EWS (Warranty Services)bothersome scam

F

I have received at least five communications, notifying me that the warranty on my car is about to expire, and I absolutely MUST contact them.
I just imported my car which is a 2006 Cadillac, into the US from Canada. Don't tell me my warranty is about to expire!! It expired years ago! These communications are full of intimidation and I think might amount to an attempt to extort money from people who think this is from the government. Where do they get this information. From US customs, from the state of Florida; from the tax collector for the county?
Someone please shut these people down!
I can supply my last communication from them (because I plan to complain to them).

• Rp
    rpma1 Sep 07, 2018

Have a 2016 Chevrolet Truck and I keep getting letters from EWS Account Services, Addison, Texas [protected]) my extended warrant is expiring. Not true this is a scam. Where are the FBI when they need to bust these people? Letter mailed from "Presorted, Standard Mail, US Postage Paid, Santa Ana CA, Permit# 507. What ever happened to the serious charge of mail fraud in the United States?

• Df
    DF1507 Jul 30, 2018

received similar offer on my 2018 car. Very troubling since letter seems so insistent

• Dn
    Dnotgive Dec 07, 2016

Went to go get my car registered & soon after I get 2 letters in the mail from these people that I must act soon or my warranty will expire! They have all of my info. as far as address, year & make of my vehicle etc. which is alarming! How are they getting are info.? I think their getting information from the DMV.. like all other comments this is a scam!

• Dn
    Dnotgive Dec 07, 2016

@Dnotgive *our info.

nobody37 Oct 19, 2016

Got an official looking notice in the mail on bright red paper. Typical scare tactics - IMMEDIATE RESPONSE OR TERRIBLE THINGS WILL HAPPEN. Giveaway is that there is no company name or any details about me or me car. Only my mailing address and bulk mail postage.

• Wa
    Waenurdean Waehamad Jan 20, 2016

I got the same thing, Thank you, I am glad I read this page.

• Da
    Dan Turchan Dec 07, 2015

I get them all the time & then they will call you. I always tell them I sold my car & take mass transit. I think the automotive dealership where I purchase my vehicle sold them my name & thousands of others. I read many complaints about the actual warrenty they sell...don't go there.

• Fr
    Freeman S. Wang Nov 03, 2015

Just got the same experience! Thanks for your post to confirm my guess!