Gofreelance.comDon't be fooled!

After the 7 day trial, my attempts to stop the automatic payments went to deaf ears. Two of my 'tickets' I submitted were deleted without a response at all. I've given up on getting my 'refund' as Mark doesn't seem interested in giving it back because it's going straight to fattening his pocket. But to be on the safe side I went ahead and closed my paypal account so they can't take out any more money.

They were previously known as TheWorkExchange. Don't be fooled like the different names.

• Da
    DanielPrasanna Nov 12, 2012

Here is the contact details of the person who is doing this. complaint to AU Fedral Police.

Registration Service Provided By: Namecheap.com

Creation date: 24 Mar 2002 19:16:00
    Expiration date: 24 Mar 2014 18:16:00

• Ge
    Geoffrey.Gould Mar 10, 2012

I have tried to cancel four time and get a refund from www.Gofreelance I would like to get Trading standard involved Geoffrey Gould

• Dp
    dpags Nov 22, 2011

Not endorsing or criticizing the company, but if they are legitimate I can see why many of you have not gotten freelance jobs. Some of the first things I look for when I hire someone are proper use of the English language and proper spelling. Neither of which were demonstrated by many of the writing samples I've seen here. Good luck to you if you are uneducated, or unwilling to put in the time and effort to perfect your skills to find a decent paying job.

• Bu
    budks92 Oct 01, 2011

Sent off $7 for week's trial searching jobs but absolutely no response to support tickets/various emails.

• Ob
    Obba Aug 18, 2011

Sent off $7 for week’s trial searching JOBs but absolutely no response to support tickets/various emails.

• St
    storyman Aug 10, 2011

I can't thank you enough, you are a life-saver...
    By the way, if you are looking for a legit, promising, and delivers its promises and FREE then: http://www.freelancer.com/affiliates/storyman/ is what you are looking for...
    Good luck and thanks again...

• St
    storyman Aug 10, 2011

I can't thank you enough, you are literally a life saver...
    By the way, if you are looking for a legit, promising, and yet delivers, and on top of that FREE then http://www.freelancer.com/affiliates/storyman/ is what you are looking for...

jomac May 18, 2011

Why is it that these companies are not shut down by law.

jomac May 18, 2011

Where is the law--these outfits should be shut down and fined for false info.

• Th
    Theresa Hunneybell Apr 14, 2011

This is horrible and you are right, it does not make sense to have to pay to work.

• Wi
    wisdas Apr 12, 2011

HI GUSY THIS SITE OFFER YOU POCKET MONEY WITHOUT INVESTMENT AND NOT SCAM CHECK IT OUT :

• Pr
    priyap Feb 28, 2011

thanks for your informatio but pls tell the safe side for oline work from home, like survey kind of work

• Ju
    juniorwonder Jan 21, 2011

hallow there,
    hahahahahahah, this is so fun guys that i have ever seen in my entire life of browsing internet... sorry for those who have been taken their money...
    every thing try to google first then do

• Dr
    drew julo Dec 13, 2010

just a single digit away from signing in for this gofreelance scam and thanks to you guys i was saved however i still want o know how a company this big, seen on cnn and bbc is scam.

• Az
    azeezabdul Nov 23, 2010

yes its true scam

Jackster11 Nov 21, 2010

II signed up for the 7 day trial with Gofreelancer. I tried to cancel after that. But they still took over $50 from my paypal account. I am a pensioner and don't have money to lose!!

• Te
    terry388 Nov 06, 2010

I receive many emails from this crowd promising lots of work. Thank goodness I have never given them a cent of my money. My question is why should a person have to pay to work?

It is usually the employer who should pay to hire someone not the other way around. This company should be closed down by authorities.

MagiSage Oct 14, 2010

This is so typical of the internet scams and even if Gofreelance sends in what seems a plausible response it is meaningless if people are out of pocket.
    Do the due diligence and be careful about your own money.
    Fantasyland is for Disney and little children. The rest of us adults want to be paid for our work.

Jowawa Oct 05, 2010

I guess this saves my day. I have been contemplating joining the site for the whole of today and being in Botswana it was going to be a hassle to get a job or even a refund in case um not happy with the service.

• Ha
    haedoestefania Sep 27, 2010

hola! yo por mi necesidad de trabajo me incribi a go freelace no dude en pagar la suscripcion y cuando me arrepenti, y quize cancelar mi suscripcion no pude... me solicitaban my ID y nunca me la dieron, el pago se concreto, esta en dolares, o sea me cobran 4 veces mas de lo que le costaria a un americano... ellos dicen: podes cancelar cuando quieras pero lo q uno pago???? estoy muy decepcionada, y ahora con una deuda en dolares, si alguien sabe como ayudarme por favor escribanme a [email protected], no se dejen engañar, desde ya muchas gracias!!! Estefania Haedo, Buenos Aires Argentina

• Nu
    Nurpatha Sep 25, 2010

I thought of trying GoFreelance. Then applied to the jobs suitable for me, but after applying for many many jobs there seemed to be no answer from any jobs. I am not a novice, I am an expert with 25 years of software and computing experience. And after doing so, I thought the job ads were all bogus ads.

They show the jobs ads and attract cash from the members. I would like to see REAL people if anyone has earned from Go Freelance. If not, it is a SCAM (we may get testimonials from Go Freelance themselves!!). Period.

• Ly
    Lynnski1977 Apr 12, 2010

I've been looking at stuff like this too. I started with a company that has been backed by the better business bureau and is constantly receiving awards for their business ethics and successes! It takes work but you CAN earn a lot of money that will enable you to work from home. I lost my job and now I'm doing this! Email me for [email protected]
    This is my personal email by the way so no scam involved.

• Ob
    Obad Mar 19, 2010

Hello,
    Thanks a lot for this information. Really helping. i just fell into a trap after subscribing with pay-pal. They chewed the little money which was there and to now they send me messages that i have to put money on my account yet haven't got any job of all i have applied for.
    Keep posting jobs to my mail which do not mature.

Very happy that you have saved me of this scam
    [email protected]

• Me
    meevamarie Mar 17, 2010

What you can do, and I should have done, is get a Wal-mart cash card, put $20 on it, before you enter a trial of any kind. The most they can ever get - is whatever you put on the card. I don't know what the minimum amount you have to deposit on the card to activate.

I hope this helps.

Sam Smith Feb 25, 2010

Hi

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Gofreelance, I'm not quite sure why you had trouble cancelling your account but we have dedicated support staff who can be contacted 24 hours a day.

If anyone has any problems just go to the help section on the gofreelance site or go to the link below.

Alternatively if you want to submit a ticket straight to our help department you can send a ticket from the link below. We use a professional company to deal with ALL problems and complaints personally and individually.

I assure you that Gofreelance is NOT a scam, we are a legitimate job search site that only has legitimate job opportunities. We get a huge number of jobs posted on our site everyday and have staff dedicated to approving which jobs are legitimate and fit to be posted on our database.

If you have any questions just send a support ticket and our staff using the links above and we will be more than happy to help you out, and will respond very quickly (less than 24 hours). They will help you out with any confusion and happily refund anyone who has had problems.

Thanks

• Ph
    Ph. Nguyen Feb 23, 2010

Thanks so much for all the sharing. Just one click away I am loosing my money. I stopped my registration straight away when reading your comments.

• Ex
    execk2 Jan 23, 2010

They are a scam.. They kept on posting 3 year old jobs that were to end in 2007... WTF

I went into my PayPal account and cancelled. These piece of ###! What comes around goes around! I will punch this persons lights out for everyone!

They are in Australia not Brooklyn where is you Google map the address is a Park.
    Technical Contact:
    Freelance Work Exchange
    Rob Palmer ([email protected])

saniyakiran Nov 01, 2009

thanku so much for that piece of information .i was gointo sign up but thought i should check in before i get fooled as i already have had such experiences with mail order business adds in the newspapers. dont trust thm too.

• He
    helpothers May 20, 2009

Me too went through the same. Even after subscription cancellation, my crdit card charged. I opened dispute with paypal, they did investigation and said its an authorised payment.

• Tu
    tulay May 20, 2009

Hello,
    Online-DataEntry is not confidential. I try to get refund. They do not have real service, goods or etc.

• Te
    Tekwriter May 11, 2009

They are evil leeches, they sucked the money out of Paypal account and refuse to give a refund.

If you want real work, go to elance.com it took me alot of $$ to eventually find them, but i am making money there and it only costs $9.95 for a month paid membership.

• Aj
    Ajit Kumar Mar 16, 2009

Hello Lima

Thanks a lot as I was going to sign up with GoFreelance but now I have Stopped myself after seeing so many bad comments about them. They actually seem genuine to me at first. even I got so many mail also having exciting opportunity.

• Li
    Lima Feb 25, 2009

Online-DataEntry too is a spam site and many more

• Li
    Lima Feb 25, 2009

Thank you very much for your comment as I was going to register it.As you said most of them are spam and are not doing as they have said in their sites.
    By this spam sites, its very difficult to find out a legitimate site if it is there..THose asking the registration fees are fraud I believe

If they can give this much money as they are offering in their sites why they are asking money for registration .
    Some sites are saying - they have to pay for the wb bla bla bla
    but think those companies who are giving them work to do might be giving them commission.
    I don't believe they will accept the work for free.So no need of asking any registration fees.Do they?
    I don't think so. Even I'm in search of a genuine site without but unfortunately not getting!

Lima

• Ri
    RianneVilla Feb 01, 2009

Thanks much for your comments. I was about to sign up too but kind of hesitant since it involves money (we have to be cautious, hard up these days). Alot of companies are sprouting like mushrooms coming from nowhere claiming to be this and that. With comments and sites like this it prevents jobseekers from being victims. Also, to anyone signing up for anything be sure to google it first or do background checks on the companies your getting yourself into.

• Pe
    Peggy Nov 02, 2008

I understand what you are talking about. I thought today that I was going to think about getting in that GoFreeLance site to work their program because my husband and I are in a tight financial bind right now but since what you had told - I am not getting in a company that is going to rip me off of the money that I make through my pay pal account and one thing I notice before I try getting with a company is their phone number and address. Most of them sounds strange when there is not a phone number or the contact address online. So if they don't have their information like that or else registered with the BBB I wouldn't even consider taking a company without it because they are not standing upon their word.

Chan Kong Loon Jul 20, 2008

Hello Sammie

Thanks a lot. I was going to sign up with GoFreelance but now having my reservations after seeing so many bad comments about them. They actually seem genuine to me at first.

Bye