Great Dane PuppiesKaren Lovett

S

If you are considering purchasing a puppy from Karen please read this. I had a horrible experience dealing with this woman and would not want someone else to go through what I did. I found Karen on Puppyfind.com. My boyfriend and I visited her at her home which she runs her kennel out of to visit the puppy we found on the site. She kept the litter outside which did bother me, but the puppies seemed healthy and unaffected by the living situation. We decided that we wanted the puppy and gave the $300 puppy deposit to hold him. Karen gave us the puppy at 6 weeks old. The entire car ride home the puppy was very lethargic. He slept the whole ride home which was about 2.5 hours. We figured he was just tired..when we got home he was still acting
strange and not puppy like at all. The next day he did not improve and couldn't keep down any food. We immediately took the puppy to the vet. The vet and her tech wer extremely concerned with the puppies health. His tummy was extremely bloated and he was eagerly dehydrated. They started him on an IV of fluids right away. He had a horrible case of parasites that took us 3the rounds

More Great Dane Puppies Complaints & Reviews

• St
    Steffa Jun 13, 2012

She was sympathetic at first. She told me she called everyone else who purchased puppies and no one had any troubles. Then as time passed on she would give me very short answers and it took her longer and longer to get in contact with me. When she told me she would not be reimbursing us I expressed my disappointment with her but there really isn't much else I could do. I do understand the way I choose to purchase my first great dane probably wasn't the smartest or best way to go about it, but I have learned my lesson. It is crazy, my first puppy I got from an animal shelter...it was healthy and all the vet stuff was done in house with them at a fraction of the cost you'd normally pay. Ill stick to the rescues from now on.

• St
    Steffa Jun 13, 2012

I just found someone else who had the same issue I had with a puppy from Karen ... http://www.reviewsofwebsites.com/karen-lovett-great-dane-puppies-breeder/#comment-665

• Ti
    TiffanyWi Nov 24, 2013

Karen called me after reading my post about my two mantle Danes from Liberty Great Danes out of Kentucky having demodex mange and entropion eye and not being able to breed. She told me she had a blue girl shed be willing to exchange for two of her puppies later. A week she led me on saying she would bring this puppy to us. All of a sudden she e mailed me backing out. No rhyme or reason why. When I confronted her learning that the breeders and their friends contacted hr after seeing our post on our facebook to bad mouth me she got very rude and condescending saying she doesn't want to be part of any drama. Why did you call me in the first place!

• Jm
    jmknight Jan 08, 2014

We never had any issue with Karen and we have bought 3 great danes from her. Always called us back and she has always been great to me and my family. Great people and i have recommended her to several friends.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices