Ford Motor Companyoverall treatment by dealership

Ro Oct 01, 2019

We visited Mathews Ford In Oregon, Ohio in Feb/March of this year. On that date we traded in a Ford and bought a 2017 Ford Focus for my wife and a older used car for my oldest son in college. Giving up much of our savings. After owning the car for a few months my wife feels the car is unsafe and is unhappy with the vehicle due to the clunky transmission and overall performance of this vehicle. Call the dealership and are told to stop by and they will make it right. Salesman tells me they can adjust the transmission and everything will be better. While waiting at the shop the lead person in charge gives me the forms about this car and tells me they have nothing but issues with this vehicle- Nice right? So we take the car home because there is nothing the dealership will do to help. Now it gets better - we have put an offer in to buy a home. My mortgage person calls and asks me what I did to my credit. It turns out when Mathews paid off the trade- in car the amount was wrong causing me to show delinquent credit car payments and losing my financing on our dream home. Was able to re- apply and get the approval from mortgage company - only after visiting the dealership 5 different times and getting letters stating it was there mistake and hand delivering these letters to Huntington Bank. So now my new mortgage rate is 1% higher - roughly $80 a month so predicting staying in this home for 10-15 years we will lose thanks to Ford Dealership approx. $10, 000- $15, 000. I was told to bring in 2 cars to trade for one and they "would make it right" . I understand negative equity and that is on me- however would never have bought the Focus without a knowledgeable sales person telling us good car. So here we are a typical stereo type car sales process to an unknowing customer. Cannot trade car in because negative equity - family too afraid to drive unsafe vehicle, very low savings from buying said Focus- losing money on home purchase, stress of not having vehicle to drive all from one visit to Ford Mathews and a purchase of vehicle. I will instruct my 125 employees to avoid the place if they want to be treated fairly. I doubt I will get anything in return for this letter just wanted to let people know that the trip to Mathews has financially wrecked my credit, my house payments, my stress level and still have the car sitting in my garage because she feels unsafe in this vehicle we have put less than 4k miles since purchase- pretty great trip to buy a Ford vehicle- would you agree? Please feel free to reach out to me if anyone cares about a family trying to recover from a purchase at one of your dealerships. I can be reached at [protected]. Hope to hear from someone that understands what Ford customer services means of if fair and honest treatment exists in the car industry.