Gander RV (Camping World)Unethical behavior

M Dec 04, 2020

My fiance and I went to Gander Rv (Camping World) and purchased a 2021 model camper. While setting the camper up we found one of the seals on the slide out ripped out the wall and there was water running out from under the wall of the bathroom. We contacted them and was instructed to bring it back for repairs. We did as told and was contacted saying it was ready about a month later. We went and picked it up and the repairs were not made so we had to leave it and come back 2 days later to pick it up after they made temporary repairs until we could get it back to them. When we set the camper back up now the radio don't work nor do the led light strips and the water has ruined the door to the bathroom and the door to the bedroom and the floor under the tub. About 3 weeks later we took it back and they have had it for over a month now and nothing has been done. I called 4 times now asking questions and get a different answer every time. Finally called on 12/3/20 and was told that the warranty dept has approved it but could be as late as the end of jan to get all the parts. We purchased the camper in late june of 2020 and they have had it longer than we have while we have to continue to make payments on it and do not get to go camping.

• Updated by matthew davis 85 · Dec 30, 2020

Update: It is now Dec 30th and they called me on dec 17 and said it was ready to be picked up. I took of work early to drive the 2hrs to get there and when I got there I had to wait 45 min for someone to bring the camper out to me and when I walked inside the water leak was not even touched and they said they couldn't find any water damage so I pointed it out o them and they acted surprised and said sorry we missed that. The temp seal on the slide was not repaired and also where the aluminum sideing was ripped was not repaired. so I had to leave it with them again to fix and they have only contacted me twice before christmas to give me an update and said he would be sending me pics of the progress and I have not heard from them since.

• Da
    Danielle Tiedermann Jul 01, 2021

Purchased a camper from them 15 hrs ago. Lied about all the things I wouldn’t be charged for, got home looked at reciente and the $3000 they said they were taking off the price, they put in as extra warranty, (told them need it for 3 weeks then turning it back in, ) paint protection, etc, so the $ they took off front, they put on backend. Told them to cancel deal and they won’t. Have spent all day on phone and looks like I’m nothing but screwed!

• Po
    Polly Bozeman Apr 13, 2021

The service department is crappy. They will keep a unit for weeks, months, you
    get it back and the problem not be fixed. Take it back and still not fixed. They refer back to "communication notes", in their defense. Leaking air conditioner, may or may not be fixed... don't know yet. Leaking skylight not fixed. Took two trips for a sliding door repair. An invoice will be marked as repaired, yet not be touched. I could go on and on.

• Po
    Polly Bozeman Apr 13, 2021

@Polly Bozeman The above comment regards Gander RV in Dothan, AL.