Gem TVFalse advertising and sale

J

I purchased a ring with a 1.9+ carat of AAA Tanzanite . when the ring arrived the stone was less than 0 .8 karat and the color was very pale and it was not AAA. I called the customer service and they denied having it advertised at 1.9 karat ( I had a witness) and that I have to pay the shipping because I looked at ring. I do not trust this source for any jewelry purchases. Joanne

• De
    designbabe Oct 21, 2010

I for one had a lousy experience. I purchased a mans ring for over $900, .00 and a Rubellite Tourmaline 9+mm loose gemstone for $1100. The ring stone was very included and I did not feel good about giving it as a gift to a very picky gentleman... and the tourmaline, although a beautiful color was also very included so I returned them both. Because my rate of returns was not to their liking, even though they make a point of telling you if you look and don't like, just return the item, they banned me from purchasing anything from them again. Their loss...my gain.

• Sw
    sweetcandyrain Oct 20, 2009

I personally think, thats not true gemtv is genuine. I have brought jewellery from them and they have been great purchase. as for your comment takin a gamble you lose either way.. DONT SEE HOW!!! just your bad luck if you did. if they were advertising and selling wrong jewellery im sure they would be out of business buy now...

• jamesisajeweler Apr 02, 2009

Hello to you i'm James The Jeweler in Atlanta, Ga and i also have my own jewelry discussion group here under "JEWELRY & WATCHES" i read your complaint and i must advice you and all others on this site TO STOP BUYING T.V. JEWELRY! if you don't have a GIA CERTIFICATE like i do, nor are you a REAL JEWELER like myself, stop buying T.V. JEWELRY!

These show hosts will sell you the earth if you allow them to, and Tanzanite is 1000 times rarer than a diamond and it is a gemstone you must get educated on before you buy it. I always try to educate my own clients on precious gemstones such as Tanzanite.

Let me say this again everyone who's reading my response to this complaint THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A GOOD DEAL ON "QUALITY LOOSE DIAMONDS, GEMSTONES, OR DIAMOND JEWELRY." You get what you pay for, and you're never going to get a GOOD DEAL on T.V. JEWELRY unless you like to gamble, and even if you do you're still going to lose.

If you have any jewelry questions for me, or you need my jewelry services feel free to contact me.