person...God I want to laugh but don't want to miss Wells Fargo being closed down. So I fired a e-mail thru customer service (record keeping) which reads. "For Paul Burns and Michael Schlueter (Written Customer Contact) Yet another request for information you already have and have acknowledged having. Asking for timely information repeatedly is not timely information. You have been asked to respond to me without asking for further information which you have acknowledged receiving. You are delaying my HAMP modification putting my wife and I further in jeapordy. Please have your legal department notify me as to why Wells Fargo Mortgage cannot perform as promised and agreed. At your earliest convenience." Let me see if I can get a name from the legal department so I can build a group of witnesses. Wells is continuing to create the problem with disception. One of my senatorial representatives seems pro-banks with the response that the banks have repaid their TARP loans...What the hell does that have to do with this condition I don't know.

• Ji
    Jim Wade Mar 10, 2011

Unfortunately it is a very similar story for us. Resend paperwork over and over for months, with final result being a denial for not providing required paperwork. No personal contact, just a letter of denial which doesn't specifically identify what they didn't receive. They hold all the cards and the consumer has no recourse. I think the HARP program has proven to be a dismal failure, other than exposing the deceitful and greedy practices of the nations banks, especially Bank of America and Wells Fargo. Obama put this in place. Why isn't there any accountability for the banks by our Federal government? So maddening.