Greystone Power, GA ā€” High Deposit Fee

I am moving to Georgia in a week and research to see the electric company in the area I am moving to, and it is Greystone Power. They have asked for a deposit of over $390.00! That is outrageous! I have searched the Internet and the highest deposit I saw was a person who posted their deposit was $600.00! What in the world is going on in Georgia. A reasonable deposit up to $150.00 would be understandable. I also, found complaints of consumer's electric bill doubling after using less or the same amount of electricity, and, there are complaints of the power always going out. The consumers have no choice if they live in an area that Georgia Power does not service. I understand they look at your credit, but, electricity is the main utility anyone uses, and that is one of the first, if not the first, bill you pay after the mortgage. I have lived in Dallas, TX (were the electricity is deregulated) and Chicago, IL and both areas have good electricity rates and NO OUTRAGE DEPOSITS. I bet you there is some money going into a/some politicians pockets to allow Greystone Power to charge very high deposit fees and the CEO of the company is sitting back grinning in his or her mansion. I hope the electric bill will not be equal to mortgage.

• Lo
    Lonfx Jul 02, 2018

MyGreystone Power, GA ā€” High Deposit Fee parents have had the same Greystone Power account for many many years never having late charges or cut off. They are on a fixed income and barely get by. Last month due to an illness there power was cut off for about 3 hours. I understand late fees & reconnect fees, but the next bill came & they are demanding fees plus a $350 deposit. Thats for their first mistake in 30 plus years!!! What the hell??? Way to care about your customers Greystone.
    We in Ga. really need our Electric Companys deregulated instead of these Monopolies being able to stick it to you however they please. We need competition and choices to bring companies like this back to reality.

By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Boardā€™s Terms and Conditions