Folica.comsells fake product

J

I purchased a ghd hair straightener. When I received I noticed something was off. After researching I found out my hair straightener was fake.

I spent 300$ for a fake that probably cost about 20$ to make.

Avoid avoid avoid folica.com!!!

I am in the process of getting a refund.

• Th
    Theresa Jun 13, 2008

Has had my return for 23 days, and is stating that they have not received it, in spite of my FedEx tracking number. After 4 phone calls and over 60 minutes, they acknowledge they have it, but will take another 4-6 business days to process a credit. I have also filed complaints with the BBB and the NJ Attorney General.

• Fo
    Fol. Cust. Serv. Jul 09, 2009

I am with Folica's customer service and I am not sure why Josie feels that her GHD was a "fake" but I can assure you Folica does sell authentic products. We have been in business since 1998. Folica stands behind the authenticity of everything we sell. All of our merchandise is brand new and guaranteed to be authentic.

Jenmarie Aug 01, 2009

I bought Shampoo and Conditioner from there, Kerastase. They are not even authorized to sell it. I heard that from the Kerastase company itself. AVOID FOLICA

• Pr
    princess_workstoomuch Jan 06, 2010

I too revieved a FAKE GHD iron that I could have bought elsewhere for the same price if I hadn't wanted a certain color. for this I feel stupid. It was unregisterable through GHD. They lied to me saying that their comany registers the iron through GHD and I have to go through them? Right...and I own ocean front property in Arizona as well! Two of their representatives hung up on me, the last because I asked if their was a return slip enclosed?? They are rude rude rude, and sent no warranty info whatsoever...so this is null. What do you expect their customer servive to act like when the owner of the company is a crook??? I am reporting them to the better business bureau. Beware of these people and go to a place where they treat you wonderful like Sephora.

• Da
    dawn1962 Jan 06, 2010

I would like to ask this so called customer representative if the iron is not fake then why can't we register it with GHD ourselves?? Bet this gets no valid answer.

jenn19 Mar 01, 2010

they sell fake only at folica.com

maleet Apr 15, 2010

So did you end up getting a refund? (question to original poster)

JEPS Feb 16, 2012

I totally agree not to buy from Folica. I am from Singapore and I bought 4 hair appliances from them (Conair Straightener, Hot Tools Crimper, Hot Tools Deep Waver and Remington Hot Rollers). I really regret not reading these reviews first before purchasing from them. When the items arrived, I excitedly tested out the items, but only the crimper and hot roller can be switched on. The other 2 cannot. So I emailed Folica to ask.

Their reply was not only unhelpful, but also very matter-of-fact and insincere. First they told me that “international customers cannot use appliances without dual voltage”. I was surprised at their short and cold reply, with no offer to find out more about my problem. I then replied them with a question, asking if that’s the case, why are the items being sold to international customers? And why wasn’t it mentioned upfront to us that international customers cannot use them?

Anyway, I knew about the voltage difference, so I also bought a voltage converter from Folica. I told them more about my problem, that I could not power on the appliances with the converter. And their second reply to me was “You have voided the warranty by using it with a converter”. I was like…what??!! Where in the website was this stated? And the item can’t even be switched on, so how could I have used it? An appliance is used only when there is power running through it right? Some may even say an appliance is used only when it starts serving its function, not when there is electricity through it. The problem now is they can’t even be switched on! Moreover, the converter was from Folica in the first place!! They sold me the converter, and now tell me that I have voided the warranty by using it. Does that sound like a conspiracy?

Folica states on their website that if for any reason customers are not satisfied with their order, can exchange or return within 30 days. Now mine can’t even work….

Folica is not replying to my emails or queries. I really don’t know what I have landed myself into. I thought I could trust them…but apparently not….totally utterly disappointed….. I have paid so much for the items to be shipped over, and now they are only for display purposes……if anyone can help me…pls do… You can reach me at [email protected] Your help wld be greatly appreciated….

JEPS Feb 17, 2012

I really regretted buying from Folica. I bought 4 hair appliances from them (Conair Straightener, Hot Tools Crimper, Hot Tools Deep Waver and Remington Hot Rollers). I really regret not reading these reviews first before purchasing from them. When the items arrived, I excitedly tested out the items, but only the crimper and hot roller can be switched on. The other 2 cannot. So I emailed Folica to ask.

• Li
    LIRose Jan 26, 2013

BEWARE: WARRANTY NOT HONORED! Folica's customer service has taken a nose-dive!

My SEDU 1-1/2" FLAT IRON stopped heating up. I returned it via Priority Mail within the 2-year warranty period to Folica's Return Dept. along with a copy of my original receipt, the Folica return form found on their website, and a check to cover costs--all as instructed by Folica. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND EFFORT! Within a week the package containing all of the items was returned to me UNOPENED and marked REFUSED - RETURN TO SENDER! I called Folica immediately, and the customer service rep falsely claimed they sent my broken flat iron back because "it was a 2007 model, " when in fact THEY DID NOT EVEN OPEN MY PACKAGE to discover that the item I returned was purchased less than two years ago in 2011.

It's a great iron, but it does not last long at all, and one cannot count on Folica to honor the warranty. I switched to a BAYBYLISS PRO NANO TITANIUM for nearly half the price and a 4-year warranty and love it even more than the Sedu.

Folica: You've lost a longtime repeat customer for good. Shame on you.