Green Leaf ModifyDo not Perform

D

We started with Green Leaf back in December 2008 - gave Damon Carriger $3500 and he stated the remod would be done 90 days max...Well here we are and it is May 2009 (5 months later) and nothing!!! Our file has been touched by Paul Bain, Damon Carriger, Alex Assassi, Bobby Badkoubei, and now we have a new person because Bobby is no longer with the company...something is seriously wrong when a file gets passed around and no headway is EVER MADE and these people have the nerve to say that they have "fulfiled their agreement in pursuing loan remod"...I am in the process of filing a complaint with the Real Estate Board and probably go further with charges of "false advertising" On top of this I get an answer from Paul Bain who is supposed to be "manager" that we have to be patient!!! and they will get it done!!! I will list each and every name in my complaint to the RE Board. I have had to resubmit my paperwork THREE TIMES TO THIS OFFICE and they dont see a problem !!! They also tell you not to talk to Countrywide or whoever your lender is. Dont do business with these people - very unprofessional and the only thing they are good at is: DOUBLE TALKING

• Se
    serialmom12 Jun 05, 2009

Yes they are terrible. I've been dealing with them since December, Damon Carriger. He called me 10 times a day to get me to go with Greenleaf and now that I'm trying to get a status on the modification in JUNE, he won't return any calls. You can't speak to a person it's impossible, no one knows anything.
    I gave them 3250, I never paid in full thank god. If they don't either get my loan modified or give me my money back, I'll be on the first plane to Santa Ana camping out at their doorstep until they do.
    I'll probably lose my home due to these imcompetant idiots...I've reported them to the BBB and they never respond.
    Don't use these scammers!!!

diane turner Jun 05, 2009

Damon came out "personally" to my house here and picked up the paperwork and naturally the check! And the check was the only piece of paper they never did lose!!! Damon is like the "goodwill ambassador" he sounds very knowledgeable in the beginning but then once they have secured the money - no one wants to talk to you much less give you any information on your own file. They never live up to the contract which is to give you "accounting" of where your file is. I have hired an attorney and will take them to court - of course my attorney will get half but that is fine - Personally i would rather come out with half than nothing and allow these people to keep conducting business!! Where are u located? I am in North County... Maybe we should all form an alliance to dismantle their scam

diane turner Jun 06, 2009

Serialmom12: I relayed your information to my atty: Paul Molinaro and he is okay with you providing him with any information and joining with us against Greenleaf Please tell him it is reply to "my" complaint with Greenleaf and you are following thru: His email addy: [protected]@loanlaw.net his name is Paul Molinaro let me know when you contact him

• Ca
    CarolD Jun 08, 2009

I have to agree with all these comments. I have submitted my paperwork twice in the past 2 months, and my file has been passed through 4 people already. I called the other day and was told my person doesn't work there anymore. This is the second person that is "no longer there". When I complained to the receptionist, she hung up on me twice! I am completely discouraged at this point. I should have just let it foreclose...

diane turner Jun 08, 2009

Hi Carol: We all here are totally committed to getting answers from Greenleaf so if you would want to submit your suit to the atty that i have looking into mine feel free to do so . He states the more people we can gather up the better it will be for all. The atty name is paul molinaro his email addy is [protected]@loanlaw.net

Let me know what you decide to do

sammy76 Jun 10, 2009

this company is sooo bad my story is ditto of dianes, i dealt with jerry jendrian and paul bain, there working on it, when it comes to getting my money back they refer to there contract which was sold under false pretenses as a company owned by refi soup. but forget they missed there deadline . full company is scam weather this shift supervisor paul sends my money or not i am gathering all my info and copies and sending to all the local news stations, nbc, abc, cbs, 60 minutes, dateline, ect plus the AG's office and the DRE . they have not done one thing including calling the lender, and when i want my money back after the contract expires paulie has the nerve to tell me i voided the contract by calling the lender, he is a very unethical businessman, do yourself a favor and cxall your bank you will have 4000 extra to bargain with

sammy suminski
    vero beach fl

• Ki
    Kim Jun 17, 2009

This is all so depressing. It makes me just want to cry because my family thought our prayers had been answered. When I first talked to Chris Campbell about doing this I said how do I know if this is a scam or not? He promised me him or the attorney named Kurt Elkins would not risk their licenses over a scam well guess what??? I GOT SCAMMED!! I don't know what to do now. I live all the way in Ohio. I feel like I am just out $2900 for nothing. The sad thing is my aunt gave me that money to help us save our home. I complained with the BBB too but I feel like that is not going to fix anything.

• Te
    Telder Jun 18, 2009

My husband & I are in the same situation. We sent everything over to Green Leaf at the end of January 2009 & are still waiting for something to happen. When I send an e-mail to Green Leaf, I never get an answer, it's always "your negotiator will call you back." My negotiator is Sue Mehta - she is unpleasant to say the least. I spoke with her 1 time & she had such an attitude it was unbeleivable. My mortgage company is Country Wide. They were hounding me with phone calls & I told them that I was in a loan modification request & they said that they didn't show any updates regarding this on my accounts. That's when I spoke with Sue. She did call CountryWide - that was 4/5 & nothing has changed since then. They were all about helping until they received their payment in full & now they could care less. I have numerous e-mails that have gone unanswered - the replys I do get are "we are just waiting for your mortgage company". If they are waiting for the mortgage company & CountryWide is waiting for them & my husband & I are waiting for both of them - it's a vicious circle of not a damn thing going to happen. I asked them if they were supposed to be negotiating with my mortgage company, how come they were always waiting - what were they waiting for if they never contacted them. Their answer was we sent the letter to them & now we are waiting for them to come back with an offer. I don't know how this company operates, but if I am trying to get something resolved, I would keep contacting the source until I have reached an agreement. Sounds reasonable, right??I was also told in the very beginning that if they could not get this modification done, that they had a money back gurantee - that NO other company offered this. This was the selling tactic used by Michael Friebrun when he was convinving me they were the best company to use to get this done. I even tried to find any negative reports on this company & came back empty handed. So, I took the chance & I am exactly where I was afraid I could end up...Now their logo is US Home owners Releif...Is this because they are scammers & had to use another name to continue doing fraudulant business??? What do we do now??

• Pa
    pato726 Jun 20, 2009

My story is exactly the same as the above. One question. Has anyone
    ever recieved any money back? I have actually been to their office three of four times. Very disappointing, I knew when I walked up to the office it was a scam. Damon asked me if I was there for the sales position before he knew who I was. I could go on and on with my story, lets just say I paid in full and got scammed. I am trying to get some money back - but not looking good. All of them are scammer . Damon, Sue Meta, the receptionist, Paul Bain, Mike Esterholt, Jennifer in the accounting department. I am ready to take legal action to stop these scammers.

• Ls
    lshow Jun 24, 2009

I'm FREAKIN' out! I have just paid in full and thought that this company was legit. I had a friend that used them and they did their homework on this company and assured me they would be able to help. I don't know how long is too late to wait now. Should I just contact my loan company and try to refi. with them?? I wish there really was someone out there that could help me! What do I do? Is there anybody that this company has helped????????? Please, I can't lose my home!

diane turner Jun 24, 2009

1show: if your friend used them what were the results on that? I dont know if ALL GreenLeaf location operations are legit...We are dealing with the GreenLeaf out of Santa Ana, CA who now refer to themselves as US Homeowners Relief so sounds like they "hide" behind company names Please refer to my posting about contacting the atty here in CA that is looking at a possibility of an action suit if need be. He seems to be getting an uproar from them so hopefully they see they are now being looked at. Call him or email him and see what he can do for you...

radman78 Jun 26, 2009

Same story here. I have an actually email asking them to state that we will get every cent back should our loan modification not go through. I have sent an email to [protected]@loanlaw.net. Hopefully they respond and ask for this email as evidence against these ###.

diane turner Jun 26, 2009

Hi Radman are you here in California?? The question is Are you getting results from GreenLeaf? I think the longer this goes on - the more people we are finding like us that are still waiting for them to fulfil their contract

radman78 Jun 26, 2009

Yes, here in CA. No results. I have been to their offices several times but get a different person shielding Paul Bain who seems to be the head of this scam, or at least the head at their Irvine facility.

• Ba
    barwari Jun 26, 2009

Hi people, it takes time to get the modification done, its not that easy. This compnay as millions of cases that they go through every months. I paid 2, 900 and with in 90 days they modfiy my loan just the way i wanted. All im saying is hang in there and Green leafy will do what it takes.

If you have any questions please email me at [protected]@hotmail.com

Thanks, and good luck to all

• Lu
    lucina Jun 27, 2009

Thank you all for your stories. Diane Thank you especially for all you are doing to help these people. I was just about to pony up the 3500.00 to US homeowners relief when I found your complaint, Paul Bain owns this one.
    I have now backed out of it. So again I thank you all for taking the time to right these complaints and prevent others from going through the same horrible scenario you all are going through. My prayer are with you all that you are able to settle this and not loose your homes.

diane turner Jul 02, 2009

To all here on the site: My lawyer just contacted me to let me know that we have received our refund money back from Greenleaf... Having said that - I do have to acknowledge that they did not they meet their contract agreement of performing within 90 days and would not listen to me asking for a refund as promised through damon carriger. I thank my atty for making them aware of the way my file was being mishandled.

Just a suggestion: If they tell you it is 100% refundable if they cant perform the remod - GET IT IN WRITING .

radman78 Jul 03, 2009

That is great to hear Diane. Would you mind asking your lawyer how he/she did it? I have an email where they confirm I will get me money back (every penny), but I cannot get through to Paul Bain. I have even gone in person multiple times.

Jayne Jul 06, 2009

I am currently reviewing paperwork sent to me by US Home Owners Relief out of Irvine, CA. Sounds like the new name for Greenleaf. I was checking them out to see how reputable they were and sounds like I might be avoiding a problem. I think I'll look for something local in Florida. Has anyone had success with any other companies? Thanks

diane turner Jul 06, 2009

RADMAN78: My atty wrote a letter detailing the violations as such ... i asked personally before i hired my atty for my money to be refunded and got absolutely nowhere with Bain or anyone else there - Only when i brought an atty into the picture did i get a response !!!

diane turner Jul 06, 2009

what does your research for US Homeowners show or tell you Jayne? and yes i think they are using US as their New name but i think they still operate under Greenleaf to some extent - It depends also on their contract...does the contract now state US Homeowners or Greenleaf Modify...????

Jayne Jul 06, 2009

It states US Home Owners Relief. I spoke with an attorney and let him read the contract. He said that the most up-front money they should be asking for is $470. He told me not to send any money to this company.

diane turner Jul 06, 2009

My contact stated Greenleaf throughout and whatever your atty suggests that is what i would do ...

• De
    deliveredbyHim Jul 07, 2009

Diane,
    Do you or your atty know a modification company that you would recommend? I just my paperwork from US Homeowners Inc. (only peice of paper that mentioned Green Leaf Modify was their testimonial page). My wife and I qualify for a modification, but don't know who to trust.
    Thanks,
    Ken

diane turner Jul 07, 2009

Actually unless you are in foreclosure, it is my understanding (as what i am now doing) that you can contact your lender yourself and proceed just as efficiently ...I have submitted by paperwork to my own lender now myself ... what state are you in ? It is suggested that any remod company be thoroughly checked out (get references and contact them) just dont take the word of the company - That is what Greenleaf did to us - they mentioned that they basically could work "wonders" because of their working relationship with the lenders and personally we never saw any headway and we waited for over 5 months !!! Just do your homework !!!

If you are in Calif you might want to contact the atty that i did use to secure my refund: Paul Molinaro
    email addy is [protected]@loanlaw.net

• Lj
    LJoyce Jul 18, 2009

OMG! after reading all the comments I'm freaking out!! My story is the same as all of you.
    Here I am 5 months later with no results!!! I too did the "check on status" via email, phone calls and I get the same run around we are waiting on your lender. My lender is Aurora Loan. I too was told not to contact my lender well I did...asking them what the delay was. Some paper work was needed I faxed her the documents she needed. Here I still wait! I wish I too would of seen how the double play on words was from Green Leaf. I had Chris Campbell calling me with persistancy...after 1.5hr on the phone with him and doing some online research it seemed to be a NEW but legit company. Well now I will be getting ugly on them I will call again...this time it won't be nice. Thank you all for posting your comments I don't feel alone-Leslie in Denver, CO

• St
    Stavros Jul 23, 2009

GREENLEAF FALSELY REPRESENTS THEMSELVES - THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A PROCESSOR!!!
    Make no mistake, Greenleaf Modify is a SCAMMER. If you've given them money you made a big mistake. They have $1750.00 of my money; trust me if, if it takes me the rest of my life I'm going to get it back. Greenleaf Modify is now called US Homeowners Relief. I suspect they changed their name because of negativity. Up front they do processing similar to loan processing. In so doing they file your claim with the lender and that IS IT. Seriously, THAT IS IT! I have learned the hard way that there is no negotiating NOTHING! They cannot give you updates because there isn't anything to update. That's becuase, in most cases, lenders are behind and are dealing with the hottest cases first. Those are usually the cases that have reached the foreclosure stage and a sale date is established. Even at this point the lender's home retention agent assigned to your case is going to make the offer directly to you. There is no interraction between GL's so called negotiator and your lender. NONE. My home was originally assigned a sale date of June 22nd. I called GL right up to the date and was unable to get any answer that my sale date had been post poned. By a stroke of luck around that time my lender happened to call the house and (that time) I took their call. They told me everything I needed to know. Everything that I was trying to get from GL I got from my lender over the phone. Keep in mind, my loan was originally with Countrywide who is now owned and operated by BofA. I have found BofA to be night and day compared to the CW days. I learned that my sale date was post poned, who my retention person was assigned to my loan, and as current a status as possible. It's July 23rd and I still can't get GL to tell me the status of the sale date on my house. I've sent angry letters to their owner (Owner Paul Bain), I've lost it over the phone with whoever I could get on the line to help, I've even showed up at their door step twice. During my last visit I finally got it. They are simply full of ###. Whatever deal you get has nothing to do with anything GL does for you. They are not going to influence the outcome in any way shape or form. If you really need a good negotiator your going to have to hire a lawyer; even then there are no guarantees.

diane turner Jul 24, 2009

stavros i was able to get my refund but only thru going to an atty who threatened to take it to court /... he cited so many violations in his letter to them - GL did refund my money ... so that would be my advice to you - if you want to use an atty that can do the job (Paul Molinaro in Corona, Calif) ... He sent a letter to each and everyone that was ever involved in handling my information from damon carriger to paul bain to sara ortiz to bobby bodkobei the list goes on and on ... And the check came from US Homeowners - not from GreenLeaf... That is why i started this complaint was to make people aware of exactly what you and so many others are complaining about... Please also file your complaint with the D.A. 's office as well...

• Je
    Jenni2009 Aug 17, 2009

I too was taken by Green leaf Modify/US homeowners relief. The company was really fast with wanting my paperwork and the check for $2950.00. I started this loan modification in January of 2009 and now 8 months later I have nothing(except higher debt). I was denied the loan modification and now I am out the money. I tried many times to get through to US homeowners relief, but no one seems to answer the phone. I was even able to get Paul Bain's personnal cell number and still could not get him to answer his phone or get a call back. I have made numerous complaints to the Better Business Bureau, The Federal Trade Commision and State Bar of California. I am now taking Paul Bain to small claims court in September 2009 to try and get my money back. Not sure if that will happen, but at least I know I tried my best. Paul Bain is ###. He should be ashamed of himself and his employees for taking advantage of hard working people who are just trying to make a living and keep the home they love!

diane turner Aug 17, 2009

Check your contract !! They are supposed to follow STEPS and give you an accounting of your funds !! And naturally the guarantee of refunding your money is NOT in the contract but only a sales pitch which really sounds good. My advice is check the contract or take it to an atty and have him go over it

diane turner Aug 17, 2009

Also i have sent information to the DRE reporting this business so hopefully what i have brought forward to the attention of others will help everyone

• Je
    Jenni2009 Aug 17, 2009

Hi Diane,
    I am taking Greenleaf to small claims court and I was wondering, I am sure everyone signed the same contract, but did you basically get your money back by claiming that Greeleaf did not perform in the 90 days as stated in the contract?
    I was told I would get a refund if I did not get the modifaction, which I did not, but I was hopping that I could use the fact that Greenleaf did not hold to the 90 days as stated.
    Also, How long did it take you, once you got a attorney to receive your refund?

• I use to work for US Homeowners Relief as a "representative" that answers the phone and sell their service. I KNOW what goes on in that company and what they do and say. I GOT FIRED because I was referring potential clients OUTside of US homeowners relief to a law firm with an attorney that has an excellent background and qualifications. The reason why I referred them out is because of the fact that I knew US Home Owners Relief wasn't doing anything for homeowners but just taking their money. Their main objective is to collect as many checks as possible. Whatever it takes, and not overall "help" homeowners get the relief they are looking for. SO many people I have heard lost their home because of their poor service. I know a guy who promises homeowners 2% on a 30 year fixed all day long which is illegal and lies. Anyone who quotes you a rate is illegal and a red flag for a scam and promises you everything in the world. Those TV commericials you homeowners call in, just because you watch a TV commercial, doesnt mean you're getting a legit service because ultimately it's the "person" behind the phones and the company you have to becareful of. How do you know if you are working with someone that is an ex convict who robbed a store? You don't know.

There is a reason why US Homeowners Relief has a "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau with ALL KINDS OF COMPLAINTS and negative reports. Do your research about them and you find alot of hidden things you didn't know about. They got so much bad press about their old company GREEN LEAF modify that they had to change it to US Homeowners Relief. Don't let them scam you in any way. This is a warning from a former employee by the name of Simon Lim. I am more than happy to help you and do it the right way. I left on bad terms with the owner for getting caught referring people out to a law firm that really helps and does a great job for people then having my potential clients screwed over. Please be aware of companies like US Homeowners Relief ripping people off. These are the company's I do not wish to work for and that is the reason why I got fired. I have morals and I cant ever put a homeowner especially with kids in a situation where they lose their home or get scammed for money..Dont get me wrong, they do loan modifications but majority of them arent getting done OR there not the best results you can get. I saw one agreement that had a $50 dollar payment reduction. That wasn't going to help the home owner at all and most likely lose their home.

I now work for a prestigious law firm and credible attorney inhouse that has absolutely NO complaints, no negative reports, clean record with an excellent track record of helping homeowners get loan modifications. I CAN SHOW YOU PROOF once you contact me. My law group and attorney has an A rating with the BBB with a clean attorney license with no negative reports. We must be doing something right if we have an A rating with the BBB for a long time especially when anything can trigger a sensitive homeowner from filing a complaint. All of our clients are taken care of.

Please feel free to contact me if ANYONE needs help or have any questions or concerns [protected]@gmail.com... Thanks and God Bless everyone

diane turner Aug 28, 2009

Mr Ex employee: Even though you are explaining the company - we know that the company has frauded many of us - it definitely does not give any of us a "warm fuzzy feeling" even knowing that you worked for them anyways ... After being there and done that already it is quite obvious how they choose to conduct business !!
    My suggestion for you to do the RIGHT THING IS TO FILE WITH THE DISTRICT ATTY'S OFFICE because you were in the MIX of it all !!!

• Mi
    Mike Cummings Sep 02, 2009

Mike Cummings of Georgia.I will not bore everyone by repeating all that has been said already.My story is exactly like all the bad stories on here, same name same line of bull!!! I also have an attorney working on this.Its been 9 months since i began this mess! do not trust these people!!!

diane turner Sep 02, 2009

Thanks Mike for commenting: I am sure you will let friends and family know as well... My attorney was able to secure my money back so good luck with yours !!!

• Dr
    Drowningindebt Sep 24, 2009

I am in the same boat, my story started in Oct of 2008 submitting & re submitting the same information, and to date nothing has be done. Since I have been dealing with them they have moved once & now changed their name to American Financial Law Group ( I guess that is supposed to make us think thay are a group of lawyers) They don't even have an operator that answers the phone anymore..it just goes to a general voice mail box and every extention I dial does the same.. I think they are just a shell company now, stealing our money... I just don't know what to do anymore. Help !

• Co
    COMPL PAUL BAIN Sep 28, 2009

Greenleaf Modify now US Home Owners Relief is a complete scam!

Paul Bain (personal cell # [protected]) and David Sarpas (personal cell # [protected]) are the owners/principals of the company. They are a complete scam, not to be trusted. They take your money and sit on your file, never contacting the lender or going through with negotiations. They illegally take money upfront for individuals who are in NOD, they do not have an attorney, the money is NEVER deposited in to a trust account and their negotiators are incompetent to say the least...Complete ###S and IDIOTS would be more like it. They do not use an attorney, Kurt Elkins is just a pawn in this scam.

The main person responsible is PAUL BAIN [protected] and DAVID SARPAS [protected]. They should both be brought to justice!!!

• US HOME OWNERS RELIEF IS NOW KNOWN AS WAYPOINTLAWGROUP

diane turner Nov 14, 2009

Agree totally - Submit a complaint to the District Atty and name them...the DA only has to see the number of people that have come forward since i started my thread here complaining about them. One of my main concerns was that mypersonal check never went to the Wells Fargo Trust Acct which is where they said my funds would be placed until the remod was done. My personal check had only gone thru WAMU which i am assuming was Damon's personal bank !! I am always willing to join in any effort made to dismantle these people. My atty Paul Molinaro (who successfully got my money refunded) wrote a letter naming each person that had "touched" my file as being liable even Kurt Elkins. The one thing that stood out was that Kurt Elkins never ever spoke to me and this was what my atty found very curious indeed.