Frito Lay/French Onion DipRelease/Discontinuing product

B Review updated:

I've waited atleast 3 years for frito lay french onion dip to finally come back to tulsa/broken arrow oklahoma, to my surprise about 6 months ago they finally started carrying thee product in grocery stores again! And just as suddenly, three weeks ago they pulled it from the shelves AGAIN!!! This is ridiculous and completely unexceptible! Why would they keep doing this? Its the best dip on the market!

grizzod2 Feb 27, 2010

If you are referring to the Frito-Lay French Onion Dip in the can. I agree with you completely. I live in Dallas. The make it here but don't sell it here. That is crazy!! However, you can find it all day lone on the east coast. Just Google where to buy Frito-Lay French Onion Dip in the can and some online grocery store will pop up. You can purchase it from them. That's what I had to do.

grizzod2 Feb 27, 2010

You can go here to find it.

MadMelicious Jun 09, 2011

Me too!!! I lived in Phoenix and they discontinued it there years ago so I had to have my mom send it to me from Alabama.
    Now I live in Omaha and I was buying it all the time up until just now. I can't find it anywhere, now I'll have to get it from other states again.
    It is the best french onion dip ever, and it tastes better than the kind in the jar.
    I don't understand why they are made by the same company, yet taste so different.
    If you want to switch to a jar container, that's fine, but make it taste like the one in the can! The stuff you're selling in the jar sucks!

grizzod2 Sep 15, 2014

They make this dip in Texas but don't sell it in Texas... go figure?! I tried to get local stores to order it and even contacted Frito-Lay, but
    to no avail for in state distribution. I love this dip, though! It tastes great refrigerated and paired with Flamin' Hot Cheetos!! Best dip
    ever!! Not the same dip in the jar that they try to sell. The jar version tastes horrible. They use different ingredients in the jar. Now I buy it from Amazon, eBay and still at times from shopfoodex.com. Shipping charges are a bit much though.

• Tr
    Tricycle Nov 04, 2018

I love frito lay French onion dip. I live in Tennessee and can only find it sporadically. I think Lays pays the stores to not purchase very much so they can sell their terrible dip. Does anyone think that is a possibility?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices