Menu

Great Date Now review: Scam

Author of the complaint
2:35 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Save your $2500 and select another dating/introduction service. The matchmaker from the Morristown office, Kim Catambalta was a scam artist. She misrepresented the service provided describing it as "personalized" meanwhile once you join you're pawned off onto an assistant matchmaker who is really a glorified receptionist. There was never any follow through and once you pay there doesn't seem to be any motivation on their part to make good on what they describe. The asst match maker left suddenly and then the matchmaker herself disappeared. I found this out only by calling the office and speaking to the new person who lasted all of 3 weeks. All of the advertising this service has done is a bunch of hooey. Again save your money. The Englewood Cliffs office has a BBB claim filed against it that has yet to be answered. Seems like they have problems honoring their contracts.

More Great Date Now complaints & reviews

Great Date Now - Great Date Now is a TOTAL SCAM
46 comments

Gary Ferone lost his case in court but claimed "bankruptcy". So, none of us have received a nickel back. If you know anything, please write to the current Attorney General and tell him your suspicions. Write me at [email protected]
if you hear of anything...Thanks for the post!

Nov 12, 2010 2:01 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I see that _someone_ has returned to putting up "anonymous" signs for a singles business on Westchester roads - e.g., Westchester Avenue between White Plains and Rye Brook, and the Post Road between Rye and Port Chester. These signs read "Single? PortChesterSingles.com". I wonder if Mr. Ferone is in on this business again?

Has anyone else seen a re-currence of these signs? If so please inform us of the URLs and where you find the signs.

I hope it is clear to anyone and everyoen that if you are dealing with a company that put s anonymous signs on the side of the road, leading yo to an anonymous website (there is no contact information, and the business is not even named), that chances are, you're going to get ripped off -legitimate businesses follow laws and tell you who you are dealing with.

I agree that there is a need for dating services for busy professionals. As a current client of VALENTI INTERNATIONAL who charges you a six-figure fee for exquisite introductions, I can tell you to do your homework before writing a check. Valenti is a FRAUD! they only introduce you to 2 to 3 matches per year in their 3 year contract which is the statue of limitation for suing a company. They do not offer personalized and live coaching like they state. All feedback has to be submitted online no exceptions. And every time you call in to speak to one of the psychologists, they question why? Oh and their concierge service is nothing but a blind date service where they set the place/time/day and you better pray your out of town date doesn't have a delay at the airport or any other unforseen circumstance because you will be stuck with all the travel costs and another date for traveling again. Do you homework and research their competitors who perhaps can offer you more dates and better service

I
Jan 27, 2010 9:15 pm EST

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it horribly ironic that on a thread complaining about overpaying a matchmaker, that the flash advertisement at the top of the page is for Valenti International... a matchmaking service that charges upwards of 25K for a membership? LOL Scary stuff.

It should be noted that only New York State has the policy of $1000 maximums for dating contracts. In other states, a service can charge whatever they see fit. Just the same way that a customer can choose to pay the fee or not pay it.

I suppose that every consumer will have a different opinion about this topic, but I assume just as many people have opinions after they buy a car that doesn't live up to expectations, purchase a beach vacation where it rains every day or pay for a college education and still can't land a job in their field of study. Some choose to believe that it just wasn't meant to be, and some decide to cry foul and point the blame finger. Either way, we are the ones who chose to invest. Investments, by definition, have an element of risk. Some reap rewards, others lose their shirts.

Regardless, it seems that Gary Ferone knew the NY law and chose to ignore it. THAT is why these disgruntled clients have a voice. In this case, a law was broken.

Now its up to the courts to determine how much Mr. Ferone will be fined this time. However, from the article references posted here, it seems that Mr. Ferone is no stranger to court appearances, fines and orders of restitution. Unfortunately, as with those duped in Ferone's SEC swindle, its likely these overcharged matchmaking clients will never see a dime. Chalk another one up for creative bookkeeping.

It would seem to all those lovely ladies out there that are using a dating service that the reason you are getting matched up with losers and not "Top Executive" is because you do not posses any qualities that a top executive wants. Yea they have a great database with great clients but if YOU suck and no one wants to date a person who has your qualities you're are going to be matched up with the loser that you are. Get over it. And the matchmakers telling you that you need to approve you physical appearance - COMMON People - you are at a dating service - obviously you can't do it by yourself - TAKE THE ADVICE! Stop trying to screw someone who was trying to help your pathetic lives.

Oct 07, 2009 10:41 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Look at this ad they are placing for a "Sales person/Matchmaker" - it is clear that you don't have to have ANY experience to be a matchmaker for them - just good at sales:

Meet Over Drinks Matchmaking, with 10 locations throughout New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia and Connecticut, is seeking a STRONG SALES PERSON/MATCHMAKER for their PHILADELPHIA office location.

Rapid growth in our service requires top closers with an energetic outgoing personality. If you have what it takes to be the area's best matchmaker, we should talk. If you have experience in health clubs, diet centers or media sales, you may be the perfect fit. Other great fits include professionals with a psychology background, promotions experience or experienced recruiters.

If you have the desire to create dynamic relationships while growing a truly rewarding income in a service oriented business, then this opportunity is for you. We have ten great locations and continue to grow with new locations opening every year.

If you feel you are a great fit for this position, please respond by email to this ad or fax your resume to [protected], subject header: PA Matchmaker.

We look forward to hearing from you and hope you will visit us at www.MeetOverDrinks.com to find out more about our great services.

We need to put together a class action and put these guys out of business.
I also have contacted a lawyer. If you want to contact me, email me at [email protected]

Aug 25, 2009 2:33 pm EDT

This company is a SCAM. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and will talk to a lawyer as well. I am furious that they are ripping off vulnerable people.

May 21, 2009 2:10 pm EDT

### great date now and gary ferone. there all fake as hell and are turning there name to " meet over drinks ". ya'll should google " GARY FERONE- inside trading".. see what kind of debt he's REALLY in, before spending your 10, 000 for a " perfect match "

May 15, 2009 3:57 pm EDT

Great Date Now has done nothing but be a help to me. I signed up with them in June of 2008. After meeting 3 men who were nice but just not for me, they introduced me to my fiance. While we have been together for a little under a year, I continue to keep in contact with my matchmaker and assistant matchmaker to refer single friends and have a fantastic working business relationship with them. I am a NJ based client and can offer NOTHING but positive reviews. As for those who have posted their uunhappiness and negative experiences. Did you ever stop to think that maybe you have unrealistic expectations and are the problem? In ANY business there will always be unhappy people. There are people out there that are just so jaded and negative that if prince charming walked up and smacked them in the face, they wouldn't even realize it.

Grow up !

Apr 29, 2009 9:11 pm EDT

Great Date is beyond a total scam..They take your money and you never hear from your "matchmaker" again. You have to keep calling and the secretaries then give you your next match...However, these usually never materialize. I went on three dates in the last 2 years and the guys were not at all what I requested!
BEWARE...GREAT DATE IS CHANGING THEIR NAME TO MEET OVER DRINKS AS THERE ARE SO MANY COMPLAINTS. STAY AWAY FROM THE LONG ISLAND OFFICES!

Jan 23, 2009 11:48 am EST

Well I signed with Catherine Ginter well over a month ago for $10, 000 and still have not received a match. Whenever I call the Manhattan office she is never there, let alone making matches. Her Assistant is very gracious and accommodating, however, always tells me she is not in when I call. I don't know if she dodges her calls but with no disrespect, whomever is writing her positive comments must be trying to back her out of her negative one's. I happen to feel the same exact way about my experience as some do and believe to have paid way too much money to be ignored. I wanted to believe in her because I wanted this so badly but knew there was a vibe about her that was simply phony and not genuine. I felt there was a hidden agenda with her and a non-comfort level in her honesty but willing to give it a chance. I do not feel she represents her seat well at all and feel slighted by the fact of enrolling. I may need to move in a different direction because I am not comfortable with someone I do not trust.

Jan 14, 2009 7:19 pm EST

I am a forty five year old executive who re-entered the dating world in early 2008. I naturally started with looking online, where I batted my head against a wall for months… After the online fiasco, I decided to sign on with a dating service, thinking that I would have a more targeted and more meaningful experience. Having heard about It’s Just Lunch, I joined. It did not take me long, however, to realize that they are a charade. They tout themselves as matchmakers. However, all they do is lie to their members and randomly set up dates just to meet their contractual obligations. This left an extremely bad flavor in my mouth regarding “matchmaking” and “dating” services.

However, I needed to do something… So, I researched other services, found Great Date Now, and met Catherine Ginter. To be totally honest, after my IJL experience, I was extremely reticent to join another dating/matchmaking service. As a matter of fact, it took Catherine five or six months of multiple meetings and discussions to sign me up. I ended up signing up, despite my reservations, because I developed a good working relationship with Catherine based on trust.

Since I have joined Catherine has connected me with several women: all of whom are a leap in quality above women I have met elsewhere. She has spent a lot of time not only preparing me for each date and coaching me throughout the process, but also selecting the best potential matches for me. Such attention to my “case” has turned what could have very well been another debacle into a bona-fide match search and a healthy, personal growth-oriented experience.

I cannot emphasize how critical it is to a people-oriented business such as GDN’s to spend the time and effort to develop, maintain, and ACTUALLY DELIVER on relationships. As a Partner in a management consulting firm I know very well how important it is not only to find leads and close on them, but also to actually foster them and deliver results. In this manner, my business is fed by all sorts of references from happy clients and references from happy clients. If I focused just on closing the sale, I would rapidly “burn out” my opportunities and I would end up in rapid “churn” mode, rather than having the business grow on its own through world-of-mouth and high-caliber reputation.

Catherine’s approach to working with her clients meets and exceeds this model and enables Great Date Now to totally differentiate itself from other services. I frankly don’t know how you would build your business without her.

A
Jan 09, 2009 12:13 pm EST

I have been a member of the service for several months now and extremely angry with my matches. I've only been on 2 dates and I cannot believe who my Matchmaker set me up with. I truly believe this is a total scam. I went in the NYC office and met with the sales woman by the name of Catherine Ginter. I signed up with her and paid over $10, 000 to meet the upscale executives that she had promised. During my meeting she spoke to me as if I needed help in every aspect of my life. She spoke down to me and made me feel like crap on my dress attire as if I am NOT Worthy, not to mention her preaching Tony Robbins and how he could change my life! If I wanted to know those things, I would have asked! How dare she, she should look at herself in the mirror as poor representation for ANY company. She has fabricated and made up stories to make herself feel better, calls herself the only Executive Matchmaker for Great Date Now but on the website she is NOT even certified. What do you see in her as a company? You need to know what you employ and would never deal with such an unprofessional. She has also spoken poorly, leaving out names, of other colleagues she works with and claims herself to be part owner! I would advise ALL not to trust and just stay away from the Executive Matchmaker Cathrine Ginter, for she will rip you off like I was.

I found more juicy-ness - read the article

Gary was already convicted in Mamaroneck. This just keeps getting better and better.

Jan 03, 2009 7:23 am EST

I disagree I have been in a great relationship for 11 months now. Suzie was the third person that they introduced me to. I met two women from Westchester one from NYC and one from Connecticut. I have no complaints about the service, or the people i was fixed up with. I just think that if you are a real person looking for a realistic match it's a good service,
If you can't meet someone on your own or you are looking for someone who doesn't exist, stay single. The problem in this world is that two many men are only looking for the runway super model and women are only looking for the millionaire. Just be realistic and just maybe you will fall in love. If you want to know about the service you can e-mail me [email protected]

Jan 03, 2009 7:01 am EST

For all who wish to know "Really hates GDN "is Kathleen Beaton from Eastchester, NY. Its a shame that she has not only un true but bad things to say about anyone. She was the person that was on TV. No not as an actress but for being arrested and charged with a felony for crashing her car and driving drunk the wrong way on the tapenzee bridge last year three times the legal alcohol limit, she is an x payroll clerk. Yes it's true when the state troopers put up a road block to stop the vehicle from smashing into on coming traffic at 3am she thought she could get out if it by sleeping with the officers. .they wanted no part of her and slapped the cuffs on her. She needs leave work early every day to report to her mandatory AA program in Bronxville .She is on strict anti depressant medication from her doctors. You can look her up too..

Ha! The one comment above that is positive was probably written by Gary himself. Great Date is definetely a scam. The employees practically RUN out of there in the middle of the day because they can't take Gary or his trusty side-kick, Stephanie Zipf, who belives that Gary is an honest man.
First, everyone should Google Gary M Ferone and the SEC to see that he was indicted in 1996 on charges that he sold stocks to a fake company using false and misleading info and by not telling the truth about these "stocks" to investors. Sounds like he needs to start earning his money and stop scamming people. He should get an orange jumpsuit and make liscense plates.
Gary just moved from one scam to the other. But, because of the 1996 SEC snafu, his paycheck is currently garnished and he has NO credit. He has lied to investors saying there is no money and using the investments for his 2 boats, a Porche, house renovations (oh, the house was his parents' and he doesn't have to pay a mortage. This guy really has it!) He also does not pay the correct CT sales tax because he puts all the cash in his pocket.
More to come...

Dec 07, 2008 9:47 pm EST

I am beginning to freak out...I think I have been totally scammed by the Garden City office...I am getting ready to call the news! I want my money back.

Nov 30, 2008 6:47 pm EST

Great Date Now is a complete waste of money. They are completely unresponsive and do not pay any attention to your specifications. I have never dealt with such rude, incompetent people in my entire life. Do not even think about using them. I can;t stress enough what a waste of time and money this business is.

Nov 28, 2008 10:02 am EST

I have to disagree with all of the comments that I’ve read on this site. I found the service to fit me exactly. Much better than any internet dating service I’ve ever signed up for (i.e. Match, EHarmony ect.). With my lifestyle this type of service helped me. I can honestly say that my overall experience was great. I did have a few dates where there was no connection but eventually I did meet someone special who I am currently exclusive with and I can tell you we both are very happy and glad we made the choice to use a professional. Maybe you should give it a shot. It worked for me.

Nov 18, 2008 4:47 pm EST

Great Date now, is the most ridicolous excuse of a company I have ever seen in my life, ever, Never have I seen such disrespect towards clients who spend wayyy too much money on a service. When they first sign up they are promised that you will get #1 service, and handpicked candidates for you to go on a date with. I can tell you for a fact this does not happen. No one cares about who goes out with who, and or if they meet their criteria. I too know first hand what a joke this place is. The only thing you can really do is complain to one woman, and then she tells her bosses. There are so many complaints, that you will get lost in the mix and never get your money about. and if you do manage to actually sue, good luck in getting anywhere with that. Gary Ferone is in so much debt he can't even see straight. Everyone that I know who was employed there is gone, in every location. My advice is TO NEVER SIGN UP, because you are truly signing a contract with the devil. This company has been the worst experience of my life, and hope that no one has to go through what I did.

A
Nov 11, 2008 2:57 pm EST

I know for a fact that GDN is a complete scam. All fo those who are looking for a full refund, it will NOT happen. The only way to get it is to sue the pants off of Gary Ferone. He is nothing but a scam artist and deserves what he gets. Gary does not know how to run a business, nor does he know how to keep his employees happy. GDN's employees last about 3-6 months at a time, then they bounce because thats when they wisen up and QUIT or just WALK out. He tells you what he thinks you want to hear and then thats it, takes your money and runs with it. Do NOT trust your money with Gary or Great Date Now. They do nothing but make promises that they CANNOT keep. As I said, I know for a FACT that Great Date Now is a scam. Do whatever is in your power to fight and get your money back. If anyone has any questions, please just email me. I know FIRST HAND .. and can I just say to all those involved, I am truly sorry for how things have happend.

Oct 21, 2008 5:56 pm EDT

Great Date Now is a scam! Obviously as a single client against this company we cannot do anything. If we are serious about getting the refund we deserve than we need to contact one another and file a class action suit. It is clear to me now that it is not the employees but the owners who do not call back or respond to their costumers. That is why I have been through many assistants in the purchase office.I now know that the most recent matchmaker left the company. This is an obvious sign that it is a scam because they cannot even keep their employees. If this was a place to find suitable introductions than why is their turnover so high. They sell you and then they never contact you again or care what happens to you. The men have told me they do not pay or they know the owner Gary and they were able to join for free. If you complain they give you another horrible match just to shut you up. This service exploits people at their most vulnerable place. I cannot believe I spent this much money and could have used it towards something that would have benefited me!.If I paid this much..you think I would get people who cared what I was looking for and could not find on my own. I am attractive and young and joined because I am busy and did not want to do the bar scene. They took adavantage and then tried to fix me up with men my father's age!

Oct 20, 2008 2:05 pm EDT

yeah these guys are ripping people off. Write to your credit card company and dispute the charges. You have usually 60 days from the date of the transaction to do so. My story is the same as the others written here.

Oct 20, 2008 1:58 pm EDT

I got ripped off too. The two terrible matches i got were 100% the opposite of what I was looking for. The so-called matchmaker turns out to be the receptionist and an assistant.

R
Oct 16, 2008 11:18 pm EDT

I am a new member of GDN and most certainly think they are no good. After some aggressive marketing to get you to sign up, they all but forget about you. They sent me on a couple of horrid dates and also cancelled the last one. One of their "dates" even told me that they are scammers and wanted to know how much they had got me to pay - hardly the most romantic conversation to have with a date (and to think one coughed up money for this!). I don't recommend this useless service to anyone. Save your money because they don't have quantity or quality - they are obviously lying about their database and the quality of dates is an insult to your intelligence! If they did indeed have thousands of men in their database, their "arranged" dates wouldn't be so far apart - it's like they are looking on planet jupiter for a date!

Oct 15, 2008 10:12 am EDT

Absolutely. I have been disappointed many times with the Garden City Office. A few times they sent me out with girls and promised me they were thin, since I take great care of myself and am thin as well. When I got to each of these dates, I was mortified that they lied to me. The girls were all nice, but not what I was promised or expected. Therefore, they were wasted dates. They promised me they would never again send me out with a girl that didn't meet what my criteria was, so I called them every month for six months, with no luck. Then after the sixed month I called and was told my membership had ended! I am so disappointed and angry, all I want is for them to do the right thing and give me a refund. I have tried numerous times to talk to people who are in charge, and could never get past the secretary, who could never help me. I was promised that someone would call me back immediately, each time I called, and no one did. This is outrageous. Again, all I wanted was a fair shake. Just give me a partial refund and I'll be happy.

Oct 05, 2008 11:56 am EDT

Great Date Now from the Morristown office needs to refund money for lack of performance - if you know of anyone in my situation, please let me know. My experience is and was: They don't respond, they don't have dates available, they refuse to discuss any refunds or rebates for all the time and effort a client spends calling them. In other words, they n just fulfill their contract. They need to be fired by their clients and give us our money back. Janice [protected]

Oct 03, 2008 10:45 am EDT

I am a guy and I signed up before I found these complaints.

I thought I was in good shape since they offerred me a discount. I figured they had too many women in the database and not enough guys. My only qualification was that they send me out with someone my age or younger. I had one date in 5 months and she was older than me.
So they are equal opportunity scammers, not just taking advantage of women.

You live and you learn,

K
Oct 02, 2008 6:43 pm EDT

I believe all the complaints about Great Date Now. One of my friends went out on a date with a guy who had a free membership because he was the owners friend. Then a co-worker of mine told me once she joined she never heard a word again from her sales rep in Westchester. The woman acted very sweet and was so obvious in selling her, but she really wanted to meet someone, so she handed over the rediculous fee. Now every time she calls for a date, no one calls her back...It's a discrace! I was going to join if both my friends were successful, now I will find a more professional service. I'm sure my friends would love to help Mary if it meant getting their money back.

Sep 12, 2008 12:20 pm EDT

Well except for Lisa virtually all of the people who commented share my view that GDN seems to be a scam. I had a similar experience joining a few months ago and since the initial meeting with Jennifer Forde of the Purchase, NY office had little contact with her. I was contacted by her Assistant Matchmaker Meghan and went on two disappointing dates but remained hopeful that with my feedback they would continue to narrow down the search and find someone that I was more compatible with. Then after a period of non returned phone calls and e-mails I found out one night getting Jennifer on the phone by chance, that Meghan had left. Shortly thereafter I was contacted by two 'Assistant Matchmakers' from their Darien, CT and Englewood Cliffs, NJ offices who were nice but totally ineffective and unresponsive again to voice mail and email messages left for them. When I persisted and called the Purchase office several times, leaving both e-mail and voice mail messages for Jennifer which again, went unanswered, I ultimately spoke to a person named Katie, who advised me Jennifer had moved on as well and that she was ramping up.

My latest complaint was in writing to Katie, in which I asked her to please forward my complaint to someone in a position of authority to either re-negotiate my contract or provide a refund for services not rendered. Katie wrote back saying she'd be happy to refer my complaint to 'customer service' (hardly a 'personalized approach') and that though GDN is going through a 'restructuring she hopes will improve communications in future' she assured me she is doing her utmost to catch up on over 1, 000 emails etc. Why should this be our problem? We paid for and deserve the services they claimed to provide. I paid $3500 and have received what I believe amounts to nothing and want my money back as well as compensation for my time to resolve this matter if it drags on much longer!

This amounts to what I believe is at the very least gross misrepresentation of their services, and possibly a legal breach of contract as well. I agree we should band together and retain a lawyer or at least get a consultation and decide on whether to proceed with a class action lawsuit. I know a few attorneys and can help get the wheels in motion. Please contact me if you are interested in pursuing this with me.

Mary Cioffi [protected]

Sep 11, 2008 8:57 pm EDT

Wow! I have no idea who would post the above complaint about Dawn and Nancy because I have had nothing but the utmost success with this Matching Service and Dawn has hit it out of the ball park. I just went out with a perfect gentleman last evening and was pleasantly surprised that he is EXACTLY what I am looking for. Dawn had discussed it with me, created my excitement, and Nancy was pleasant and confirmed all details. Two of my other friends belong to this service with Dawn as their Matchmaker and enjoying every minute of it! I guess there are those with nothing better to do then to try and demoralize others because they are not satisfied with themselves. I believe this company and my Matchmaker has changed my life for the better!

N
Aug 17, 2008 8:02 pm EDT

For those of you who are "taking offense" to our freedom to complain on a "COMPLAINT BOARD, " let me respond to a few comments:

"Put your money into a new hair style, pedicure, manicure, outfit and maybe a new attitude" - I personally have a nice hairstyle, trendy clothes and get a manicure/pedicure weekly. As a matter of fact, I take better care of myself than most. I also have a very demanding career which leaves me little time to meet the high quality man I am looking for. Settle for lowering my standards? Ha! That is laughable!

To the woman who had trouble dating before GDN. I am happy for you that the service has worked for you. I on the other hand, do not have any trouble finding men to date, they are simply not the caliber of men I am looking for. Perhaps GDN is designed to help those who are shy, introverted, homebodies which is fine. However, they should not be touting themselves as personalized matchmakers for upscale ATTRACTIVE singles. That is definitely not the case in my experience.

And finally, to the folks who don't understand why we are complaining for lack of service. This is a complaint board. We have dished out thousands of dollars and can't even get an email or phone call returned. THAT alone is enough to frustrate anyone.

Aug 15, 2008 10:02 am EDT

I have been a member of GDN for 6 months.
I travel often, and had arranged a system wherein during my stays in NYC, I would be introduced to someone (by prior arrangement & schedule coordination). However, there was no reliable follow through. Phone calls were not returned and the woman - Dawn - who interviewed me and appeared to offer a personalized, thoughtful service did not return calls after our initial meeting. The women I have spoken to subsequently neither know the candidates (origins, interests, values) nor work w/my schedule - however well in advance I provide availabe times.

During my one date in 6 months, I learned upon arrival that the man was expecting a 'Russian lady'. He - as well- was grievously misrepresented both physically and personally. Most importantly, it was clear - and we both agreed - that our 'matchmakers' had not compared notes at all and had misrepresented us both. I am not Russian for one thing, he is not tall or brown haired, or 40-something...After briefly listening to the stories of his conquests and reliance on prostitutes, I got up and left.

I never received an apology from the matchmakers yet heard infinite excuses from the receptionists who 'assist'. But only when I called.

The bottom line has been that there is no accountability or dedication to the service offered. It is a scam, yes.

Aug 12, 2008 2:04 pm EDT

You know the expression "one bad apple spoils the bunch?" It sure sounds like a couple of you are just looking for reasons to complain - but I guess that is, unfortunately, what these boards are all about. I mean no disrespect to any of you personally, as it sounds like many of you have great confidence in your reasons for complaining. I simply find it suspicious that a company that has offered me good service could have let others down so blatantly and it sounds to me like some of you who have posted complaints perhaps have been a little unrealistic. Unlike some of you, I am not perfect and I had had trouble dating prior to my joining
Great Date...this is why I decided to join. I have since gone out of
several guys who I thought were decent, kind people, and I am currently dating someone who I met through the service. Again, I'm sure you have your reasons...I guess I don't share your views.

K
Aug 12, 2008 10:10 am EDT

I take exception to your comments! Having paid $3500 myself, as well as several friends who have done the same, it is obvious that men are not free. Should the problem be that you spend far to much energy finding reasons to complain rather than enjoy the process? Could it be that your complaints are reflective of your personality? I do not understand the disdain you have. Several times I have been sent on dates with very attractive (physically) women; when in conclusion, I have no desire to go out again because the venom I listen to is ugly to the bone.

My only complaint about Great date now is that they may need to provide more counseling to the ladies. There are less men than women, but it may because people like me became so disillusioned by the singles scene that many men just prefer to work rather than date and therefore do not explore services such as Great Date Now. I will be sending my matchmaker a box of chocolate when I sign off of this response. Thank you.

Aug 12, 2008 9:48 am EDT

Funny how there's no Danbury Office listed. Sounds like people are making up stories here.

"I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and called the Matchmaking Institute in New York. They certify matchmakers..."

The Better Business Bureau doesn't certify matchmakers anymore then they certify rocket scientists.

Aug 12, 2008 7:20 am EDT

And the plot thickens... I actually went on a date with a guy who told me he as "doing this as a favor" for Beth in the Danbury office. There are NOOOOOO men clientele and they are calling men out of a phone book at random. I have been on three lousy dates in the past 7 months and paid $3, ooo. I have been through 4 assistants in the home office that I had signed up in. Gary Ferrone's father is a Judge in Westchester (maybe retired at this point), but I feel that the only recourse we would have would be a class action suit for misrepresentation of the company and the services provided. I'm up for it if you are?

Aug 07, 2008 12:15 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

People who don't know what they are talking about should mind their own business, but anyway...
I'm having the same problem with the Red Bank office. They fed me a bunch of crock to get my $ and now they don't return my phone calls or emails. We should all get together and hire a lawyer and get our $ back because they should not be allowed to get away with this.