Goin PostalBeware

G

Goin Postal is now under new management it would seem... The new company name seems to be Shipping Express. AVOID THEM!!!
I dropped off a package to be sent to China on June 29th. I was VERY clear with these folks that this was an EXTREMELY important package for me and that I NEEDED it to arrive in China no later than the 15th of July. We discussed sending it UPS. I was told the package should arrive on July 7th and I was charged $70.00 for the shipment. On July 10th after being told my my Chinese contact that no package had yet arrived, I returned to the store. I was told that the package was not sent UPS, but was sent USPS instead! I was never contacted about this change and I was refunded no money. As of the date of this post (July 16th and a day now late and counting) STILL no arrival in China to my intended recipient! I'm NOT happy. These folks did not do right by me and have caused me much hardship and embarrassment with my Chinese contact. I do not do shipping for a living, but I know enough to know that the United States Postal Service does NOT operate within China. If I was consutled prior to this change in our aggreement, I would have refused the change because I know I would have no way to track this important package after it left the United States. BEWARE OF SHIPPING EXPRESS!!!

More Goin Postal Complaints & Reviews

• Ig
    igg55555 Aug 03, 2009

Just to clarify you are referring to a single location that is no longer associated with the Goin' Postal chain. The actual franchise is still being ran by it's founders, Marcus & M.J. Price.

• Op
    opschf Aug 27, 2009

Individual stores are owned by different folks, that for the most part are honest, upstanding individuals. Do not judge all Goin' Postals by a single operator. All of them that I have have gotten to are honest, upstanding people. And, Yes, I own one as well. Bottom line, mistakes do happen, and should be corrected! All the folks that I know in the Goin Postal Family do just that.

• Te
    Tekil92 Jul 26, 2016

I shipped a package internationally with Goin Postal on January, 2011. The sales clerk was adamant that I needed only cursory descriptions of items, no additional paperwork, and so on. He seemed confident that his approach would ensure the best results, and as their job entails knowing the ins and outs of shipping, I did what was recommended.

Goin Postal used DHL for the shipment, which was supposed to arrive in 3-4 days to its destination. The short story is that the package was held up in the country of destination due to lack of correct documentation and high high import fees for some items that needed to be paid. I called DHL to see what the problem was, and they advised me of the issues above. I contacted Goin Postal, and the same clerk told me that DHL was wrong and that the fees and paperwork were not required. I contacted DHL again, and they told me they were looking at their system to verify the Customs requirements for the country in question, and that Goin Postal had absolutely informed me incorrectly.

Finally, we managed to contact the Customs point for the country of delivery (six hours from the intended recipient), and they confirmed that DHL was correct and that Goin Postal had been wrong about the documentation and fees required.

Since that time, I have contacted both Goin Postal in Griffin, GA and their corporate customer service department and had extremely poor results getting a response. After numerous emails and phone calls, the clerk at the Griffin location told me he would personally take care of it and see that it was resolved and that the shipment would be returned to me. He never followed up after that. When I had to call again (after no results) he told me, "Oh, I thought DHL would take care of it." Once again, he assured me he would take care of it personally, which was not a comforting thought at that point.

Calling back and asking the local owner/manager to return my call didn't help, either. No response at all.

As I mentioned previously, I shipped in January, 2011. It is now the end of April. I am now out over a hundred dollars in shipping fees, plus the cost of the items I tried to ship since my package has never been seen again. Goin Postal in Griffin, GA is worthless and will do everything possible to avoid correcting their mistakes, particularly if it means they might have to give you money back for failing to provide a promised service. If you can go ANYWHERE else (UPS, the Post Office... anywhere!) I highly recommend doing so.