ESA Management, LLC dba Extended Stay America - Westwood Drive, Orlando, FLmissing and non-functioning room items

L Sep 21, 2019 Review updated:

First day in first room - carpet was stained with what looked like motor oil or grease. I checked in late, had to work the next day, so it was Day 3 before I asked to change rooms, which they graciously accommodated and gave me my choice of room. Moved into "recently renovated room", unpacked all my stuff (I am here for 2 months) and then discovered that the light over the table was missing the light bulb, and the table had no chair. I suggested to the desk agent that we take the bulb and chair from the room I just vacated, she said OK, and we (really I) solved those 2 problems. Next day discovered that the larger of the 2 stove burners did not work. Maintenance guy came by, pulled out the burner, and agreed that there were parts missing and he got new parts and got the stove working. Next day went to use the microwave and discovered that there was no turntable in it. Went to front desk, all they had was the glass platter and not the plastic support ring, so using the micro is a balancing act. Last night I went to turn on the TV for the first time in 2 weeks and discovered that the TV does not work. At all. Went to front desk and told the agent (who knows me well by now) and she promised it would be taken care of the next day (today). Went to front desk about 11AM today, asked about the TV, and was told that they had no report about it. Desk agent filled out a maintenance repair slip and promised it would be fixed by the end of the day. Left the room about 3:30 PM to go look at a house and the maintenance guy was coming in and said he would take care of the TV. Returned to room about 6PM, and nothing had been done to fix/replace the TV. Went BACK to front desk and the agent called the maintenance guy who told her that the TV was "dead" and he needed property manager's approval to replace it. Went back to room, waited 20 minutes, went back to front desk, and was told that the property manager said OK, but the maintenance guy was gone and nobody could change out the TV. Draw your own conclusions about the property, I am just going to state facts here and keep my opinions to myself.

• Al
    AlexanderG Sep 28, 2019

The extended Stay America in Columbia Mo...is the worse! Staff lives there smoking weed and drinking and bringing families for free stay and the Manager Cara lets it happen. Customer service is the worse I have experienced!