George Spooner and AssociatesUnreliable and Unprofessional

DO NOT USE GEORGE SPPONER. I used George for many years. He has always been challening to get ahold of and pin down. Two years ago I had the same experience as you. He strung me along for many month and I constantly got the run around. Eventually (around June), he got my returns done and was apologized etc. Last year was similar but not nearly as protracted. This year, he is back to the same old deal. He made an appointment, which he cancelled with about 2 hours notice. He said that he would contact me the next day to reschedule. Thats was 3 weeks ago and I still havent heard from him despite multiple calls and emails. So I moved on...and have encourage anyone I know who still bothers with him to do the same. Just a lack of professionalism all around despite many years of loyalty to his services. NO MORE!

Proskier May 15, 2018

George is the best accountant. He explains everything very well in laymen's terms so I can understand it. I will be loyal and use him every year. These other negative reviews are obviously faked.

I have used him for over 5 years.

Proskier May 15, 2018

George has always been a great help to m. The negative reviews are so fake. I have used George for over 15 years. I give him 5 stars

Johhny V Apr 17, 2018

I have used George for over 10 years and never a problem. The IRS made a mistake a few years ago and George solved it at no charge. He is the best and I will always be a client.

George Spooner Sep 02, 2016

The original review was fake and no on eby the negative review names have ever been a client.,

• Tg
    TG-Los Angeles Apr 13, 2016

George Spooner is a fantastic tax preparer. He has helped me for over 12 years. I will never use anyone else but Mr. Spooner. He has always been on time, is very polite, and 100% professional. I trust that if he ever had to cancel an appointment (which he never has) it would be for a good reason. I too, am a professional and things happen with scheduling sometimes. I think I had to cancel on George, once. It was fine. Whomever is posting negative stuff sounds way too dramatic. Don't believe this individual's hype.

George Spooner Aug 01, 2011

I have used George for over 20 years and never had a problem. He has responded fast. Sometime you need to text or email as he is very busy but has always handled any issues that arise. He usually goes above and beyond what other accountants do and has offered very valuable advice on how to handle certain situations. I will continue to use him always.

George Spooner Aug 01, 2011

These are so fake. I have used George for over 10 years and have never had a problem. There will always be disgruntled people when dealing with taxes.

George Spooner May 13, 2011

Why don't you use your real name so people can see who you are. Are you afraid people might realize that by using a fake name that the complaint is bogus?

George Spooner May 12, 2011

This complaint is so fake. This never happened and why can't you use your name so it can be investigated. With over 2000 clients I guess there will always be a few complaints as not everyone will be happy with whatever results are from dealing with the IRS. Everyone assumes CPA's and tax professionals can make the government act faster and do things. Have you ever tried to get the government to do anything fast. Use your real name so the problem can be addressed or it should be deemed a fake complaint by a reputation defender company. They seem to contact everyone on this board.

• Fr
    Frank the tank Mar 23, 2011

I agree, DO NOT USE GEORGE SPOONER! It cost me over $10k to fix his mistakes on my taxes. I gave him the opportunity to make it right, he kept telling me it was being handled. Come to find out he NEVER once did anything he said he did! Now I have a tax lein on my house and the IRS is breathing down my back! He is a complete FRAUD!!