Equally Yoked - AtlantaMisrepresentation of Services

I am a single woman who signed up for only 3 months of this service. The 3 months were completed and I phoned the Equally Yoked office to cancel the service prior to any additional payments being taken from my checking account. Reason to cancel: I have found the members on the website to either not be active or they are listed on another page of the website as getting married or engage. I am an attractive 49 yr old and have only recieved one invitation in the 3 months to meet. The fellow I met was a "set up" and not an active member. When phoning to cancel the service, the "Director" of Equally Yoked went balistic over the phone and told me I can't cancel and that I was "sick in the head." I beleive that if an investigator were hired to review this service, it would be entirely a scam. They told me I signed up for 6 months, when they verbally told me 3 months. I am still searching for proof where I signed such a document as I keep all paperwork. I am afraid this organization is taking advantage of single women in a most inappropriate way. What options do I have to fight this?

• Pa
    Painter girl Jul 16, 2017

Total scam operation.

• Su
    sunshinedays Jul 16, 2017

I joined in 2011 and paid $2000 for two years (I think, it's been a while). I went out on one date with a guy who told me he had been married three times and engaged once, but had never been in love, only in lust. Then he broke up with the finance because she didn't want to sleep with him. Smart woman. I also went on some of their outings, but it was 20+ women and three or four men. I put my account on hold and after a while, I activated it again and never heard once from anyone. I don't believe they want to help people find "that special someone" they only care about separating people from their money.

• Pa
    Painter girl Dec 30, 2015

I visited Equally Yoked about one year after I was widowed. I was a complete emotional mess during the assessment and sales period. I signed up and believe I paid close to $3000 dollars. I was not in any shape to join but was severely pressured by the consultant. I changed my mind about a week later but was told it was too late. I never received services from them or any type of refund. I believe this organization is a gigantic scam operation. I cannot believe that they bring out the "God card" and rob you blind when you are at your most vulnerable. Run, do not walk, run away from this shady operation as fast as you can!

• Kr
    Kris1992 Apr 12, 2015

I found too many uninterested men on EY or just plain creepy men who should have been screened from the get go. The money spent for the services I received was definitely NOT worth it. My friends and family got me a better match.
    EY never posted my video. I am sadly disappointed in the sales pitch promising a "large" selection of men in my education and financial bracket.

• Eq
    Equally Yoked Atlanta Oct 27, 2011

Here at Equally Yoked Atlanta we do not have sales people but dating consultants. We work with every person who wants to become a member to design a program they can afford. We work very closely with our members to ensure they have the best experience possible. Although we cannot control God's timing or plan for the lives of our members we are a tool God can use to bring his believers together. Not only are we a dating Club but we also facilitate great chances to fellowship with other believers. The above complaint is from 2009 and since then we have come under new management and have a whole new program. I would encourage those who have had a bad experience with the company in the past to revisit!

• Mi
    Michelle In Carolina Jun 03, 2011

It sounds like the same crazy place when I lived in Atlanta from [protected]. I joined in summer of 1999 for 1 year and even then the cost was astranomical ($1250). The sales girl at the time put the hardcore hard sales pitch on me, like you're life isn't worth living unless you join our membership because then you'll have things to do. Stupid me I was so vulnerable at the time and went along with it, in spite of the fact I couldn't really afford the extra credit card debt. In that year's time there were not too many functions I had an interest in, so the money was wasted. I also didn't get any dates either. My advise to anyone living in Atlanta is: keep visiting different churches (I am assuming you are Christian because Equally Yoked is supposedly a Christian business). Keep visiting singles groups at the churches don't give up, sooner or later you will find your nitch if you keep trying. You don't have to spend (waste) your money on the Equally Yoked folks there in Dunwoody. With some effort you can build a social life eventually.