GabapentinWrong Medicine

Hello, My name is Darnett V. Anderson and I have been a CVS customer in the pharmacy area for about 3 months. First I would like to say is that, I have back injury from semi truck accident in Jan. 2009. I have been on meds since then.

My complaint is, I frequently visit the CVS store #8803 at 2855 S. Nellis Blvd. in Las Vegas, Nv. I have been visiting this particular store for my meds for three months. My doctor has me on Lyrica, Hydocondone and Carisoprodol. I went to get my prescription filled on 07/06/09 for the lyrica and the others my doctor prescribed for me and I was given Gabapentin instead. I did not realize that it was the wrong, but similar medicine. Is this is how they practice with the meds here on Nellis?, because I'm sure with the standard CVS has it is not likely that this happens often or at all. I grew up allergic to many things and I have to be careful in everything that I consume, that goes for fruit as well. With the wrong prescription, I had to consume a lot more than I was suppose to take, this has had an effect on me. I talked to my doctor about the different brand and she stated that I was suppose to get only what she prescribed, which is the lyrica. But instead the pharmacist, Darleene gave me Gabapentin instead. I called to get my prescription refilled after my epiderual injection, Darleene was also my contact on the phone. Darleene asked me about the refill that I just recieved on the first and why am I getting it filled 6-7 days later for the same thing? I told her that my doctor has increased the dosages, she was very rude and unprofessional about it. That in turn made me angry, so I told her that I will be taking my prescription some where else. I reached the store expecting her to be apologetic, to keep her customers happy, but instead she still had an attitude. I then asked for the Manager, because I wanted my request to be satisfied, she stated that she was the manager. I asked her did she call my insurance, she said she would call while I was there. But she told me that the earliest they can fill it was in 30 days. Ms. Darleene did not call, because Broadspire would have approved anything I needed, they have done so in the past. The coverage I have for this medical covergae is what I have paid out of my own pocket, being an Owner. But I am treated as if I am a workers' compensation case. I do not appreciate that kind of behavior. I have always valued going into and shopping at CVS, but this was not a good experience, especially with my back injury. You can reach me at above number to settle this issue. I have been very patient and kind to all the CVS employees everytime I visit. I would like to continue to use CVS, but if I have to move my precription I will.

Thanks,