Gallettair IncPoor service and dishonest technician

J

I have service contract with this company for 3 years, paying 300-400 per year, every year I called them to service my central heating and AC units, the technician usually spent 15 minutes and claimed everything is good. I noticed there was a pool of water next to my AC unit last summer and called for service, the technician took one look and said, "It is working so don't worry about it." My AC unit broke down 2 days ago in 90 degree heat wave, I called for service again and was told the whole unit need to be replaced and it is in the range of $8, 000 to $10, 000 area. I called for another company to take a look, the technician showed me the problem, one of the drain pipe was blocked, so water overflowed to the circuit board and motor. The whole thing was ruined by only one blocked pipe which only need to be drained last year. So what is the service contract about? It is a lie.

• Je
    Jerry Brienza Jun 01, 2017

Yes, I would like to amend my review. Paul, the service manager at Gallettair, called me to apologize for the wait I incurred. He came over personally and promptly the next day. He did a complete and through inspection of my equipment and I was satisfied to the point that I signed a contract for service and maintence of my system. I fully expect and trust Gallettair to honor those terms and respond to my needs as a customer.

• Je
    Jerry Brienza May 27, 2017

GallettAir sent me a solicitation in the mail as I am a new resident to Patchogue. I wanted a service contract on my HVAC system. They gave me a price and said they needed to inspect the system. Ok, we set a time and date. I waited 5 hours and the "technician" was a no show. They called and said he was "running late. By
    5:30 PM, still no word so I called their service to cancel. A gentleman called immeadiatly, I said I have been waiting all day and now it's dinner time so I don't want the technician to come. He said ok I'll stop him. No apology, no we'll get back to you right away...nothing. I am sitting here with a check for you to pick up and you can't make it? Makes me question what happens if I actually paid money and need your service. Bad business model.

CARG58 May 30, 2017

@Jerry Brienza We contacted this customer and accommodated his service request. At times scheduling gets hectic and service calls may take longer than expected, as we never know what we will find at each call once we arrive. We understand his frustration regarding the wait time, as we are consumers ourselves. We are pleased to state, that this customer is now a contract holder with our company. We take customer input seriously and our customers always come first. We appreciate the fact that this customer allowed us a second chance, to prove that we are in fact a dependable, honorable and reliable company. We look forward to providing service for many years to come.

Respectfully,
    Carmine Galletta
    President/Owner

CARG58 Nov 07, 2011

People that post negative comments online think they can hide behind their computers. What they may not realize that they are in fact damaging the reputation of people who worked extremely hard for many years to build a positive reputation for their company. Although there is always two sides to any story, its important to take an objective view of the complaint and the service history of the account placing the complaint. This is something that people can not see when reading the reviews. I am the owner of GallettAIr Inc. and for 28 years we have worked extremely hard to service and maintain our customer base. We take pride in our reputation for honesty and professionalism. I've personally attempted to contact the customer regarding the compliant to resolve her issues, however she chooses not to respond but instead continue to slander our name on the Internet. Why? When we are completely open to discussion and resolution to this matter. The Internet is a wonderful tool, but it can also be in fact a weapon that can destroy... People should think twice before placing negative posts. In my opinion, it would be good practice if people would only say or do on the Internet, what they would say or do face to face with another person. Carmine Galletta GallettAir Inc.

CARG58 Nov 07, 2011

We attempetd to contact the customer by telephone as well as by registered mail, in an attempt to resolve this matter. We do not claim to be perfect, however we do stand behind our 28 year reputation for honesty and quality services. We are hoping to speak with the customer to resolve her service issues and concerns. We ask that the customer contact the owner directly. I can be contacted 24- hours a day toll free at [protected].

Carmine Galletta President/Owner