Forever 21ripped off

This store in Savannah, Georgia is very suspicious and shady. I came in to return a few items I bought, and all was going well until they gave me my return store credit in receipt form. They didn't give me a gift card, and when I came in a week later to use it, they said it was all gone. I mailed customer service on their website and gave me the district manager's number, which I contacted. She gave me an attitude and transferee me to the manager at the at the store, and I gave her specific details about what happened. One of the girls working there who was another manager remember me and explained exactly what I explained but LIED and said I already used my store credit. I had 30$ worth of credit, and now it's all gone. I thought customers were always supposed to be right no matter what. The manager I spoke to explained "it's your word over the manager, and I believe her." I don't like how they run the store, and I don't like how they treated me because they treated me like some ### trying to cheat them. I didn't ask for 10, 000$. I only asked for my 30$ back. They make tons of money, and they couldn't just give me the small 30$?? They spent two days trying to prove me wrong, just so they didn't have to pay an unhappy customer her 30$. I also read on Better Business Bureau's website about them, and they have a terrible rating and a few complaints. Will never shop in that specific store and hope you guys don't because they'll try to rip you off.

Anonymous Sep 01, 2011

"Oh! and I even remember when my friend wanted to buy a ring for me from there, they charged a 2.80$ ring for $5.00 just because there wasnt a tag on it. They'll try to rip you off!"

The horror!!!

• Ki
    Killa Jun 09, 2011

While I agree that what they did was shady, I must point out a few things.

1) The customer is NOT always right. The things customers will say and do just to get something for free will astound you. Managers know all the things customers will try and pull, a receipt with a number for a store credit but no physical store credit is one of them. Shoppers will find receipts that people dropped on the floor or forgot on the counter and act like they "lost" the card in an attempt to use your store credit. While the DM and SM absolutely could have treated you with more respect, you need to look at the situation from their point of view.

2) NEVER, ever leave the store without a physical card in cases like this. Or, at the very least, have a manager (preferably the store manager) initial and sign your receipt.

All that being said, you should go as high up as possible. Contact the store or the company and ask who the Regional Manager is and take the issue up with them. There is obviously something going on at the store. If there was a glitch in their system where store credits couldn't be issued, they shouldn't have been processing ANY returns, unless they were even exchanges. They should have apologized to the customer and requested they try to return again later once the system is back up. My guess is that there was a glitch in the system where your return wasn't fully processed, or an employee decided to go on a shopping spree. Either way, go as high up as you can. Don't let them get away with this - they won't learn otherwise.